SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 17, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #407 of 7,541
A15 from the Sony store with a Sandisk 64GB plugged in.
Excellent sound quality, very fun and highly detailled.

Any comparisons with other DAPs? And with which IEM?

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #409 of 7,541
Not sure if this deserves a new thread or not, but he A17 is now available for preorder through Sony's site.

NWZ-A17SLV  Is the official US model number.

This may finally be the DAP worthy of being the successor to my Cowon J3 =D

Just not sure if I will like giving up touch screen nav

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #410 of 7,541
  Not sure if this deserves a new thread or not, but he A17 is now available for preorder through Sony's site.

NWZ-A17SLV  Is the official US model number.

This may finally be the DAP worthy of being the successor to my Cowon J3 =D

Just not sure if I will like giving up touch screen nav

The controls and the UI are incredibly fast and responsive... never seen faster.

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #411 of 7,541
Can you please test gapless playback? Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #412 of 7,541
Can you please test gapless playback? Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?

Can you please test gapless playback?
Yes, it works.

Also if you have bunch of files in music folder and extra folders within music with albums, does shuffle play only the files in music or dues it also include extra album folders?
Sorry, all my music is on the same folder level, i can't test it.

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #415 of 7,541

it can play it all. but I had my files scanned from the computer already so maybe there is that. the shuffle from "sens me" can be limited (but I couldn't yet find why/how) but going by the "all songs" menu it seems to work just fine with anything anywhere. (given that you're set with "shuffle" and "all range" in your playback settings).

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #416 of 7,541

it can play it all. but I had my files scanned from the computer already so maybe there is that. the shuffle from "sens me" can be limited (but I couldn't yet find why/how) but going by the "all songs" menu it seems to work just fine with anything anywhere. (given that you're set with "shuffle" and "all range" in your playback settings).

I may need to split into two folders, one for music and one for folders.

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #417 of 7,541

I may need to split into two folders, one for music and one for folders.

if you format the card with the DAP it will make the usual sony directories already (video, podcast ... ) you have a need for further folders outside music?

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #418 of 7,541
Sony was advertising some poscap capacitor for this walkman??

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #420 of 7,541

if you format the card with the DAP it will make the usual sony directories already (video, podcast ... ) you have a need for further folders outside music?

Prefer to separate albums from singles.
So only shuffle through singles.

oh, well you could always make one directory with singles under music and shuffle that folder with playback range set to "selected range"(meaning the actual folder you're in).
or make a playlist (all you need is generate a .cue with foobar of all the selected songs). but I don't know if there is a limit to the size of a playlist?
anyway you should have ways to do it how you like withing "music" subfolders or outside of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back