Sony NW-ZX300
Jul 31, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #10,261 of 12,862
Another option to "fix" your album artwork is to download Sony Music Center for PC, load up all of your music onto it, go into the all songs tab, select all, and have it search for missing track info. Depending upon how much music you have, this will take hours to complete, but once it does, most, if not all of your files will have working album art. The program downloads and embeds album art for you that is compatible with the Sony DAP. Like I said, it takes hours but after doing it with my library, it correctly found and attached album art for at least 95% of my files. I hope this helps.

One of the recent updates to Music Center includes:
  • Added a function for acquiring information such as album names, song names and cover art in cases other than importing songs from a music CD
Crap! I just realized you are on a Mac... I'm not sure this program with work for you...

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #10,262 of 12,862
One of the recent updates to Music Center includes:
  • Added a function for acquiring information such as album names, song names and cover art in cases other than importing songs from a music CD
Crap! I just realized you are on a Mac... I'm not sure this program with work for you...
Unfortunately it's not available for Mac. But thanks for the suggestion.
I guess I'll try Meta then.

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #10,263 of 12,862
I use Metadatics on the Mac for tag and image editing. The only downside is $9.99.

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #10,265 of 12,862
I use Kid3 on my Mac... it’s freat for re-tagging and adding updated imagery.
I use Kid3 mainly for tag editing and Metadatics for bulk resizing of images from purchased hi-res music.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #10,266 of 12,862
No, trust me I NEED to get Sony. Brand loyalty or something. It's about the experience of having stuff that goes properly together for me.

I might even shell for one of those "For Premium Sound" SR-64HXA microSDs but hard to know if you're buying a fake since they're all through resellers now..
Then you will miss out on the ability to have larger microSD cards. I use a Samsung 512GB in my ZX300 and Sandisk 1TB in my 1A and 1Z.

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #10,269 of 12,862
Bring back inline remotes Sony!! People say there's a reduction in SQ but my MZ-RH1 had one and it sounded incredible. I'm sure Sony engineers could figure out appropriate shielding.

Then you will miss out on the ability to have larger microSD cards. I use a Samsung 512GB in my ZX300 and Sandisk 1TB in my 1A and 1Z.

Congratulations, do you like carrying around 4000 albums? How many do you seriously listen to in a week? I prefer to curate whats on my ZX300 and appreciate it fully, I doubt I'll ever want to have more than 100 albums on my walkman. A mix of FLAC and DSD. That will provide enough variety and interest for months to me. I'm actually used to carrying a pouch of 10 HiMD discs for a week, more than 100 albums is almost overwhelming to me, it's a symptom of the modern world I hate, My philosophy is always: MORE ABOUT LESS.. my main collection will be on my desk drive, and of course backed up on my shelf in physical format. I can change out what I'm listening to from time to time. I'm thinking more and more about just going with the internal memory, no hassles with population and you know there's no noise either.

I hate the 99% of the modern world but a ZX300 is an exception, it is admittedly the best sounding portable I've ever had, including DAT, Hi-MD and some fine sounding CD walkmans. And it is RELIABLE. Damn I hate DAT and its stupid mechanism.

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #10,271 of 12,862
Bring back inline remotes Sony!! People say there's a reduction in SQ but my MZ-RH1 had one and it sounded incredible. I'm sure Sony engineers could figure out appropriate shielding.

Congratulations, do you like carrying around 4000 albums? How many do you seriously listen to in a week? I prefer to curate whats on my ZX300 and appreciate it fully, I doubt I'll ever want to have more than 100 albums on my walkman. A mix of FLAC and DSD. That will provide enough variety and interest for months to me. I'm actually used to carrying a pouch of 10 HiMD discs for a week, more than 100 albums is almost overwhelming to me, it's a symptom of the modern world I hate, My philosophy is always: MORE ABOUT LESS.. my main collection will be on my desk drive, and of course backed up on my shelf in physical format. I can change out what I'm listening to from time to time. I'm thinking more and more about just going with the internal memory, no hassles with population and you know there's no noise either.

I hate the 99% of the modern world but a ZX300 is an exception, it is admittedly the best sounding portable I've ever had, including DAT, Hi-MD and some fine sounding CD walkmans. And it is RELIABLE. Damn I hate DAT and its stupid mechanism.

At one time in my life I only had 2 LPs. I played one over and over all day long. Then after a while I had 6 LPs. Those were the good old days. Lol.

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #10,272 of 12,862

I'm the opposite of you, I like having everything I own with me so I don't have to plan ahead or waste time copying music. So whenever I'm in the mood to listen to something it's available. To each his own.

My library has 1,037 albums, 10,948 tracks in a mix of FLAC 44.1/16 thru 192/24 and DSD. On the 1TB microSD I still have 260GB free and I don't need to use any of the internal storage which helps since Sony playlists can't span media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back