Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 21, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #8,356 of 12,862
could someone confirm is there any differences between japanes and non japanese model or not? dont remember where, i've read about non gold (kimber) conection and cheaper capacitors in circuitry?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #8,358 of 12,862
could someone confirm is there any differences between japanes and non japanese model or not? dont remember where, i've read about non gold (kimber) conection and cheaper capacitors in circuitry?

Oh really? I hadn't heard about those bonus things! I would be interested if that's true!

One thing I did hear though is that the Japanese version will not let you change the language (or at least, not to English).
I don't know it this is true or not? Perhaps someone else with knowledge can confirm/deny? :)

Of course, if you can read enough Japanese for this not to be an issue, then no problem :wink:

Dec 21, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #8,360 of 12,862
I still have the same old lag in DAC mode, not really any noticeable lag in receiver mode using LDAC though.
Did you change anything else to achieve no lag in DAC mode?

with new firmware 2.01 , zx300 has more premium sound . player is more quickly and finally no lag via USB DAC. really appreciate that! . damn that's great Sony!

Dec 21, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #8,362 of 12,862
Oh really? I hadn't heard about those bonus things! I would be interested if that's true!

One thing I did hear though is that the Japanese version will not let you change the language (or at least, not to English).
I don't know it this is true or not? Perhaps someone else with knowledge can confirm/deny? :)

Of course, if you can read enough Japanese for this not to be an issue, then no problem :wink:

Bought it in Japan and with Rockbox you can easily switch the language. Stock version can’t do it thought, that is correct.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #8,364 of 12,862
Sometimes I'll use a custom rom on my tablet, and with the recovery tools etc it is pretty rare to brick it these days - I am always a little concerned with walkman updates, especially the most recent one as the cat was hanging around

Dec 21, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #8,365 of 12,862
I have both, and since picking up the ZX300, my WM1A has been sitting on the shelf.
I know people always like to perceive a noticeable difference in sound to justify price difference, but between these two, negligible.
Do you still believe this to be true?

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #8,366 of 12,862
Do you still believe this to be true?

I've long since sold the WM1A; don't miss it one bit.
Paired with the balanced Kimber cabled N3, the ZX300 is just sheer portable bliss.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #8,367 of 12,862
I've long since sold the WM1A; don't miss it one bit.
Paired with the balanced Kimber cabled N3, the ZX300 is just sheer portable bliss.
Cool. Thank you. I have NW-ZX300, and am looking to upgrade. I'll skip the WM1A and go straight for the WM1Z.
Will still be using the ZX300 for portable use.
Thanks for answering back.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #8,368 of 12,862
Cool. Thank you. I have NW-ZX300, and am looking to upgrade. I'll skip the WM1A and go straight for the WM1Z.
Will still be using the ZX300 for portable use.
Thanks for answering back.
Bro! Keep that ZX300 as your main DAP and spend that WM1Z money on the Sony desktop amp/DAC! Forget the name but you know which one, the awesome one with the gold outputs along the front.

Dec 21, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #8,369 of 12,862
Bro! Keep that ZX300 as your main DAP and spend that WM1Z money on the Sony desktop amp/DAC! Forget the name but you know which one, the awesome one with the gold outputs along the front.
Most of my listening is done on the move. It wouldn't make sense for me to get a desktop setup. Maybe a tube amp, portable.
I'll check out the sony desktop setup though.
Thanks for the input, always open to new ideas :)

Dec 21, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #8,370 of 12,862
Most of my listening is done on the move. It wouldn't make sense for me to get a desktop setup. Maybe a tube amp, portable.
I'll check out the sony desktop setup though.
Thanks for the input, always open to new ideas :)
I also prefer portable! Even at home..but dammit I'm really itching to get a desktop combo amp/DAC. I'm debating on which body parts I could sell (or lend out) to buy that Sony. It's supposed to be really good. I'm afraid I'd buy it and not be able to tell a difference between it and my ZX300 lol. Surely that wouldn't be the case but I still worry about these things. I've never had a desktop amp or DAC. Closest thing I have is my Creative ZxR soundcard which is great as far as soundcards go but..ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back