SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #992 of 7,541
@ castleofargh maybe I am just lazy and used with touchscreen , but I guess its just 3 presses so its easy enough . Its a really good player for its size, complements my x5 in all things

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #994 of 7,541
@ castleofargh maybe I am just lazy and used with touchscreen , but I guess its just 3 presses so its easy enough . Its a really good player for its size, complements my x5 in all things

I was just saying in case you missed the option. in fact I complained to myself about the "now playing" icon being all the way down right, but pictures and video right next to the center... yeah sure I bought a DAP with a 320*240 pixels because I'm sooooo much into pictures and movies on my DAP... ^_^ GG sony it makes complete sense! not!!!!!!
 so don't worry I understand your feeling and just a little customization ability could go a long way. but then I take my cowon I10 and all of a sudden sony's UI seems perfect
biggrin.gif
on my clip+ I keep hitting the center button when I want to pause, I've been using clips for so many years, yet I keep doing it. in my head play pause has to be the center button.
I hated the DX50's ui and how the touchscreen reacted.
I know a few people who where very unhappy with the fiio X3's UI. I found it worked ok, then I thought about the fact that I'm left handed and tried using it with my right hand. an ok button layering became instantly a bad one for me.

so in the end, I complain about sony's UI, but very quietly ^_^.

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #995 of 7,541
In iPodLand, the UI reverts back to the Now Playing screen after a time of inactivity. That always made good sense to me.

Yeah , this is a real nice idea that some player could have used , the new AKs home screen have a shortcut to now playing , thats okay as well
 I was just saying in case you missed the option. in fact I complained to myself about the "now playing" icon being all the way down right, but pictures and video right next to the center... yeah sure I bought a DAP with a 320*240 pixels because I'm sooooo much into pictures and movies on my DAP... ^_^ GG sony it makes complete sense! not!!!!!!
 so don't worry I understand your feeling and just a little customization ability could go a long way. but then I take my cowon I10 and all of a sudden sony's UI seems perfect:D .
on my clip+ I keep hitting the center button when I want to pause, I've been using clips for so many years, yet I keep doing it. in my head play pause has to be the center button.
I hated the DX50's ui and how the touchscreen reacted.
I know a few people who where very unhappy with the fiio X3's UI. I found it worked ok, then I thought about the fact that I'm left handed and tried using it with my right hand. an ok button layering became instantly a bad one for me.

so in the end, I complain about sony's UI, but very quietly ^_^.

I for one didnt quite like the layout of the DX50 both menu and hardware , the X3 was pretty much a nightmare for me

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #996 of 7,541
  I still think the older UI was best. Right click brought up a drop down menu on the top right with 'Now playing' in total 2 clicks away.
And pressing down during a song let you select the artists name, album, year... for direct search of that entry.

When you press down on this it does this dumb album scroll thing, only thing I hate with a passion about this player. Yucks.

Exactly! So if it would just show you the albums by the currently playing artist, that would still be helpful.

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #999 of 7,541

But still a third world country..........
confused_face.gif

If you've seen the Sony website from more countries, you'll realize that the local Sony branch in each country is often the one who determines what they offer, based on what they think will sell.

For example, one year Thailand only got 8GB max for their A-series walkman, because the 16 and 32GB models simply didn't sell in the previous year -- there were a lot of leftovers that took Sony Thai about 2-3 years to clear out, those stock were present at every "sale event" in department stores.

I'm in a region where the 64GB A17 does NOT come in black. I'm annoyed as hell about it, and Sony most certainly lost business from me because I bought the black A15. If they decided to offer the A17 in black (like Thailand does this year) then they'd have made that much more....OR SO I THINK. I'm just one customer, and I recognize that the wider local market is simply not into black for their electronics anymore. No amount of self-important speech will change that. *shrug*

So I think it's a bit, no, very silly and immature to use the self-pity tantrum of "omg we're a third world country" as an argument.
If Sony doesn't sell something in my region, the shopping habits of my fellow countrymen is almost always the main reason for it, and I would blame them.
On the other hand, if I've got money, there's nothing stopping me from purchasing the exact walkman I want from other regions.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #1,002 of 7,541
Lol. The Sony store near my house paired it with the XBA-H3 for demo

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #1,004 of 7,541
  where's best place to pick up the Blue japanese version to import into USA? and is it finally confirmed there will be no English menus?

still not sure about the Japanese version though a company called AccessoryJack from Hong Kong import the A17 in any of the four available colors for $298, the same price  as it sells for in the U.S. (though here it's only available in silver)

also in Japan it seems the blue and red Walkman models only come in 32gb (A16) - judging by the photograph of the player from the link below, the Hong Kong A17 model does seem to support English characters.

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nwz-a17-64gb-nfc-walkman-hi-res-digital-music-player-blue.html

- also here is their FAQ which i found pretty helpful  http://www.accessoryjack.com/faq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back