SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 3, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #1,006 of 7,541
Hi fellow music lovers. I am a new member and this is my first post. Please forgive me if I am not posting in the correct way as I am not very experienced in using forums altough I have been following you guys for a year and finally today I decide to join you. Its an awesome place to lern about music/audio.

I happen to live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and the A15 and A17 made the sony stores here early and already available for purchase. I pass by Sony center on daily basis when going to work and I have checked out bothj models numerous times. I am planning to get A17 as it is one sexy thing, hehe. I love how it sounds/operates/looks.

I have a question for those out there who already own A17. I tried asking Sony employees but their product knowledge is very poor, at least it is so in this country.

I have read all the pages of thos thread and I didnt see anyone mentioning this matter.

Can you please explain whether the audio files placed in internal memory and SD card get integrated into a single library and all files can be seen/browsed/played together from the same list or they are not integrated and each memory part (internal and external) must be browsed/played separately.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #1,007 of 7,541
Hi fellow music lovers. I am a new member and this is my first post. Please forgive me if I am not posting in the correct way as I am not very experienced in using forums altough I have been following you guys for a year and finally today I decide to join you. Its an awesome place to lern about music/audio.

I happen to live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and the A15 and A17 made the sony stores here early and already available for purchase. I pass by Sony center on daily basis when going to work and I have checked out bothj models numerous times. I am planning to get A17 as it is one sexy thing, hehe. I love how it sounds/operates/looks.

I have a question for those out there who already own A17. I tried asking Sony employees but their product knowledge is very poor, at least it is so in this country.

I have read all the pages of thos thread and I didnt see anyone mentioning this matter.

Can you please explain whether the audio files placed in internal memory and SD card get integrated into a single library and all files can be seen/browsed/played together from the same list or they are not integrated and each memory part (internal and external) must be browsed/played separately.

haha you'll find some Msians here as well, why don't you bring your own sd card and try it the next time you go there again?

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #1,008 of 7,541

They are integrated into the same library , they are however browsed sepparately from the folder browser , but if you use your usual artist, album, genre tag browsing its all in together

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #1,009 of 7,541

they are integrated as one for browsing by album/artist/songs/genre... 
and are separated when browsing by folder(obviously^_^)

edit: oops again I didn't refresh the page and missed Retrias answer, soz.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #1,013 of 7,541
Tq 4 replies guys..just to confirm, I usually like to browse by songs only,dnt usually listen to whole albums..usually shuffle all..so wil I b able to shuffle all available songs if some are in internal and some external? Thnks a bunch, u guys r d best!!

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #1,017 of 7,541
I've been enjoying mine for a few days now and it is equal to the X5 in sound quality. Mind you I use Beyer T51P which are Tesla and very very easy to drive so I never got any benefit from using the uber powerful X5. If you have more power hungry headphones I suppose ymmv. But if you add EQ then I can get a more fuller better sounding device than I could with the X5.

Also, man you guys weren't kidding. ClearBass is all that and a bag of chips. I forgot how good bass can make a difference in many songs that benefit from it. Not to mention that the UI is fantastic. Not Zune HD level but great nonetheless.

This is my first non-tape Walkman and I love it so far. It is very fast, turns on instantly. Bluetooth is great to pair with my car. I literally have nothing to complain about. I had already organized my music the way I want it when I got the X5 so I just created a MUSIC folder and put all my stuff in there and viola.

Now I am on the hunt for some accessories, a need a case/etc for it.

I got it through Sony US via their student store and got $30 off MSRP.

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #1,018 of 7,541
Originally Posted by krayziehustler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, man you guys weren't kidding. ClearBass is all that and a bag of chips. I forgot how good bass can make a difference in many songs that benefit from it. Not to mention that the UI is fantastic. Not Zune HD level but great nonetheless.

This is my first non-tape Walkman and I love it so far. It is very fast, turns on instantly. Bluetooth is great to pair with my car. I literally have nothing to complain about. I had already organized my music the way I want it when I got the X5 so I just created a MUSIC folder and put all my stuff in there and viola.

Now I am on the hunt for some accessories, a need a case/etc for it.

I got it through Sony US via their student store and got $30 off MSRP.

Got mine though a small SONY store in Syd and they threw in a SD card :p
I believe the beauty of Clear Bass + is that it lifts the softer sounds such as sub-bass to be louder without clipping the already loud bass.

I would go to ebay and buy some cheap phone screen protectors and cut one to size.  

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #1,020 of 7,541
In reply, regarding AccessoryJack, you can trust them. Back in 2011 i ordered a Sony NWZ-S745 from them, arrived quickly and safely in its sealed original packaging.
I thought would place an order for this model too, but someone mentioned the back of this player is made of plastic, so i'm not sure anymore (older A and S series Walkmans were more robust with the aluminium housing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back