Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 11, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #10,561 of 12,862
Is anyone else getting the clicking noise playing flac that you usually get playing dsf files? Not sure if I just never noticed it before, because it’s not as bad as when playing dsf, but Im still noticing the clicking/crackle every now and then on any file I play.
Latest firmware here, can't say i've noticed it and i made the transition to mostly FLAC like 6 months ago (i used mostly mp3 before). I've listened to some recorded audio tracks for mixing too, so i guess i would have noticed the clicks.

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #10,562 of 12,862
Hmmm I wonder what the issue might be with mine? Does everyone get the clicking/cracking when playing dsf or just some people? I’m also sure the clicking when adjusting the volume has gotten worse too.

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #10,563 of 12,862
I get that crackle with dsf - I keep thinking I'm listening to a vinyl rip

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #10,564 of 12,862
Is anyone else getting the clicking noise playing flac that you usually get playing dsf files? Not sure if I just never noticed it before, because it’s not as bad as when playing dsf, but Im still noticing the clicking/crackle every now and then on any file I play.

No clicking whatsoever with any files. Tried on FLAC 192kHz @ 24 bits and DSD 5644 kbps.

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #10,566 of 12,862
I've been struggling with balanced vs single ended. It's hard to do a proper test.. and by the time you switch to single ended and plug in an adapter or whatever, is your memory even going to be reliable enough to remember the subtle differences?

I broke a connector on my balanced cable and am using my Anole vx from the unbalanced end and it doesn't feel like I'm missing anything at all.

I like the balanced end because it has a sturdier connection and I have right angled connectors on my cables so it's easier to keep them in my pocket without breaking something... But I can't say I've really heard a sound quality difference.. Especially with iems. Full headphones do sound better because they require more power.. But you can't even properly drive full headphones from the zx300, so this debate is kinda stupid

I use also an adapter to convert balances output to se output but there is too much hiss. Is this happening also to you? Shouldnt it be as quiet as the simple jack output;;

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #10,568 of 12,862
Strange. I get just clicking with DSD DSF file’s in between tracks, but not with any other files. Maybe it’s headphone/iem sensitivity?...

I use Shure SE846 and HD650 they both click when changing volume, changing dsf tracks and just while playing any flac or dsf but more noisy with dsf.

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #10,570 of 12,862
Strange. I get just clicking with DSD DSF file’s in between tracks, but not with any other files. Maybe it’s headphone/iem sensitivity?...
transition between different frequencies produces those click, which is normal, try reading through the thread, it has been mention in this thread and the 1A and 1Z thread.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #10,571 of 12,862
I use also an adapter to convert balances output to se output but there is too much hiss. Is this happening also to you? Shouldnt it be as quiet as the simple jack output;;
Are you using a unbalanced headphone in the balanced socket.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #10,572 of 12,862
No clicking whatsoever with any files. Tried on FLAC 192kHz @ 24 bits and DSD 5644 kbps.

Do your Walkmans click when adjusting volume?

Have you tried going into settings and turning off ‘click’?...

Where is click under settings? I can’t imagine they’d have a setting like that which ruins your audio quality.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #10,574 of 12,862
it beeps when you press the hardware key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back