Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 26, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #12,002 of 12,862
Zx300 still worth to buy in 2021? Currently im using A55, I want to upgrade it
If you have large library of music, want good battery life and don’t want streaming then Yes. However personally I would go with DAP that supports streaming.

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #12,003 of 12,862
If you have large library of music, want good battery life and don’t want streaming then Yes. However personally I would go with DAP that supports streaming.

My opinion is that the Bluetooth Receiver function is very good for streaming purposes.

When you are outside, streaming DAPs don't have mobile data available, so you would need to share Wi-Fi from your smartphone, for example.

I used the BT receiver many times to stream music from my smartphone to my WM1A, and all was perfectly ok.

I wouldn't trade battery life for streaming capabilities to be honest.

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #12,004 of 12,862
Just bought a NW-ZX300 from a guy here, arriving some time after new year most likely. Are planning a little ahead now by now looking to futureproof the storage by upgrading it with a sd card. Wonder a little bit about the different types of format it supports.
Micro SD
Micro SDHC
Micro SDX
Any differnce in performace between the formats? One specific brand or series to avoid? Or just buy the cheapest? Understand that Sandisk often is recommended, thoughts? Looking for a 512GB.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #12,005 of 12,862
thank you guys for the reply

Imo yes, balanced 4.4 with Sony sound signature and great battery life
yeah, balanced 4.4 will be my new experience! this is what im happy about A55, the battery life is something that I can't miss for a music player.

yes, I have so many music in my iTunes library because I like to make collection even it is just digital
actually in Indonesia you cant streaming everywhere, not every area has a good signal. I know the reason why Im interest upgrade to zx300 but I just want to make sure this player will still worth to buy in 2021.

Dec 28, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #12,006 of 12,862
Just bought a NW-ZX300 from a guy here, arriving some time after new year most likely. Are planning a little ahead now by now looking to futureproof the storage by upgrading it with a sd card. Wonder a little bit about the different types of format it supports.
Micro SD
Micro SDHC
Micro SDX
Any differnce in performace between the formats? One specific brand or series to avoid? Or just buy the cheapest? Understand that Sandisk often is recommended, thoughts? Looking for a 512GB.

The suffix doesn't matter because they just refer to modifications to the SD standard that allow higher capacity cards to be produced. Any reputable brand (SanDisk, Lexar, Toshiba, Kingston) at the cheapest price will do.

Dec 28, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #12,007 of 12,862
Micro SD
Micro SDHC
Micro SDX
Recommend Sandisk Extreme Pro if the price is close, or a little more. There are different quality/grade cards.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-sony-nw-zx500.914486/post-16061083

Dec 28, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #12,008 of 12,862
Hows this player compared to midrange chifi players like dx160, n3 pro, m11?

Better UI, better battery life, more pocketable size, no faffing about with Android, and unless you're looking for that tube sound which only the N3 Pro can provide, it sounds excellent to my ears.

Dec 28, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #12,010 of 12,862
yeah, balanced 4.4 will be my new experience! this is what im happy about A55, the battery life is something that I can't miss for a music player.

Do note that the ZX300 does not have the kind of battery life that the A55 boasts. It's not bad by any means, but listening to a mixture of 16/44 and high-res FLACs for 7-9 hours with maybe an hour of Bluetooth receiver usage (over the course of a workday and commute) means that I'm charging my ZX300 nightly. On the other hand, I could have gotten away with charging my A55 every couple of days.

The ZX300 is an upgrade in every other way and sounds absolutely fantastic though :)

Dec 28, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #12,011 of 12,862
Do note that the ZX300 does not have the kind of battery life that the A55 boasts. It's not bad by any means, but listening to a mixture of 16/44 and high-res FLACs for 7-9 hours with maybe an hour of Bluetooth receiver usage (over the course of a workday and commute) means that I'm charging my ZX300 nightly. On the other hand, I could have gotten away with charging my A55 every couple of days.

The ZX300 is an upgrade in every other way and sounds absolutely fantastic though :)
It's ok for me to sacrifice some hours for more power. And my file collection only iTunes, so I have no worry about battery consumption
Then maybe I will spend money for the new one because I really want this for my daily portable music.

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #12,012 of 12,862
Hello, friends

I bought a ZX300 from a friend. I am very happy with its excellent sound, I usually use high volume and the battery only lasts me about 4 & 5 hours. I'm looking for a manual to be able to change the Sony ZX300 battery on the internet, but I can't find any information. Do you know any information to be able to disassemble the ZX300 and change the battery with certain success guarantees?

Thank you very much

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #12,013 of 12,862
Hello, friends

I bought a ZX300 from a friend. I am very happy with its excellent sound, I usually use high volume and the battery only lasts me about 4 & 5 hours. I'm looking for a manual to be able to change the Sony ZX300 battery on the internet, but I can't find any information. Do you know any information to be able to disassemble the ZX300 and change the battery with certain success guarantees?

Thank you very much

Hey, sent you a message.

Regarding sound quality, I recommend checking this out: https://www.mrwalkman.ml/p/dmp-300-fe.html

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #12,014 of 12,862
Hi. Got my player just now, and want to try out the bluetooth function with my WH-1000XM3's. But I dont get my device to show up. Anything I'm doing wrong? Cause you can use wireless headphones I assume, not just bluetooth speakers`?

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #12,015 of 12,862
Hi. Got my player just now, and want to try out the bluetooth function with my WH-1000XM3's. But I dont get my device to show up. Anything I'm doing wrong? Cause you can use wireless headphones I assume, not just bluetooth speakers`?
You can certainly use Bluetooth headphones.
I'm not sure why someone would buy this device and use Bluetooth however. Why spend so much money on a high quality device with incredible sound quality and then futz it up with a Bluetooth connection? No offense intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back