Sony NW-ZX300
Aug 6, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #10,307 of 12,862
As Lookout57 said, it's just drag and drop into the Music folder on the ZX. Easy as.

I bought a black ZX300 about a year ago, and I love it as much today as the day I got it.
The form factor of the ZX300 is perfect for me. I own the 1Z but that thing is hardly portable despite noticeably better sound quality. I tried out the M11 in Thailand and didn’t think it was better than the ZX300 driving my JH13PRO .

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #10,309 of 12,862
What Sony IEM’S [balanced] are a good pairing with ZX300?

Under 800 dollar price please.

Kind of a huge gap right now in their line from IER-M7 at $800 down to the next step. I think your money is probably best spent elsewhere as I thought the IER-M7 was overpriced for what it delivered. For me, something that has a slightly warm tilt is a good pairing with the 300 as it tends to be a bit clinical and cold. I like the Ibasso IT04 with mine or the EE Bravado both of which should be in your price range.

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #10,310 of 12,862
What Sony IEM’S [balanced] are a good pairing with ZX300?

Under 800 dollar price please.

If you're lucky, you can snag the IER-M9 for around that price. I got mine for $1099 AUD (~$750 USD) just a few months ago.

Honestly though, the balanced is kinda a gimmick for most IEMs. Most IEMs don't have a need double the amount of juice compared to SE. However, the jack is so solid-feeling, I love it!

As for pairing, just EQ the thing if you really think it's cold/clinical/warm/hot/etc.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #10,311 of 12,862
Kind of a huge gap right now in their line from IER-M7 at $800 down to the next step. I think your money is probably best spent elsewhere as I thought the IER-M7 was overpriced for what it delivered. For me, something that has a slightly warm tilt is a good pairing with the 300 as it tends to be a bit clinical and cold. I like the Ibasso IT04 with mine or the EE Bravado both of which should be in your price range.
I heartily agree with the Bravado choice. It's remarkable with the ZX300 and comes standard with a free balanced cable if you choose so at checkout. From prog rock to drum & bass, everything sounds impressive.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_618.jpg

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #10,312 of 12,862
Has anyone here used both the N3 and M7 with the ZX300? It's probably obvious the the M7 is better but how do the two compare? I'm considering getting one or the other to compliment this DAP and I'm not sure which I should get. I'll be spending $600 if I get the M7 and $400 if I get the N3, by the way

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #10,314 of 12,862
Has anyone here used both the N3 and M7 with the ZX300? It's probably obvious the the M7 is better but how do the two compare? I'm considering getting one or the other to compliment this DAP and I'm not sure which I should get. I'll be spending $600 if I get the M7 and $400 if I get the N3, by the way
I haven't tried the N3 for a long time to make a comparison, but I was looking at the M7 to replace my Z5 - the M7 was a really nice fit and sounded good, but as decent as the bass is, I think I am accustomed to a hybrid and prefer dynamic bass. There is a lot of appreciation for the N3 with an upgrade cable, some prefer it to the ex-flagship Z5. I feel that Sony has come in with quite high pricing for these 3 recent releases, I'm not saying that they aren't value for money, but the price difference between the N3 and M7 may not equal the difference in enjoyment.
I sold my XBA-Z5 because they were a nightmare fit for my ears and found a worthy replacement, but I am keeping an eye out for a cheap secondhand N3 as a everyday secondary iem - I've always enjoyed the classic Sony dynamic sound.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #10,315 of 12,862
It's been a while. Got a hundred pages for backread. Meanwhile, here are my recent favorite pairings with my zx300. The SE output does perform really well, even with the 60 ohm KSC75.

Sony MH755 MMCX mod

Koss KSC75 MMCX mod with KPP PortaPro headband
Did you get your Sony MH755 MMCX mod from the guy selling them on here? They are on my list as a low priced everyday iem (I'm over protective of my main iems).

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #10,317 of 12,862
I haven't tried the N3 for a long time to make a comparison, but I was looking at the M7 to replace my Z5 - the M7 was a really nice fit and sounded good, but as decent as the bass is, I think I am accustomed to a hybrid and prefer dynamic bass. There is a lot of appreciation for the N3 with an upgrade cable, some prefer it to the ex-flagship Z5. I feel that Sony has come in with quite high pricing for these 3 recent releases, I'm not saying that they aren't value for money, but the price difference between the N3 and M7 may not equal the difference in enjoyment.
I sold my XBA-Z5 because they were a nightmare fit for my ears and found a worthy replacement, but I am keeping an eye out for a cheap secondhand N3 as a everyday secondary iem - I've always enjoyed the classic Sony dynamic sound.

Hi, I am selling my Sony N3.
Please contact me if you are interested!

kalo86

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #10,318 of 12,862
Hi guys,I have Audiotechnica ATH-IM01, armature and balanced earphones,I am use 3.5mm input,never used as a Balanced in my ZX 300.This earphones I bought in Japan,and manual on Japanese language however.Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #10,319 of 12,862
Is there any way playing spotify on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back