Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 24, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #11,761 of 12,862
Sep 26, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #11,762 of 12,862
Wow...stumbled upon this thread after a long time and got to know about all the Firmware update that we can do to tailor the sound of this already fantastic DAP. No wonder Sony DAPs are so popular. I'm loving the Combo of JVC and ZX300. Eq is fantastic and battery life is second to only my cowon J3.
Too bad I'm not able to apply these firmware update as I have a Mac currently and I can't open google Docs or connect anything in USB of my Office laptop which has windows 10.
I will wait till I visit my brother and update the firmware.
Thanks @MrWalkman for all the work and making it so simple for us to update the sound of our walkman.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #11,763 of 12,862
Wow...stumbled upon this thread after a long time and got to know about all the Firmware update that we can do to tailor the sound of this already fantastic DAP. No wonder Sony DAPs are so popular. I'm loving the Combo of JVC and ZX300. Eq is fantastic and battery life is second to only my cowon J3.
Too bad I'm not able to apply these firmware update as I have a Mac currently and I can't open google Docs or connect anything in USB of my Office laptop which has windows 10.
I will wait till I visit my brother and update the firmware.
Thanks @MrWalkman for all the work and making it so simple for us to update the sound of our walkman.

I also use mac and ever since the first version of this firmware came out I immediately tried it out. Just use Parallel software and the process should be a breeze for you. Rewarding experience when you finally try listening to it.

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #11,764 of 12,862
i really wanted to keep it as much of a secret as i could, truth is: new firmware scales things to another level, soundstage becomes 3d, almost like being in a helmet where all the instruments surround you, details are clear and mighty impressive with their smoothness, with dmp bass becomes something else, i feel this reverb in tracks where the lows are mixed with scrutiny (The Ocean Collective last years album, Ulver's Flowers of Evil and AOJC, Metallica's Load adn Reload (i love those 2), Pain of Salvation Panther with its impressive mix) and vocals became so ... man! you have the dude inside your head singing, stage is intimate but it has this extension... i was talking with a friend about it, this chip has been sony's flagship for years (almost 6 or 7 years if im correct?) and the potential that it has... they just put it in anything and can achieve colossal results, if mr walkman keeps going, we might have one of the best architectures in audio in front of us waitint to be exploited
Wow, you make me very curious now, especially since your musical taste seems to be pretty in line with mine. :metal: (you should definitely try The Ocean's last album: Phanerozoic II Mesozoic I Cenozoic :k701smile: )

Let's hope @MrWalkman releases his new firmware soon (in the meantime running and really enjoying the ZX300/A+ mod)

Sep 27, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #11,765 of 12,862
Wow, you make me very curious now, especially since your musical taste seems to be pretty in line with mine. :metal: (you should definitely try The Ocean's last album: Phanerozoic II Mesozoic I Cenozoic :k701smile: )

Let's hope @MrWalkman releases his new firmware soon (in the meantime running and really enjoying the ZX300/A+ mod)
Phanerozoic II is the album of the year, along with flowers of evil. City burials is mighty close

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #11,766 of 12,862
I just got hold of a windows machine but I'm no longer able to locate the link of the firmware. Can anyone please help me find it.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #11,767 of 12,862
I just got hold of a windows machine but I'm no longer able to locate the link of the firmware. Can anyone please help me find it.

Due to some recent events, current (and future) firmware mods will be available shortly on my blog.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #11,768 of 12,862
Due to some recent events, current (and future) firmware mods will be available shortly on my blog.
Oh ok I was not aware of it...I hope your blog is up and running as soon as possible. I'm eagerly waiting for it and all the best for future mods.

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #11,769 of 12,862
Phanerozoic II is the album of the year, along with flowers of evil. City burials is mighty close
Although Flowers Of Evil is a good album, I rate City Burials definitely higher and there's even more albums above Flowers Of Evil in my Top-10, but that's a matter of detailed taste of course. Anyway: back on topic now and anxiously awaiting release of @MrWalkman's new blog... :L3000:

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #11,770 of 12,862
Could you share an update on current status and progress of your blog and the new ZX300 firmware mod; looking forward to it...

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #11,771 of 12,862
Could you share an update on current status and progress of your blog and the new ZX300 firmware mod; looking forward to it...

It's just work in progress. It should arrive today or tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back