SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,087 of 7,541
I imagine MDR-1A would be a great match for the A17 as do the 1R (but i think some people here say so the 1A are better than 1R because they're bass-lovers)

Listening to this French Harpsichord Music (complete set of suites de clavessin of Louis Couperin) the 1R render good BALANCED & NEUTRAL CLEAN SOUND, Bass fits my needs, punchy, yet controlled not boomy at all, just the power bass of a FRENCH TASKIN CEMBALO and of the Ruckers are also good sounding cembalos with  a very robust sound.

XBA-H3 with no EQ make those french harpsichords sound like schiit, boomy bass like ughh those BEATS BY DR DRE, when i heard this bass sort of like a 50's gramophone horn speaker I was like What??????

EQing the H'3 has been difficult as they get too bright, muddy so i need to do a side by side fine tuning and the I will post the EQ setting for the tamed H3's

So MDR-1R or 1A PERFECT MATCH

XBA-H3.. non-EQ not a match to consider totally destroys the A17 sound EQ'ed perhaps they can make sound like the
1R's

some one on this forum commented the A10 sounded as lifeless as the ipod classic, THAT is NOT TRUE

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #2,088 of 7,541
The a10 series doesn't seem to scroll at any point,
the titles of albums are chopped off in album view.
However when within an album and viewing song titles, the a15 pops a window open above the title with its full information in view, this is a great feature.

Yes it does scroll the song title in NOW PLAYING good news Sony appears to have removed the 60-character limit from track titles

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2,090 of 7,541
I am calculating my play time of my A17 with excel spreadsheet, music bee time infor for the albums at the end of the day and the calculator because musicbee says 5.4 hours and so on, don't know how others measure their play time to test the battery performance

Mine is close to 28 hours and still has two bars left

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #2,091 of 7,541
MDR-1A is an excellent match. I would say the MDR-1R is not at all after an A/B comparison between the two plugged into the A17.
The A17 seems to have issues driving the 1R, likely due to the higher impedance. It sounded very dull and lifeless in comparison.
The 1A sounded louder and effortless. Very airy and transparent with much tighter bass. Best I've heard so far with the A17.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #2,092 of 7,541
MDR-1A is an excellent match. I would say the MDR-1R is not at all after an A/B comparison between the two plugged into the A17.
The A17 seems to have issues driving the 1R, likely due to the higher impedance. It sounded very dull and lifeless in comparison.
The 1A sounded louder and effortless. Very airy and transparent with much tighter bass. Best I've heard so far with the A17.

Yes because you are a bass lover thats why you say 1R sound bad (you like electro music or rap i assume).

Me likes classical music not need for boomy bass of the aluminum coated LCP driver so my 1R sound fine and yes liud (perhpas you have an euro unit with volume cap) mine is a mexican A17 with is louder than my x1060 at the same volume level

I won't be discussing htis any futher period as i dont have 1A here in mexico

Only thing yes DSEE HX smooths badly recorded French and flemish Harpsichords

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #2,093 of 7,541
  I am calculating my play time of my A17 with excel spreadsheet, music bee time infor for the albums at the end of the day and the calculator because musicbee says 5.4 hours and so on, don't know how others measure their play time to test the battery performance

(read with dramatic suspense music, and narrative Japanese voice)
Zeon researched the old gundam unit salvaged after the one year war. they called that unit CASIO, and on it discovered a very old an powerful technology. called a chronometer! 

I use that on my watch^_^.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #2,094 of 7,541

Zeon researched the old gundam unit salvaged after the one year war. they called that unit CASIO, and on it discovered a very old an powerful technology. called a chronometer! 

well actually maybe i was a little bit overzealous
biggrin.gif
 I know what you meant haha "gerelmx, you uused a parachute to brake a cessna propeller aircraft in a 4km runway"

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #2,096 of 7,541
What I meant is, while a album is playing, if you select the down button which shows the next album, it will not scroll it's title, and a lot of these folders show no title, so something isn't right.
But yes going into album mode scrolls fine.

Yes it does scroll the song title in NOW PLAYING good news Sony appears to have removed the 60-character limit from track titles

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #2,097 of 7,541

hahahahaha 
bigsmile_face.gif

I vented my Ire in the fiio x3 review i made today here
bigsmile_face.gif
 and parised my shiny walkman

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #2,099 of 7,541
Jan 11, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #2,100 of 7,541
Hhehehe the guys at fiio x3 thread are mad at me  YAY, sony Fanboys gotta love me because my PRAISE THE A17
biggrin.gif

Even dared to write on the fiio threa X3 Be the Slave of the MASTER walkman A17 ... I already unsubscribed before the monster is awaken

AFTER 29 hours 57 minutes the 3rd bar of the battery icon has dissapeared

Users who are viewing this thread

Back