Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 20, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #11,747 of 12,862
I hope the update that provides WM1a level or near level is happening. Also, as a Mac user, whatever the issue was downloading the firmware.

Can’t wait to see ...

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #11,750 of 12,862
All I can say, you wouldn’t imagine what’s coming, I’m quite happy. Though, stay posted

Are you doing beta testing?

Sep 24, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #11,753 of 12,862
Sep 24, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #11,755 of 12,862
At least some hints on what to expect? :grin:

Well, more than a hint - expect a sound signature which will resemble the one of the WM1Z, and the one of the DMP-Z1. There will be two separate installers for each of the two.

@AlexCBSN tried at least the DMP-Z1 sound signature. He could share more details about the sound, as I don't actually own the ZX300.

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #11,756 of 12,862
Well, more than a hint - expect a sound signature which will resemble the one of the WM1Z, and the one of the DMP-Z1. There will be two separate installers for each of the two.

@AlexCBSN tried at least the DMP-Z1 sound signature. He could share more details about the sound, as I don't actually own the ZX300.

Wow! Great news. Will the issue of downloading the firmware to a Mac also be addressed?

Thank you, Mr Walkman, for all your effort in providing us owners such a wonderful gift, good karma! 😂

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #11,757 of 12,862
Wow! Great news. Will the issue of downloading the firmware to a Mac also be addressed?

Only if @Lookout57 wishes to further Look into it :)

Thank you, Mr Walkman, for all your effort in providing us owners such a wonderful gift, good karma! 😂

No problemo, music is something important for some of us, and if I can do something to improve the experience, then why not :)

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #11,758 of 12,862

i really wanted to keep it as much of a secret as i could, truth is: new firmware scales things to another level, soundstage becomes 3d, almost like being in a helmet where all the instruments surround you, details are clear and mighty impressive with their smoothness, with dmp bass becomes something else, i feel this reverb in tracks where the lows are mixed with scrutiny (The Ocean Collective last years album, Ulver's Flowers of Evil and AOJC, Metallica's Load adn Reload (i love those 2), Pain of Salvation Panther with its impressive mix) and vocals became so ... man! you have the dude inside your head singing, stage is intimate but it has this extension... i was talking with a friend about it, this chip has been sony's flagship for years (almost 6 or 7 years if im correct?) and the potential that it has... they just put it in anything and can achieve colossal results, if mr walkman keeps going, we might have one of the best architectures in audio in front of us waitint to be exploited

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 24, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #11,759 of 12,862
Talking about improvements, I would love to see the same playback-screen of the Signature walkmans on the zx300 one day. Instantly an overview of the file type, bit rates, hi-res when it's on play (& usb out).

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #11,760 of 12,862
Talking about improvements, I would love to see the same playback-screen of the Signature walkmans on the zx300 one day. Instantly an overview of the file type, bit rates, hi-res when it's on play (& usb out).

I have an idea, and will see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back