SONY NW-ZX700
Jan 22, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #136 of 2,742
Jan 22, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #137 of 2,742
Has anyone used this Buyee (japanese proxy for shopping) for orders to the EU? Seems super convenient but I wonder if I'll have to pay the import duties & taxes when the parcel arrives in Poland :/
I live in the US and got it directly through a seller using eBay. But with that I got the option to add 2 years end to end warranty which to me is important when I feel I am paying a lot for something as I’ll never ever get over it if it broke and I paid several thousands for a brick.

Jan 22, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #140 of 2,742
I wonder if this can be used as a transport to an external DAC (Schiit DAC)

The ZX-500 and A-105 could, so hopefully there is no change there.

Jan 22, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #141 of 2,742
Has anyone used this Buyee (japanese proxy for shopping) for orders to the EU? Seems super convenient but I wonder if I'll have to pay the import duties & taxes when the parcel arrives in Poland :/
I've used it several times. It's reliable but be prepared to pay VAT + import taxes for sure.

I'm also in Europe and I had to pay these every time they forwarded me stuff.

Jan 22, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #142 of 2,742
Ahh, thanks. with 23% VAT in PL it doesn't makes sense... unless I want it right now :triportsad:

Maybe we'll see it in EU somewhere in Q1/ early Q2... or in the States.

Jan 22, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #143 of 2,742
Ahh, thanks. with 23% VAT in PL it doesn't makes sense... unless I want it right now :triportsad:

Maybe we'll see it in EU somewhere in Q1/ early Q2... or in the States.
Yea it’s worth a flight somewhere as the saving almost makes up for it

Jan 23, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #144 of 2,742
So I checked the prices around EU and the UK for the ZX500 series on Sony websites, it's around 800-850 EUR (VAT incl).
In JP the ZX707 is around 735 EUR (VAT incl).

I doubt the ZX700 will land in EU below the current/ launching zx500 price.
HTS for import is 8519.81, meaning 0 duty however VAT still applies (which for us is... a lot, 23% in my country, even the EU's lowest is 17%..).
This would bring the price to ~950 EUR for JP imported. Not that bad, given that it comes with *cough* uncapped volume.

Solutions:
Any e-shop + parcel forwarder (Buyee & Co): most probably double VAT (JP 10% + your state's tax), you have to deal with customs together with DHL/ FedEx/ etc (some handling fees, FedEx I see is around 15 EUR)
Amazon: Single VAT (your state's VAT), meaning that you won't pay the JP 10%, only the destination VAT/tax. Amazon handles the export/ import (DDP incoterms), you'll pick up the parcel hassle free.
Fly (to JP): hard sell, flight prices from the EU have skyrocketed since 2020... I'll be there in Q4, but I doubt I'll wait that long.

Best solution I see now is to wait for Amazon to list it as international shipping, as we won't pay the 10% JP VAT and we'll be left only with our VAT. Also, they do all import under DDP so it's completely hassle free (vs working with DHL/ FedEx or eww EMS/ Post which will req paperwork and stuff). This would cost, with 23% VAT incl, around 870 EUR :D

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #145 of 2,742
So I checked the prices around EU and the UK for the ZX500 series on Sony websites, it's around 800-850 EUR (VAT incl).
In JP the ZX707 is around 735 EUR (VAT incl).

I doubt the ZX700 will land in EU below the current/ launching zx500 price.
HTS for import is 8519.81, meaning 0 duty however VAT still applies (which for us is... a lot, 23% in my country, even the EU's lowest is 17%..).
This would bring the price to ~950 EUR for JP imported. Not that bad, given that it comes with *cough* uncapped volume.

Solutions:
Any e-shop + parcel forwarder (Buyee & Co): most probably double VAT (JP 10% + your state's tax), you have to deal with customs together with DHL/ FedEx/ etc (some handling fees, FedEx I see is around 15 EUR)
Amazon: Single VAT (your state's VAT), meaning that you won't pay the JP 10%, only the destination VAT/tax. Amazon handles the export/ import (DDP incoterms), you'll pick up the parcel hassle free.
Fly (to JP): hard sell, flight prices from the EU have skyrocketed since 2020... I'll be there in Q4, but I doubt I'll wait that long.

Best solution I see now is to wait for Amazon to list it as international shipping, as we won't pay the 10% JP VAT and we'll be left only with our VAT. Also, they do all import under DDP so it's completely hassle free (vs working with DHL/ FedEx or eww EMS/ Post which will req paperwork and stuff). This would cost, with 23% VAT incl, around 870 EUR :D
If you buy the WM1ZM2 in Japan, you safe as much money as the flight ticket costs.

So you're basically getting the flight for free^^

Jan 24, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #147 of 2,742
Does anyone know if this sounds better than the wm1a? May sell it to purchase this one if it sounds better...
Im on the same boat
But i dont think it will sounded better than Wm1A
As long as it can be 80-90% as good as Wm1A then im sold !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back