SONY NW-ZX500
Jul 31, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #4,261 of 8,642
Jul 31, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #4,266 of 8,642
Does not work on the ZX500/7
Yes, have it from my ZX300 days and it doesn't work with ZX507 or A105. Stupid really as it works fine with my Android phone.

One of the minor annoyances for me. ZX507 doesn't see it via BT to make a connection.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #4,267 of 8,642
Does not work on the ZX500/7
Yes, have it from my ZX300 days and it doesn't work with ZX507 or A105. Stupid really as it works fine with my Android phone.

One of the minor annoyances for me. ZX507 doesn't see it via BT to make a connection.

Damn. But thanks for the heads up on that. My dreams of using any kind remote have faded. I think this is a bit of an oversight from Sony for such a hi-end player.

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #4,268 of 8,642
Damn. But thanks for the heads up on that. My dreams of using any kind remote have faded. I think this is a bit of an oversight from Sony for such a hi-end player.
Yes because the little remote itself is great! As I say, worked with my V30+ and now with my S10+.

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #4,269 of 8,642
from what i can tell, the 507 doesnt use the appropriate play/pause/skip functions as android uses, at least not in the default walkman app. My media player widgets dont work with the Walkman app but work fine with streaming and third party player apps.

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #4,270 of 8,642
So I went out and bought a BT remote control (Satechi brand) just for kicks. It works fine on my PC, Samsung Galaxy S10e, iPhone, and the A&K Kann Cube. The ZX507 finds it, pairs with it, but wont connect after that. WHY??? :frowning2:

Why is Sony messing with basic functionality like this and the universal media playback commands?

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #4,272 of 8,642
I live in Sweden and I have found it brand new at a promotion in Germany, so I quickly jumped and bought it. I was chasing this DAP for long time for a decent price, as in Sweden you can buy it from Dustin Home with 900EUR, approximatively, while in other EU countries is being sold with around 650-700EUR.

I need to buy a case for it. Is there anything that you can recommend, particularly? I am not fan of AliExpress purchases or cheap plastic alternatives and I would prefer to get the original Sony case CKL-NWZX500. In Sweden this case doesn't have any accessory recommended - very strange!

From where have you bought your case in Europe? Or is it any eBay seller that you can recommend me to buy from? Which are all the cases available for this product and worth the money?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #4,273 of 8,642
People have posted a few different cases from different brands and sellers. Haven't come across anyone complain about any of them. I personally have the Miter one. Very snug, and has a magnetic doo daad on the back that holds the device up nicely while listening. I don't think you'd have trouble with whatever you choose

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #4,274 of 8,642
I can highly recommend Final E3000 with zx500. It is dirt cheap compared to other IEMs, but won't let the price fool you.
In my humble and personal opinion the E3000 beats even the IER-M9 (which is my most expensive IEM).
No other IEM gives me the level of realism that the E3000 provides.
I'm comparing the E3000 with my other IEMs here: link
Previously, I listened to E3000 on my M11 pro, but now that has changed with the new 2.1 firmware. Now, the ZX500 with DSEE HX enabled is next level, (almost TA-ZH1ES level) and a heavenly combination with the E3000.
I tried the E3000 today.

It has a good warm sound with a very enjoyable mid bass energy. The bass has great impact and grunt, definitely the strength of this iem. The bass stays well controlled for the most part, but it does get overloaded if you push it to the limit.

Soundstage on the small side, it has width but I can't hear much height.

Mids is clean and smooth, vocals sound intimate and free from sibilance. I think its quite flat across the spectrum with not much peaking, which is a good thing.

However I do not feel it is as clear as the IER-M9 in the treble, lacking the airiness. It has a darker veil, kinda like HD600 veil. Which ultimately affected E3000 overall resolution. There is a lack of bite in the cymbals. it's imaging on the hazier side, definitely not comparable to the precise M9.

Sound Isolation is average at best, the M9 performs better in this area due to its housing material and shape.

Overall I would think the E3000 is really over performing for it's price but it's not at IER-M9 level of sound quality.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #4,275 of 8,642
Upsampled for the two analog outputs of the zx507 S-Master HX chip.
hi!
can u tell me when should I turn on/off upsampling?
should I turn it off when dsd is played?
...— when 96/24 + pcm is played?
does it effect on dsd?
how does it effect soundstage etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back