Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 15, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #526 of 12,862
i am in the uk if you order from amazon jp how do you ship to uk? i cant seem to sign in with my amazon uk details

You need to create an account on Amazon.jp
Amazon.jp have english website so registration should not be a problem

Then use forward service such as Tenso to do the shipping for you.

Or use buyee instead, expensive but the most easiest way

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #527 of 12,862
Stupidity is not the regulation, it's how Sony has implemented it.
No other brands was stupid enough by making it a cap instead of a warning.

If if you're looking for reasons for this kind of regulation, I kindly invite you to get some information regarding "social" healthcare systems in most of Europe (except the UK), and why such regulations become necessary when each individual pays for a "common pot" for healthcare coverage, because in this case I also pay for all the stupid people listening 100+ dB music in bars/concerts and in need for audio prothesis 20 years later (+ all smokers, + all people poisoning themselves with junk food...).

The situation is VERY different when you only pay for your own coverage, then you're actually free to do the most stupid things to your body because only YOU pay the consequences later.

I live half the time in the EU, so I actually know what I'm talking about.

Sure, if you think this "nanny state" based in Brussels is so wonderful, then for you, the rest of the world must strike you as pretty stupid.

If you don't like how Sony implemented this stupid regulation, well then, maybe you should consider getting a player from a different brand? Saves you the time and energy to remove the cap or have it imported from outside the EU, as well. Seriously, why bother? Maybe "warnings" interrupting your listening experience on a regular basis is more your thing? I don't know, just asking.

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #529 of 12,862
I just ordered a black ZX300A from Amazon China. I'm shipping it to a friend that lives in Shanghei. He will forward it to me EMS. Expected to ship in 5 days. Can't wait to check this out!

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #531 of 12,862
Is it already out in China?

Keep us posted! :)

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 16, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #533 of 12,862
Hmm, it says it'll arrive in 5 days, but it also says it's only "pre-ordered."
It's pre-ordered because Amazon does not have them in hand yet. They expect them in 5 days. Fortunately, Amazon is very good about shipping things promptly. I hope to have it in hand in 10 days.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #534 of 12,862
I find both colours nice (silver IS kinda elegant), but I realized why I instinctively prefer the black one!

The black one looks (almost) exactly like a miniature version of the ZX2! :D

But I bet the ZX300 sounds a lot better, considering it supports balanced output and its power...

Yes good point lol

I have both the A45 and ZX300 on preorder, I can't decide between the two.
i am in the uk if you order from amazon jp how do you ship to uk? i cant seem to sign in with my amazon uk details

You have to set up an account with them direct then put your UK address in.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #535 of 12,862
You need to create an account on Amazon.jp
Amazon.jp have english website so registration should not be a problem

Then use forward service such as Tenso to do the shipping for you.

Or use buyee instead, expensive but the most easiest way

No, they will ship direct to UK. (with import fees upfront)

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #536 of 12,862

The ZX300A is very good value at that price. 64gb version seems obsolete considering you could get the 16gb + 400gb micro SD for the same price.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #537 of 12,862
The ZX300A is very good value at that price. 64gb version seems obsolete considering you could get the 16gb + 400gb micro SD for the same price.

Sony being Sony again. Just release the 16 gig version at a "lower" cost and sell more. Anyway to the surprise of no one in particular, amazon uk have switched the release date from the 18th sept to "temporarily unavailable".

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #539 of 12,862
Sony being Sony again. Just release the 16 gig version at a "lower" cost and sell more. Anyway to the surprise of no one in particular, amazon uk have switched the release date from the 18th sept to "temporarily unavailable".

The perception of value works differently across cultures and brands. Just lowering prices doesn't mean you'll sell enough in extra volume to make up for the lost in profit.

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #540 of 12,862
Does anyone have any pics of ZX300 next to WM1A??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back