SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Sep 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #46 of 7,541
  So there is no amp? How will that work then? Will I need to get external amp for it?

Technically it does, but I know what you mean.

The S-Master™ HX digital amplifier, uniquely developed for Hi-Res audio playback, reduces distortion and noise while reproducing wide frequency response for a clearer acoustic experience.DSEE HX™ technology is used to upscale the quality of compressed digital files (MP3, AAC, and WMA) to surpass CD resolution, nearing High Resolution quality, giving the listener the feeling of being in the performance space, and closer to the original recording.

(Sony Press)

It's more digital than the usual DAC + Amp + DAP AIO. Based on the impressions of the Pono player, though, it could work. I doubt an external amp is really needed, unless you want to drive certain full-size headphones. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #48 of 7,541
  So there is no amp? How will that work then? Will I need to get external amp for it?

What the...Of course there's an amp! Tthe digital amp chip handles both D/A conversion and amplification. That's how you get audio from the 3.5mm headphone jack.
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #52 of 7,541

last sony daps were also like that and it works just fine with most IEMs and very sensitive portable headphones. is you had a sony you already know that they never intend to drive a LCD2, they make real portable stuff for portable headphones. if you need more than that, think external amp or ibasso/fioo DAPs that have a real and strong amp section largely superior to the vast majority of DAPs that ever existed.

as a rule of thumb, if you're looking for driving power, start by thinking battery space that provides the energy. there is no way something that small could pretend to have impressive power for that many hours.

I know I'm looking for something small first(and the line out is a nice + when needed). if I had a X5, however good it could sound, I would leave it home and take a clip zip most of the time.

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #55 of 7,541
Need some impressions on sound ! But I'm already excited about it looks perfect so sexy and sleek considering most of my music is ALAC this is the device i've been looking for if it sounds better than my Ipod touch 5th gen I'm sold. It will saving me having to carry around the giant Clas solo-db and Duet setup. I might preorder now but there seems to only be the 16GB available in the U.K ?????

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #56 of 7,541
According to the Sony Store specs it also supports Aptx which totally nails it for me. I am pretty excited about this product, hopefully it sounds as good as the specs go for it is probably easier on the user side and less prone to reboots and text encoding problems like the X3 and the DX50. It can also use a lot less pocket space which is a plus in my book and still beat Ipod sound.

http://store.sony.com/64-gb-hi-res-walkman-digital-music-player-zid27-NWZA17SLV/cat-27-catid-All-MP3-Players?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #57 of 7,541
  According to the Sony Store specs it also supports Aptx which totally nails it for me. I am pretty excited about this product, hopefully it sounds as good as the specs go for it is probably easier on the user side and less prone to reboots and text encoding problems like the X3 and the DX50. It can also use a lot less pocket space wich is a plus in my book and still beat Ipod sound.

http://store.sony.com/64-gb-hi-res-walkman-digital-music-player-zid27-NWZA17SLV/cat-27-catid-All-MP3-Players?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Agreed I can't actually wait I'm looking at that hard steel thinking might pair well with the new Atomic Floyd Superdart Titanium or RHA audios New T10i which I am hoping will be something special ! Hard sleek sexy steel silver looks soo good :). Hoping it lives up to the hype !

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #58 of 7,541
Cnet has posted first impressions of this walkman, the interface shown to a blue walkman (Japan only) English this means that I can import this walkman japan and enjoy my atrac3 files, and more color options, it is important to mention that, and that no A-Series Walkman has had the option of English language

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTuGzi6qHjI

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #59 of 7,541
  Need some impressions on sound ! But I'm already excited about it looks perfect so sexy and sleek considering most of my music is ALAC this is the device i've been looking for if it sounds better than my Ipod touch 5th gen I'm sold. It will saving me having to carry around the giant Clas solo-db and Duet setup. I might preorder now but there seems to only be the 16GB available in the U.K ?????

Shouldn't matter with the Micro sd slot.  A lot of people are scratching their heads on why sony has released this, me I can't wait.  First mp3 player upgrade since the clip plus (which will then live as backup player in my work bag in case I forget to charge or whatever). I had looked at the likes of Ibasso and so on but something just held me back.

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #60 of 7,541
This A series looks good, and I have a bit of buyer's remorse about buying a Fiio X3. This has a better interface, and you can "one hand" the controls. CNET reviewer wanted a touch screen. Are you kidding? Anyway, with 64 mb included, this looks like a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back