Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 21, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #2,959 of 12,862
I really love my ZX300 over balanced but still amazed my Dragonfly Red over standard 3.5mm SE sounds better (to my ears). Even though it doesn't do Native DSD I still enjoy them more via DFR or maybe its down to how good UAPP app is on Android. Tidal Masters on PC also sounds better with it being MQA capable.

The finish on the Silver ZX300 is beautiful. So fine a "peened" surface that it looks almost pearlescent !!

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,960 of 12,862
I really love my ZX300 over balanced but still amazed my Dragonfly Red over standard 3.5mm SE sounds better (to my ears). Even though it doesn't do Native DSD I still enjoy them more via DFR or maybe its down to how good UAPP app is on Android. Tidal Masters on PC also sounds better with it being MQA capable.

The finish on the Silver ZX300 is beautiful. So fine a "peened" surface that it looks almost pearlescent !!

Here is something to think about. Zx300 circuitry can be cramped inside a laptop just fine :wink:

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #2,962 of 12,862
Man, after staying on this thread for a while, one (well ,me) gets the feeling that many people have the zx300. It's easy to forget, visiting here, that this is a rather rare device.

I had the same reaction when I started following this thread a couple of weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if post volume spikes when the zx300 is released in the US. Still not here!

Nov 22, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #2,970 of 12,862
Can't really decide which balanced cable to choose between the Null-Audio LUNE MKIV and the Onso one. Prices with shipping fees are the same (+/- 100€)

NullAudio Lune Cable.jpg

Onso cable.jpg

The Null-Audio seems more heavy than the Onso but the cable will pass behind my ears.
So, if the Onso is too lightweight, I think that it will not perfectly fall straight because there aren't any metal sleeved guides.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back