Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 8, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #3,743 of 12,862
Like I already said before, I believe the ZX300 is a good buy even if one's not (immediately) planning to use the balanced output. It's the same price as when the ZX100 got released and has better SE, better built, touchscreen. The balanced is convenient to have even if one is not planning on using it: you can not rule it out in the coming years. And when that time comes that one buys a headphone that comes with balanced connections, you will be glad you did . :)

I second this, the SE out is excellent in it's own right. If you don't need android the ZX300 is the one. Really fast UI, and that sublime matt screen- good for us OCD folks, or fidgety as it used to be called.

Stunningly gorgeous too.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #3,744 of 12,862
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/in-ear-headphones-earphones-ie-800-s-ceramic
I linked them to you. Also Sennheiser IEMs were never really great for the money.

Thanks Bepli, I didn't even know they had a new model. Shame about the price and reviews because they look even more comfy than the old ones. I borrowed my friends old style and they did sound fantastic. If I were going to spend that much I'd probably get the shure 846. But I'm not keen on shure fit or spending a grand on an iem.

I love the sound of the xba n3, but it still hurts my ears a bit. Don't know why it's not vey big. But my ue700 and sound magic ie80 are lighter and have a bit shorter nozzle. Hopefully I get used to the Sonys. Because balanced is better.

Wonder if the balanced cable from the ie800s would fit the original. Although after listening to the xba n3 I don't know if they would be an improvement in sound. The xba n3bp are impressive for the 319 dollar price at AJ, considering the vanilla n3 here in the US on amazon is 300 itself.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #3,745 of 12,862
Stunningly gorgeous too.

And better than average battery life :)

And I don't think Sony sends out review units for free like the Chinese companies do. There are already several 'pro' reviews on the new Cayin n5ii and it just came out. I see no English 'pro' reviews on the zx300 so that's my theory :)

Or it's not in vogue because it doesn't run flapjack or gummy bear or whatever.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #3,746 of 12,862
It works no problem, you just need a cable for it. Same as WM1A/Z or A30/A40, Sony daps work flawlessly with digital out, also you can change what way Dsd gets handled.

Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations for cables? The Mojo thread 3rd post only has 2 recommendations, and I'd hate to use the official sony one... I just want a short one with a WMport to micro usb. Thanks in advance!

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #3,747 of 12,862
Pretty decent OST. I still prefer the original though.

bladerunner_sacd.jpg

Not sure DSD adds much to the experience, but it's the best original I've found.

Jan 8, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #3,748 of 12,862
Well, fiio were going to release the L27, but I have no idea what happened. They sold a few units on their AE page and then ran out of stock and that's been the case for weeks. It's a mystery coz they made a big announcement and everything and then as if they manufactured 10 units in total and called it a day.

Jan 8, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #3,749 of 12,862
Wow they are only 499 on amazon.

"fulfilled by amazon" but look at seller before buying that... only 3 total ratings and of those only one is positive, another one specifically mentions fake ie800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back