Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 30, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #4,232 of 12,862
My first sony, how do I get to root directory? Do I need to label the sd cards "Music" ? I appreciate the help but I don't understand. Do I have to have the zx300 connected to a computer?
If you open your SD card on the computer, the music needs to be in a folder called Music on the SD card. The root directory means just the first thing you see when you open the SD card.

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #4,234 of 12,862
My first sony, how do I get to root directory? Do I need to label the sd cards "Music" ? I appreciate the help but I don't understand. Do I have to have the zx300 connected to a computer?
Just create a folder called Music after you access the mSD card and put all your music in that folder. Dont rename the sd card or anything like that.

EDIT: Sorry @Bepli i didn't see your comment. :)

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #4,239 of 12,862
Indeed, it's called the placebo effect.
Not sure placebo is the best description; placebos are usually non active substances given as treatment in order to fool somebody in to using their own cognitive ability to cure themselves... and there is scientific evidence is does work to a degree.

However I'm fairly sure "psychoacoustics" also studies "auditory illusions" and "hypersonic effects".

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #4,241 of 12,862
I have the OEM case, it's a really snug fit (and the quality feels great). I wouldn't worry about any damage to the silver model but the black one has a fairly sensitive coating. There's a soft lining on the inside of the case that extends to the parts that hold on to the housing of the zx300. The case doesn't really strike me as the type to be taken on and off frequently. Here's some pics...
XE0qvw2.jpg

92ZjQ91.jpg

Just noticed the Aristocrats on your ZX300, had to bump this, excellent taste my friend. :)

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #4,242 of 12,862
Wayyy back in the thread it was discussed in a video with Sato-san saying there was... to what degree is up for debate I'd say.

I can say the black one sounds pretty damn good, I wouldn't let this info sway your colour choice- get the colour you like! I mean Any colour you like :)

Although I heard the new purple really sounds the best :wink:

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #4,244 of 12,862
If i was a mod i'd stop you for making fun of such a sexy DAP... But im not :)
I am reminded of Pink Floyd

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #4,245 of 12,862
If i was a mod i'd stop you for making fun of such a sexy DAP... But im not :)
I am reminded of Pink Floyd

Ha ha yes that indeed was a Floyd reference. Have a cigar, dear boy :wink: I still don't think any album 'flows' and has more continuity than dsotm, it never gets stale, that was some brilliant people on good drugs!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back