Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 16, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #3,931 of 12,862
I just went to a Sony showroom in Japan to get some wm-port/stereo input plugs to keep dust out when not in use, and I enquired about a 3.5mm male - 4.4mm female adapter so I don't have to swap mmcx cables. I know Sony don't make an adapter (yet?) but was curious what they say - they showed me the Musashino one they had in a cupboard and directed me to the nearest Yodobashi Camera (electronics) store. I'll probably end up getting that one for convenience.
Plugs is only available in the Sony repair service centre.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #3,932 of 12,862
I did ask the team at Joybuy, here is the exact response; "Dear customer, this is Chinese version. Thank you"
Glad I held off
If you did understand what I said, I did mention it is a China only model, this was said from the beginning and the answers wasn't even correct, if you are to give up with a reply just like that, just forget about the ZX300A version, and just get one from your country, or the US version.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #3,934 of 12,862
Plugs is only available in the Sony repair service centre.
Luckily they had a service centre upstairs.
¥65 for the 3.5mm
¥105 for the wm-port
Ha! that's got to be the cheapest purchase you can make at the Sony shop

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #3,935 of 12,862
A question to anyone who has the Musashino rubbery case that comes with the screen protector: how do you find that screen protector? Is it better to get a standard one instead?
A general question: do the matte protectors degrade the screen much, or do the regular ones create glare?

Try to read a few pages back. Or use the search button :)

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #3,936 of 12,862
Luckily they had a service centre upstairs.
¥65 for the 3.5mm
¥105 for the wm-port
Ha! that's got to be the cheapest purchase you can make at the Sony shop
Yep, I I was so upset in losing a 4.4mm plug during my visit, and I was having my ZX2 on repair, so I just asked, got 3 4.4mm, 3 3.5mm, 1 wm port since I already have 2 pieces out of the box, and a wm port plug for the ZX2. The best purchase I made I Japan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #3,937 of 12,862
Yep, I I was so upset in losing a 4.4mm plug during my visit, and I was having my ZX2 on repair, so I just asked, got 3 4.4mm, 3 3.5mm, 1 wm port since I already have 2 pieces out of the box, and a wm port plug for the ZX2. The best purchase I made I Japan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
They had to order some in, I pick them up next week - silly me, I never thought to get spares

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #3,938 of 12,862
I just went to a Sony showroom in Japan to get some wm-port/stereo input plugs to keep dust out when not in use, and I enquired about a 3.5mm male - 4.4mm female adapter so I don't have to swap mmcx cables. I know Sony don't make an adapter (yet?) but was curious what they say - they showed me the Musashino one they had in a cupboard and directed me to the nearest Yodobashi Camera (electronics) store. I'll probably end up getting that one for convenience.
I have the exact one, probably the best looking one, but at a price, but I wish they could make the 4.4 socket area smaller.

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #3,939 of 12,862
They had to order some in, I pick them up next week - silly me, I never thought to get spares
It was available for me next day, but I went back a few days after as I need to collect my ZX2, one thing you should know about the repair center, if you are in a hurry, you can request to have them available earlier, they say my ZX2 need about a 2 week at least to finish, I requested a early collection, it was done in 6days as they also need to send it off. Sony japan actual told me about early collect when I emailed than about my ZX2 repair, this was over 7months before I visited Japan.

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #3,941 of 12,862
If you see the original ones from Sony, you will understand why I went for it, in China benks also have the 3plugs sold as a set, although quality is consider good, it doesn't come close to the Sony supplied ones. Most people will say it's just a plug, and does what it suppose to do no matter what brand, but I want the best there is and what is available.:)

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #3,942 of 12,862
I have the exact one, probably the best looking one, but at a price, but I wish they could make the 4.4 socket area smaller.
Yep, it's quite big

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #3,943 of 12,862
upload_2018-1-16_17-27-41.png

A screenshot of the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back