SONY NW-ZX700
Jan 24, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #151 of 2,824
So I checked the prices around EU and the UK for the ZX500 series on Sony websites, it's around 800-850 EUR (VAT incl).
In JP the ZX707 is around 735 EUR (VAT incl).

I doubt the ZX700 will land in EU below the current/ launching zx500 price.
HTS for import is 8519.81, meaning 0 duty however VAT still applies (which for us is... a lot, 23% in my country, even the EU's lowest is 17%..).
This would bring the price to ~950 EUR for JP imported. Not that bad, given that it comes with *cough* uncapped volume.

Solutions:
Any e-shop + parcel forwarder (Buyee & Co): most probably double VAT (JP 10% + your state's tax), you have to deal with customs together with DHL/ FedEx/ etc (some handling fees, FedEx I see is around 15 EUR)
Amazon: Single VAT (your state's VAT), meaning that you won't pay the JP 10%, only the destination VAT/tax. Amazon handles the export/ import (DDP incoterms), you'll pick up the parcel hassle free.
Fly (to JP): hard sell, flight prices from the EU have skyrocketed since 2020... I'll be there in Q4, but I doubt I'll wait that long.

Best solution I see now is to wait for Amazon to list it as international shipping, as we won't pay the 10% JP VAT and we'll be left only with our VAT. Also, they do all import under DDP so it's completely hassle free (vs working with DHL/ FedEx or eww EMS/ Post which will req paperwork and stuff). This would cost, with 23% VAT incl, around 870 EUR :D
Last year, NW1AM2 went on sale at Amazon JP for international sales 2 weeks before release date. For maybe 1-2 days. I was lucky to grab one (bundled with case) and also being delivered. People complained here that they had their offers canceled. Then nothing. Now there is nothing with NW707, short before release date and they are already being sold at Ebay at +25% JP listed price. I guess just JP sold. I grabbed one in belief it is sold out already. Just an advice :) Hope I am wrong for everybody else waiting.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #158 of 2,824
Interesting:
Can you declare my package as a gift on the invoice?
Yes, with the exception of small packet shipments.

On the Charge 2 payment page, you will have the option to declare your package as a gift, without any change in cost. Once you complete your Charge 2 payment, you will no longer be able to modify or change this selection.

* When marking your package as a gift, we cannot guarantee that your package will be able to pass Customs without any issues.
* Packages delivered to Japanese addresses cannot be declared as gifts.

What if I combine this + 3-4 clothing articles :L3000:

Edit: I ordered it too from FJ... 10% discount isn't bad at all, that'd reduce the VAT to 13% on landing. Probably I won't be able to skip customs fees even as "gift", cos apparently gifts qualifies only for below 25 EUR in value...

edit2: I also added a Pikachu pillow :L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #159 of 2,824
I will be testing the ZX700 on 30. January at e-earphone. They have an used WM1A on sale, i will compare the two
Greatly appreciated 🙏🏼
And if possible please try them both with ier z1r
Im happy with my Wm1A + ier z1r combo
But wanted to change the Wm1A to zx707 just for the streaming capability
Only if the sound will be similar

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #160 of 2,824
Interesting:
Can you declare my package as a gift on the invoice?
Yes, with the exception of small packet shipments.

On the Charge 2 payment page, you will have the option to declare your package as a gift, without any change in cost. Once you complete your Charge 2 payment, you will no longer be able to modify or change this selection.

* When marking your package as a gift, we cannot guarantee that your package will be able to pass Customs without any issues.
* Packages delivered to Japanese addresses cannot be declared as gifts.

What if I combine this + 3-4 clothing articles :L3000:

Edit: I ordered it too from FJ... 10% discount isn't bad at all, that'd reduce the VAT to 13% on landing. Probably I won't be able to skip customs fees even as "gift", cos apparently gifts qualifies only for below 25 EUR in value...

edit2: I also added a Pikachu pillow :L3000:
In Germany gifts still need to be covered with customs. As soon as it arrives in Fromjapan warehouse depending on the shipping company reducing the value would be a better approach.
I am also thinking on ordering something in addition but don't really need anything :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #161 of 2,824
I am interested in the new ZX, as some other people have said before, as an alternate way of updating my WM1A (which I absolutely love and will definitely keep) without having to go down the WM1AM2 route, which strays into a rarified budgetary territory for me. If it's 80% of M2, I will be more than satisfied. With the speculated price (international price), I may even get a A306 foronee of my children who's interested in having a DAP (and not using the phone for music).

Jan 26, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #162 of 2,824
Wonder if this ZX 707 is better than my current Fiio M11 plus ESS.
Thinking of grabbing it and sell my M11 plus ESS for use with my Z1R

Jan 26, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #163 of 2,824
Wonder if this ZX 707 is better than my current Fiio M11 plus ESS.
Thinking of grabbing it and sell my M11 plus ESS for use with my Z1R
Currently having a WM1AM2 and having had the M11, my immediate reaction is yes.

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #164 of 2,824
Currently having a WM1AM2 and having had the M11, my immediate reaction is yes.
The M11 plus not normal M11 not M11 pro not M11s
The M11 plus is different variants that almost twice the price of normal M11 and sounded different too
(Just double check in case you're mistaken because Fiio is confusing us with many variants of them)

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #165 of 2,824
The M11 plus not normal M11 not M11 pro not M11s
The M11 plus is different variants that almost twice the price of normal M11 and sounded different too
(Just double check in case you're mistaken because Fiio is confusing us with many variants of them)
Yes, first M11. I had 3 Fiio's and only device I've really liked from them and still use today is a BTR5 over its 2.5mm balanced. Didn't bothered with any more Fiio DAP's after the M11. My DAP route recently has been A107, ZX507, Hiby R5GII, WM1AM2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back