SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 10, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #2,071 of 7,541
sony quotes 50 hrs for mp3, 40 for 24/96 and i think 30 for 24/192... it says WAVE (Uncompressed) 51hrs but does not mention 16/44.1 FLAC or alac so i assume is like wave... 51 hrs unde IDEAL CONDITIONS NOT RELA LIFE CONDITIONS

Jan 10, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #2,072 of 7,541
A simple silicon cover for £4.49 plus £2.15 postage from England to Singapore.

Cool looking case, bold
biggrin.gif
, i will look one in amazon USA to import to mexico, if you can give me the maker of the case will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Gerry

Jan 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #2,074 of 7,541

Cool looking case, bold
biggrin.gif
, i will look one in amazon USA to import to mexico, if you can give me the maker of the case will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Gerry

Easy to find when lost - unless on grass!

The cover can be found on Amazon as "iGadgitz Red Silicone Skin Case Cover for Sony Walkman NWZ-A15 A17"

Jan 10, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #2,075 of 7,541

Cool looking case, bold
biggrin.gif

Gerry

I have white version of this case. It's pretty good for the money.

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #2,076 of 7,541

this is my fiio and the F806 and the E series ( borrowed from my girl friend to compare ) and this which i loved its sound sig and eq too much ... sorry for repeating my question again .. OCD & very hesitant guy is here 
redface.gif

For any one tried the older walkman's eq .. is the A-17 has the same powerful eq ? 
gerelmx1986 replied me : yes and more powerful too !! .... any confirmation guys ? 

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #2,077 of 7,541
after 20 hours 21 minutes battery second bar gone. I will need to stop fiddling with the screen more often
biggrin.gif
 and well lower the brightness frm 2 to 1 One, lithium-ion batteries don't perform the same in cold conditions than in warmer cliate, here in MX is winter right now and we have a polar vrtex with 0°C, my house has zeo heating so don't expect to have stellar batteyr life during his winter season

TWO, Lithium batteries need to be at least charged 5 times to 100% during first usage in order they reacch full potential Source battery University

@georgelai57 thanks for the info about the rubber case

hehe with battery U i learn why i crapped my dell batteries fast enought in one year

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #2,078 of 7,541

this is my fiio and the F806 and the E series ( borrowed from my girl friend to compare ) and this which i loved its sound sig and eq too much ... sorry for repeating my question again .. OCD & very hesitant guy is here 
redface.gif

For any one tried the older walkman's eq .. is the A-17 has the same powerful eq ? 
gerelmx1986 replied me : yes and more powerful too !! .... any confirmation guys ? 

Other thing i can say and has been commented here too is that I found that volume on lets say on 10 is three-steps louder than my previous X1060 & A818 at the same vol. 10 so on older devices you had to reach 13 to make this LOUD, so i use it on 07 or 08, on low-volume songs i go to 14 being aware of next album could be loud
basshead.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #2,079 of 7,541

redface.gif

the EQ is the same on all non android sony walkman.

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #2,081 of 7,541
Tamed waaay better the XBA-H3

Custom EQ

Clear Bass at 0
0.4KHz at +2   +1
1.0Khz at +2
2.5Khz at +2
6.3Khz at +2
16Khz at +2     +1

gosh i will try to fiddle more with it to reach an approximation of the signature of My MDR-1R which have  No EQ on my A17, so flat

Jan 11, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #2,082 of 7,541
50 hrs? How closely did you monitor this? I monitored very closely and got about 32 hrs. That's a long way off from 50. And I used low volumes, dimmest backlight, very little screen on time, mostly MP3. Basically the least taxing method. You should keep a record. Interesting to compare if everyone gets approx the same or if there is actually a variance of 20 hrs usage with some units, which seems excessively high. Did you use the battery saver option?

Not really closely monitor.
Even at zero burning in, the sound stage of A17 is already very much wider and 3D effect than the many hours burnt in DX50.

Jan 11, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #2,083 of 7,541

50 hrs? How closely did you monitor this? I monitored very closely and got about 32 hrs. That's a long way off from 50. And I used low volumes, dimmest backlight, very little screen on time, mostly MP3. Basically the least taxing method. You should keep a record. Interesting to compare if everyone gets approx the same or if there is actually a variance of 20 hrs usage with some units, which seems excessively high. Did you use the battery saver option?

Not really closely monitor.
Even at zero burning in, the sound stage of A17 is already very much wider and 3D effect than the many hours burnt in DX50.

yep agree.. using my MDR-1R reference point... wider soundstage than my fiio x3 .....forget about the hi-res also, XBA-H3 trying to tame those, i dont have a so called headphone switch.. to connect my A17 to both phones and switch to do band-by-band tuning of the custom eq's on the H3's while switching back and forth on the MDR-1R's to compare the sound changes on the H3's.

guess i will try to do it manually connecting and reconnecting the phones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back