SONY NW-ZX500
Feb 24, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #2,177 of 8,642
It's fine for me most of the time. The only time I have issue with the screen size is when I have to type something to search for songs or album I want.

Yeah I do that a lot..... Hmmmmmmm

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #2,178 of 8,642
Yep I went for it. $720 after tax for silver. First Sony player...

Been waiting for a special since the beginning! Finaly got a neet deal 700 shipped!

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #2,179 of 8,642
Got a display piece for 500 here in Japan! Yay! :)

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #2,180 of 8,642
I just have watched this video and was quiet surprised the guy saying that high resolution tidal master and amazon hd actually works only when you use usb audio out?

Is that true?
At 4:18 he mentions about the usb full high res output

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #2,181 of 8,642
when trying usb audio out, my issue with it in using streaming is that regardless of bit rate, its all upsampled to 96khz, i dont know why, tried posting it here but got no reply. The only time the sony transfers usb audio out in native bitrate is when using the stock music player and the uapp (tidal). Even apple music which is i think oml;y 44 or 48khz gets upsampled to 96khz

Feb 25, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #2,182 of 8,642
Got a display piece for 500 here in Japan! Yay! :)

The Oriolus MK2 is a great match for the ZX500. I use a Black Dragon iem cable terminated to 4.4mm with my MK2 and the results have been outstanding from the balanced output of the 500

Feb 25, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #2,183 of 8,642
The Oriolus MK2 is a great match for the ZX500. I use a Black Dragon iem cable terminated to 4.4mm with my MK2 and the results have been outstanding from the balanced output of the 500

Yes, I am exited! Decided to get this one instead of Hifiman R2R2000 red, though the latter fascinated me. But the software support for streaming (via High Res BT) seemed so buggy and the Sony seems to be way more versatile. Of course I also really liked the sound. Will receive it next week...

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #2,184 of 8,642
I just have watched this video and was quiet surprised the guy saying that high resolution tidal master and amazon hd actually works only when you use usb audio out?

Is that true?
At 4:18 he mentions about the usb full high res output

I like his review and in the comments I have asked him to confirm what he sees on his Mojo via USB. IMHO it should be 96k for Tidal and a fixed 192k for Amazon Music HD. Lets see what he says.

Meanwhile Can Anyone else do a usb out test please?

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #2,185 of 8,642
You may also ask him if he has spotify/apple music and if that upsamples to 96khz on mojo... that’s what happens in my test, all streaming apps are upsampled to 96khz... test was done on a chord mojo and the wm1a (on usb/dav mode)

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #2,186 of 8,642
I'm having some pretty bad standby battery drain lately even when wifi is off airplane mode enabled and no application running in the backround. The battery was 100% before I went to sleep, 6 hours later when I woke up, the battery on 91%... :frowning2: not happy

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #2,187 of 8,642
M9 really needs 4.4mm to shine with the zx507. It brings out the soundstage magic. Balanced also makes M9 sound more quicker in transients response.

On another note:

@Whitigir

The Japanese driver is using an expensive audiophile Sony car audio head unit that supports LDAC and has ESS Sabre DAC:

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/rsx-gs9/specifications
M9 really needs 4.4mm to shine with the zx507. It brings out the soundstage magic. Balanced also makes M9 sound more quicker in transients response.

On another note:

@Whitigir

The Japanese driver is using an expensive audiophile Sony car audio head unit that supports LDAC and has ESS Sabre DAC:

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/rsx-gs9/specifications
I just tried the Final Audio B3 on the Balanced port and to my ears the 3.5 port sounds warmer than the 4.4 port. Is this normal? I still have a few hours (prolly 100 hrs maybe more) before I reach the 200 mark. I was also inside the store and they were playing music , if you have been to any Japanese electric store you will know what I’m referring to.

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #2,188 of 8,642

On another note:

@Whitigir

Just tried the Finalaudio

On another note:

@Whitigir

I just tried the Final Audio B3 on the Balanced port and to my ears the 3.5 port sounds warmer than the 4.4 port. Is this normal? I still have a few hours (prolly 100 hrs maybe more) before I reach the 200 mark. I was also inside the store and they were playing music , if you have been to any Japanese electric store you will know what I’m referring to.

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #2,189 of 8,642
It's fine for me most of the time. The only time I have issue with the screen size is when I have to type something to search for songs or album I want.
Easy to solve the small keyboard issue by adding the "1C Keyboard" app in the playstore.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #2,190 of 8,642
You may also ask him if he has spotify/apple music and if that upsamples to 96khz on mojo... that’s what happens in my test, all streaming apps are upsampled to 96khz... test was done on a chord mojo and the wm1a (on usb/dav mode)

Therefore (Simplisticaly) if Amazon Music HD measureS out at 96k On the Mojo its not the real deal because it outputs 192k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back