Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #3,241 of 12,862
I got one from japan a few days ago, I find it quite useful, I'll probably pick up another one for spare, still have a few days left.
It'd better be useful at that price :beyersmile:
Really though, there's nothing in that little remote to justify the price. A super standard bluetooth transmitter, and a few control. And Sony made damn sure to exclude other remotes from being compatible :k701smile:

Still, I want it but I'm not paying the premium that Sony wants me to. Sony just sets the remote at that price point because they reason like this: people already bought a ZX300, WM-1A or WM-1Z , so all in all that price is just a small amount of the total package and they'll pay it for they've already paid enough money for a DAP. Lol, but I refuse to be a marketing exploitative human :)
The ZX300 is good value. The remote? At max 30 euros/35 dollars it could have been .

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #3,242 of 12,862
I got one from japan a few days ago, I find it quite useful, I'll probably pick up another one for spare, still have a few days left.
Hey, if somehow you discover that you don't need a spare when you've got it. Well, I'd be interested at half the price (on precondition that it's been handled with care) :)

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #3,243 of 12,862
Hello, can i ask any japanese headfier a favour? Im still not sure if i should buy this one, because few users claim here, that there is a 1 sec delay in pc dac mode, so it cannot be used with video and gaming on pc properly. There are no reviews in english and i cannot try this player anywhere in my city. I presume there is a lot of info on japanese speaking internet, so would anybody be that kind and confirm/deny if there is really a delay or any otehr problem when using it with videos and games on windows pc? thank you

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #3,244 of 12,862
Hello, can i ask any japanese headfier a favour? Im still not sure if i should buy this one, because few users claim here, that there is a 1 sec delay in pc dac mode, so it cannot be used with video and gaming on pc properly. There are no reviews in english and i cannot try this player anywhere in my city. I presume there is a lot of info on japanese speaking internet, so would anybody be that kind and confirm/deny if there is really a delay or any otehr problem when using it with videos and games on windows pc? thank you

Yes. There is a .......... Delay. :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,245 of 12,862
You know Sony, always making money, there is something special, only a few units supports it and the zx300 doesn't support other remote, that's exclusivity, that you can't get with others brand.:grimacing:

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #3,246 of 12,862
Just going to tell you this: if the DAC-mode for video and games is a must for you, then look further than the ZX300. It's a very nice little device, but clearly aimed at music. Look to Dragonfly, Mojo, or a Sony portable amp if you want a DAC that works with mulitmedia.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #3,248 of 12,862
Hey, if somehow you discover that you don't need a spare when you've got it. Well, I'd be interested at half the price (on precondition that it's been handled with care) :)
No la, I'm sure future wm players will also support the remote feature too.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #3,249 of 12,862
I'm considering the Um pro 30 myself I imagine I could pick up a balanced cable for pretty cheap? But I am looking for a smaller footprint iem and I think the xba nb3 look lighter and smaller than the pro 30's, but I've heard good things about them. My UE 700 and 900 are both broken, loved the fit of the 700, so believe it or not I'm using sound magic ie80 as they are really comfy. The 700 are out of warranty and Logitech will just give me credit on the 900.

Um Pro 30's feel a little bigger than W60 still comfortable though. Amazed how small the 60's are, like little broad beans.
Both sound good with the ZX300, but I prefer the Um Pro's, they're more 'up close and personal' if that makes sense?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #3,250 of 12,862
Unit is finally available on Amazon Prime US so I got mine a couple days ago. Early impression is that SE performance is better than the A35, better clarity and slightly bigger stage. Balance out is almost the same quality as the PHA-2A except not as powerful. running at 75/120 on volume vs 50% on HPA-2A. Using it as a DAC/Amp for PC sounds is easy, install the Sony driver. Tap on the unit's UI to change to DAC mode, Open Sony's Music Match and select audio output to ASIO and you're all set. As other have notice before. The audio will be out of sync on streaming videos but for Video playback on local files, quite a few program (VLC) have Audio Sync adjustments that can be used to get them back in sync. A +0.5 sec setting seems to sync well.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #3,251 of 12,862
Um Pro 30's feel a little bigger than W60 still comfortable though. Amazed how small the 60's are, like little broad beans.
Both sound good with the ZX300, but I prefer the Um Pro's, they're more 'up close and personal' if that makes sense?

Might have to check out the 60's then. Never used a westone before, always shures and UE.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #3,252 of 12,862
You know Sony, always making money, there is something special, only a few units supports it and the zx300 doesn't support other remote, that's exclusivity, that you can't get with others brand.:grimacing:
I wouldn't mind so much if all the extra $£Y had gone into making it not twice the size of generic BT remotes, maybe rechargable and a track title screen.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #3,253 of 12,862
I wouldn't mind so much if all the extra $£Y had gone into making it not twice the size of generic BT remotes, maybe rechargable and a track title screen.
It is expensive, there is no alternative, you either buy or not buy.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #3,254 of 12,862
Hey guys. Thank you for the GUI information. :)
A few days ago, I've ordered a 400 GB micro SD. So far so good. As next, the 300 will be mine.... but with every new model, I have a few weeks without device protection.... Maybe, I will buy the original Sony leather case, but it's very expensive here in Germany (via ebay).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back