Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 11, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #3,811 of 12,862
How are you liking the case, now that you've had it for a spell? Is that a hard plastic type material or...?
I'm wondering if it's slippery or grippy?
  • Full armor case for NW-ZX 300 Covers all five sides that made use of the two materials of TPU and soft leather
  • It is a full armor case with a hybrid case + liquid crystal protective glass set. We will protect the NW - ZX 300 series from scratches.
  • Carbon fiber-like soft leather is applied to the rear of the hybrid case, plus a further high-class feeling on the NW - ZX 300 series.
  • The enclosed glass film protects the liquid crystal screen from scratches, can smoothly and smoothly operate, suppresses reflection / reflection of fluorescent lamps and sunlight, etc. Anti-reflection with fingerprints hard to remain It is glass.
I like the case so far and the TG that comes with it is nice too. It feels and looks like the original screen. I got it for 80 dollars.

Jan 11, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #3,812 of 12,862
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #3,813 of 12,862
Jan 11, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #3,814 of 12,862
I'll pray to the old gods and the new that Klipsch releases a balanced version of their X12 or X20. :) The comfort would suit your ears I'm sure.
Can you imagine they managed to patent their oval-shaped eartips lol?

I still have & use my Klipsch X10i but stopped using the oval tips years ago. I prefer the Weston Silicon StarTips which I use on the X10i & Se846's

51ekjZ6yaUL._SL1080_.jpg

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #3,815 of 12,862
man that's expensive. lol
do they ship overseas?

or do anyone know where to get a female 4.4mm jack? i'm thinking of making my own adaptor.
aliexpress

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #3,817 of 12,862
yeah, that's the only place i can find one.
can't find one from the usual brand like eidolic, furutech

man for a supposed standard it's suprisingly hand to find parts for it.
I found this on amazon:
HERE

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #3,818 of 12,862
yeah, that's the only place i can find one.
can't find one from the usual brand like eidolic, furutech

man for a supposed standard it's suprisingly hand to find parts for it.
Sony are hardly known for their well adopted standards. :)

I'm still trying to find an affordable easy purchasable 4.4mm socket to 2.5mm plug adapter plus aren't there differant pin outs on the 2.5mm 'standards'?

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #3,820 of 12,862
I'll pray to the old gods and the new that Klipsch releases a balanced version of their X12 or X20. :) The comfort would suit your ears I'm sure.
Can you imagine they managed to patent their oval-shaped eartips lol?

Yes that would be awesome! I'm thinking about trying westones, people say they are smaller than shures and comfy. I will buy from a place with easy returns, Amazon lol. Still thinking of picking up and old ie800, just don't want a fake.

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #3,821 of 12,862
Has anyone had a chance to do a sound comparison between this and the Cayin N5ii?

I will be doing that shortly, but Hawaii bad boy will Shirley do it before me. I'm just curious, I only heard n3 and that was pretty decent. Hopefully I can test both balanced, so I need to sort that out first. The Sony balanced really spread things out, but now I'm back to SE output and still sounds amazing. So far one person said the zx300 balanced sounded better and one person on the xba n3 thread said the cayin balanced sounded better so yeah. All subjective and personal tastes anyways, but I will try to describe what I hear.

Plus I dropped my ak70 in the toilet, yes I was listening when I was peeing, so I have no dap with a LO or tidal, which I find kind of cool even though I have more music cds than zI need. I currently have the ak70 in a bag of rice to try to dry it out.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #3,822 of 12,862

I'm still trying to find an affordable easy purchasable 4.4mm socket to 2.5mm plug adapter plus aren't there differant pin outs on the 2.5mm 'standards'?

Sony didn't make nor design the 4.4mm standard.

It's just the simple fact that the 4.4mm part is a niche audiophile product which currently has no other application so the manufacturers aren't jumping head over heals to mass produce them, unlike 2.5mm or 3.5mm or even XLR parts which are not limited to audiophile usage.

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #3,823 of 12,862
I found this on amazon:
HERE
looks like the one in aliexpress, seems like my best bet. i'll order it.

it's JEITA standard from early last year, but it's not "popular" yet

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #3,824 of 12,862
I still have & use my Klipsch X10i but stopped using the oval tips years ago. I prefer the Weston Silicon StarTips which I use on the X10i & Se846's

51ekjZ6yaUL._SL1080_.jpg
When ears disagree, they'll disagree. :) No 'one size fits all' with in-ear tips . The oval tips work very well for me, but I do notice they sit better in my ears when it's warmer outside.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #3,825 of 12,862
When ears disagree, they'll disagree. :) No 'one size fits all' with in-ear tips . The oval tips work very well for me, but I do notice they sit better in my ears when it's warmer outside.

Ha ha true, my problem isn't the tips, but The nozzles and the design. Both iems that are comfy for me have short nozzles and tiny barrel shaped bodies and are super light. I tried a chesp klipsch and it was super comfy but sounded dull, maybe x3 ? Anyways I will try the monitor shape again shures, westones as I was able to wear them before as long as the casing was smooth. Idk but thankfully the SE out of 300 still sounds tits!

I need to go to a head fi meet, to try some of these iems out, I can tell within minutes if they are going to bug me or not. Maybe London and I could write it off as research :wink: lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back