Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 21, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #6,271 of 12,862
I actually have this case, it doesn't look as big as it does on me compared with the photos as it is really just a tiny bit taller than the Walkman itself so you can picture it (just grab your WM1 and put it on your waist). I think they just have a really small model. :D

Ok we can go with that :) Maybe the model is a hobbit? The shire folk likes to get down with some Zepp now and then!

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #6,276 of 12,862
Just bought Zx300, sorry to ask a noob question, how to burn this to 200 hours. Can I plug in the power source and play music? I just don't want to waste the battery to burn. Tks
You can plug it in and play but that's way more battery degrading than playing it normally as you would while listening. And you're not really wasting the battery, just depleting it. Also consider turning on the battery care option.

Apr 22, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #6,278 of 12,862
You can plug it in and play but that's way more battery degrading than playing it normally as you would while listening. And you're not really wasting the battery, just depleting it. Also consider turning on the battery care option.
Oh I never even considered the battery! Had my 300A charging and playing for about 4 days now so too late to change I’ll do some searching/googling to see what damage I may have caused.

Apr 22, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #6,279 of 12,862
As with any battery powered device that requires charging, battery will always degrade no matter what you do.

Yeah, unavoidable. Also, I should mention that the ZX300 has a built-in battery saving option that allows you to ensure you can never charge it past 90%. I'd tick this option in the settings if you were going to do an extended burn-in exercise, as it will protect your battery a bit more in the long run.

Gotta protect that beauty! :)

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #6,280 of 12,862
I've watched it countless times (and also John Carpenter's The Thing).
I own it in VHS, 3 different DVD editions and Blu-Ray :D

Yes The Thing is just badass, That and Big trouble in little China are like classics to me, Kurt Russel just worked so well in the Carpenter classics. Just like National Lampoons Cristmas vacation I can and do watch them over and over.

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #6,281 of 12,862
Oh I never even considered the battery! Had my 300A charging and playing for about 4 days now so too late to change I’ll do some searching/googling to see what damage I may have caused.

I think with the voltage regulator and the type of non memory battery it has you haven't done any damage. It's only going to 'top off' charge whilst plugged in and not use anymore battery life. Or I should say extra battery life.

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #6,283 of 12,862
Thanks thats a relief!

Yes older type batteries handled memory different where a partial charge could count as a whole charge cycle. Newer ones don't, they don't overcycle and you get your full charge cycles out of them no matter when you charge it. Plus the charging circuits and voltage regulators are far more efficient. So in theory the battery is in a 'ready' state while your hooked up to external juice. Plainly said your cycle, partial cycle losses while hooked up to a power source is almost non existent with this type of cell.

Assuming that the battery is a lithium poly, which I'm 99.9% sure it is.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #6,285 of 12,862
Just got my case and 4.4mm adaptor and case for my zx300.
Got a Fidue 4.4mm to 2.5mm adaptor ($50USD) from Penonaudio but probably would have bought the Fiio BL44 ($19) instead (wasn't available when I bought it), but I do like the build quality of the Fidue
Case is a Miter case I bought on ebay, my $40USD best offer was accepted
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Son...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMAG1055.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back