SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 3, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,021 of 7,541
  I have a A15 and posted a review ^_^.

That has happened to u for a second time now
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,022 of 7,541
oh? I didnt see that , I guess i will go and have a read

I didnt try the clearbass when i went and try mine because I cannot find it , maybe I will try finding it when i visit one of the place thats selling it

clear bass is awesome and i am talking about my old cheap walkman e-474 back in the day.
hopefully its further improved now
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #1,023 of 7,541
  Thanks, how does hiss and minimum volume compare to the M8?

I don't hear any on either device, but really I'm not in a position to comment on hiss because I don't care. I'm a great fan of cassette and FM/AM radio, both of which can hiss A LOT
biggrin.gif

Let's put it this way.. the A10 hisses A LOT LESS than the A840/850. That's progress don't you think?

(Edited to correct) My subjective impression is that the A10 can go quieter and having 2x the steps in its volume control also helps.

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #1,024 of 7,541
hi...the clearbass + is a separate dsp like clearaudio? or you are talking about the bass within user equalizer, mainly the first silder on the left (with three levels if iam not mistaken)?

If it is a separate option that can be sWitched on/off kindly tell me where it is as I didnt seeM to notice it...tq...cheers

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,026 of 7,541
I have been using the A15 for about a 2 days now ...I have mixed feelings about this player on the one hand i love the form factor and the battery life is awesome!! and on the other hand the hiss on the player is disturbing not very good for my sensitive ears ...I am using both the sony xb90ex and xioami piston 2 IEMS. I also have a Ipod touch 5g and i played a similar track on both players apart from the hiss on the sony they both nearly sounded the same,but the ipod touch had a bit more zest in the sound the sony sounded slightly dull to my ears i dont know what it is but it just sound subdued it might be the weak amp affecting the sound.
            Comparing the the Sony A15 to the Sony z1070 i used to have, the z series beats the A15 in bass and detail its a pity that the z series was a bit too bulky i really liked that player. For me if you want the form factor and a very good battery life i recommend this player but the sound is not the greatest i have heard from a Sony product it certainly does not sound better than my Ipod touch 5th gen          

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,027 of 7,541
Hi there, thanks for your promt reply...to clarify the matter, I was not advocating clar audio, just used it as an examope of sound setting...will rephrase the question:

Is the cleabass a separate sound setting that can be switched on and off like clear audio, DSEE HX, etc? (if yes where in the settings it is located)

OR

the clearbass is the slider in the equalizer (the first slider on the left)?

Also I'd like to ask about what is optimal sound setting according to you, even though that is subjective and may depend upon the headphones used...bus still I would appreciate if you could comment:

is leaving all other sound settings/DSPs off and enabling user EQ on flat with clear bass lifter the best? can DSEE HX work along with clearbass lifted up or equalizer cannot be accessed when DSEE HX is enabled? can clearbass be coupled with any other sound setting?

Sorry too many questions...

Thank you for your thoughts.

Cheers

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,028 of 7,541
this dap sounds like a piece of crap so disappointing i thought japanese products were supposed to be really solid? all i hear is hiss complaints..why would they let that slip through) ?

has anyone compared this player to the X1 ?

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,029 of 7,541
  I have been using the A15 for about a 2 days now ...I have mixed feelings about this player on the one hand i love the form factor and the battery life is awesome!! and on the other hand the hiss on the player is disturbing not very good for my sensitive ears ...I am using both the sony xb90ex and xioami piston 2 IEMS. I also have a Ipod touch 5g and i played a similar track on both players apart from the hiss on the sony they both nearly sounded the same,but the ipod touch had a bit more zest in the sound the sony sounded slightly dull to my ears i dont know what it is but it just sound subdued it might be the weak amp affecting the sound.
            Comparing the the Sony A15 to the Sony z1070 i used to have, the z series beats the A15 in bass and detail its a pity that the z series was a bit too bulky i really liked that player. For me if you want the form factor and a very good battery life i recommend this player but the sound is not the greatest i have heard from a Sony product it certainly does not sound better than my Ipod touch 5th gen          

Do you notice any volume difference between the A15 & Z1070?  Is your Z1070 an imported Japanese unit and A15 a EU unit?  If so this maybe due to a volume cap issue.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #1,030 of 7,541
Guys anyone care to answer my question above in the thread regarding the clearbass- I would appreciate it....

I have one more small question and after this I promise not to bother you anymore - will try my best- hehe...

I am getting A17 soon and already arranging my library for it.

I have a folder in my PC with a bunch of MP3 non-music files. They contain shows, lectures and alike. They are further arranged into many subfolders - 100 + of subfolders. So if I place this folder in podcast folder will they play? And will I be able to see /browse through subfolders and select any of the files within any of the subfolder to play or all the files contained in all subfolder will be bunched together?

If playback of those non-music MP3 files is possible in the manner i described above I hope when I switch back to play music files browsing by songs and if i shuffle all will the files placed in podcast section be shuffled too? I hope not as I do not want to mix the music and non music files together.

If above playback is not possible can you suggest a workaround how to arrange to be able to browse and play music and non music files separate.

Thank you guys.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #1,031 of 7,541
this dap sounds like a piece of crap so disappointing i thought japanese products were supposed to be really solid? all i hear is hiss complaints..why would they let that slip through) ?

has anyone compared this player to the X1 ?

i did , and i found the x1 lacking , but since everyone hailed the x1, i maybe the minority here. there is no hiss once you play your music, not one i can heard of anyway with a ck100

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #1,033 of 7,541
Guys anyone care to answer my question above in the thread regarding the clearbass- I would appreciate it....

I have one more small question and after this I promise not to bother you anymore - will try my best- hehe...

I am getting A17 soon and already arranging my library for it.

I have a folder in my PC with a bunch of MP3 non-music files. They contain shows, lectures and alike. They are further arranged into many subfolders - 100 + of subfolders. So if I place this folder in podcast folder will they play? And will I be able to see /browse through subfolders and select any of the files within any of the subfolder to play or all the files contained in all subfolder will be bunched together?

If playback of those non-music MP3 files is possible in the manner i described above I hope when I switch back to play music files browsing by songs and if i shuffle all will the files placed in podcast section be shuffled too? I hope not as I do not want to mix the music and non music files together.

If above playback is not possible can you suggest a workaround how to arrange to be able to browse and play music and non music files separate.

Thank you guys.

Your first questions is already answered, but again: It is the slider on the left. It is not compatible with DSEE HX.

Second questions already answered before, but for you: http://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwza10/v1/en/contents/TP0000427057.html.

Nice feature for me: The Sound enhancements also work via Bluetooth, including aptX, if you want. You can decide separately for each bluetooth device if the sound enhancements should be enabled or not.

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #1,034 of 7,541

Do you notice any volume difference between the A15 & Z1070?  Is your Z1070 an imported Japanese unit and A15 a EU unit?  If so this maybe due to a volume cap issue.I have not got the 

I have not got the Z1070 anymore but the volume on the that was higher than the A15 for sure..

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #1,035 of 7,541
Don't get me wrong guys there is no  hiss when you start playing the music but its definitely present when silent but its just my ears are sensitive to it ...remember ours ears are different ...I might return this and get the Japanese version in blue the form factor and battery life and the fact that that version has Atrac playback and noise cancelling as an extra is a win for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back