SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jul 24, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #5,146 of 7,541
Be aware that the Z3 no longer supportd Hi Res via USB after the Lollipop update. It did when it was launched

Are you sure? It is still listed as one of its major feature and even my Z2 has it after Lollipop update. I recalled iFi audio also confirms Hi-res will work when pairing with their amp+DAC with Android 5.0. Not to mention Z3+/Z3v/Z4 have it too.

I know Sony 'removes' the hi-res-over-USB option in the menu, but that's because it is enabled all the time in the new firmware, both on the smartphone hardware as well as on USB DAC, so having a 'switch' is no longer needed. It is not because Hi-res support is removed.

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #5,148 of 7,541

Are you sure? It is still listed as one of its major feature and even my Z2 has it after Lollipop update. I recalled iFi audio also confirms Hi-res will work when pairing with their amp+DAC with Android 5.0. Not to mention Z3+/Z3v/Z4 have it too.

I know Sony 'removes' the hi-res-over-USB option in the menu, but that's because it is enabled all the time in the new firmware, both on the smartphone hardware as well as on USB DAC, so having a 'switch' is no longer needed. It is not because Hi-res support is removed.

You are right :)

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #5,149 of 7,541
  The 1000 post 
beerchug.gif

hahaha
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #5,150 of 7,541
  Thats's not true. The manual switch has been removed from the menu but Z3 does it automatically now with Lollipop. That's why it's been removed

Well I apologise. Case of rubbish in / rubbish out on my part; read this when researching my new purchase;-

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Music/Why-did-you-remove-HD-Audio-via-MINI-USB-out-in-Lollipop-update/td-p/976707/page/3

The interweb is full of misinformation and I've just added to it, which was not my intention

Good that it's still there and you never know one day I might actually get myself one of these portable dac/amps to go with it.

Bye (again !)

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #5,151 of 7,541
Thanks everyone for the advice and pictures. I did already buy a line out cable from eBay for my Ibasso.
Interesting Godbluff, that you thought the USB out had been removed after the 5.0 update because after the update my Ibasso would no longer work with the walkman app that I had been using. I posted somewhere about my problem, but got no replies : ( . I tried the Onkyo app and it worked fine, and then decided to buy the USB audio player app and I've had no problems, but initially I thought it it had been removed as there seemed to be no settings for it. I now know it's in the developer settings, but it should be have been on by default.

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #5,152 of 7,541
regarding the memory card. I've been using the NWZ-A15 as a gym music player as I like the manual controls. However, I want to use the memory card in my Nokia 808 in order to shoot videos/use the fm transmitter. I cannot see any folders or music when plugged into my PC. Only shortcuts. I think the NWZ-A10 series have their own way of organising music, but all the music doesn't appear on my Nokia or PC. Any help with this please? Sorry to sound like a Noob. I did search already and found some answers regarding creating a /Music folder in the SD card. This will be a future step for me, but is there any way to retrieve the files already on the card? Thanks

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #5,153 of 7,541
  regarding the memory card. I've been using the NWZ-A15 as a gym music player as I like the manual controls. However, I want to use the memory card in my Nokia 808 in order to shoot videos/use the fm transmitter. I cannot see any folders or music when plugged into my PC. Only shortcuts. I think the NWZ-A10 series have their own way of organising music, but all the music doesn't appear on my Nokia or PC. Any help with this please? Sorry to sound like a Noob. I did search already and found some answers regarding creating a /Music folder in the SD card. This will be a future step for me, but is there any way to retrieve the files already on the card? Thanks

with your A15 turned on keep pressing the back button until you've navigated your way back to the home screen.

once there go down on the menu to the center of the very bottom row which shows an icon for a microSD card,when you choose it the words 'SD card settings' will appear,click on that icon,this will take you to the SD card settings menu, once there choose 'storage for file transfer' and then 'location for USB transfer' now you will see the options 'system storage' and 'sd card' navigate down to sd card and press enter. that's it.

now plug your A15 into your computers USB port and (on windows) it will bring up the autoplay folder,go in there and choose the music folder,you are now in your sd card folders where you can add or remove albums/songs or copy and paste them onto your computer.if you are using a mac i believe it brings up the content transfer window,but either way that's how you choose which library you want to view when you plug into your computer.

if after that,once you've ejected your A15 from your computers usb port you want to switch back to where you'll see the A15's internal storage folder again the next time you plug into your computer - just follow the same instructions and choose 'system storage'. once you get the hang of it its really very easy to navigate back and forth between the two.

though i agree it would be nice to be able to view both without having to unplug the Walkman wait for it to create the library then go back into the SD card settings menu and reset it back to either the sd card or the system storage,but , for now i'm just happy to finally have a Sony Walkman with a microSD card slot.
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #5,154 of 7,541
Thanks a lot for your help. Didn't think it'd be that simple.... Interesting that you can't access any of the content on the SD card (on your PC) unless you put it back in the A15 and then plug it into the computer. Yeah, it's really great it has a SD card slot. I have to say, that the battery life is a bit poor on my unit, especially when using bluetooth. And the search function is lacking. Apart from that, it's a great device.

Jul 26, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #5,155 of 7,541
What would be the best/highest quality format to convert SACD ripped .dsf files to be played back on the A15? WAV, PCM?

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #5,157 of 7,541

thank you, I was thinking about my CD rip FLAC rates and forgot it could go higher 

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #5,158 of 7,541
  Thanks a lot for your help. Didn't think it'd be that simple.... Interesting that you can't access any of the content on the SD card (on your PC) unless you put it back in the A15 and then plug it into the computer. Yeah, it's really great it has a SD card slot. I have to say, that the battery life is a bit poor on my unit, especially when using bluetooth. And the search function is lacking. Apart from that, it's a great device.

it isn't! if you had files on the SD card you could definitely access them from a card reader and a computer(unless the card is bugged/broken/too cheap to be real. what your experience seems to show is that the content you tried to access was probably on the A15 itself from the start, and the SD card was most likely empty.
that's my guess.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #5,159 of 7,541

it isn't! if you had files on the SD card you could definitely access them from a card reader and a computer(unless the card is bugged/broken/too cheap to be real. what your experience seems to show is that the content you tried to access was probably on the A15 itself from the start, and the SD card was most likely empty.
that's my guess.

I dragged and dropped the files onto the Microsd via the A15 when it was connected via USB. When I've connected it this time, it seems it has "hidden" these files on the microsd. They can be accessed when you reconnect the sd card via the A15 but not any other device. Anyways i've learnt my lesson and ordered more microsd cards...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back