Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 5, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #2,419 of 12,862
Probably about the same amount here. Is it me or is there already a noticeable improvement after 25hrs?
yep, after a few hrs, i've already noticed minor differences. Screen off is set for 1 minutes foor me, and auto power off is set to 12 hrs.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #2,420 of 12,862
After three and a half days, there's just one thing that I would have liked that this player does not have, but it's minor: automatic screen turn-off when you close the case. My e-reader has that and it's quite convenient.

I also wish you could wake up the screen by touching it, but that's a minor niggle and really no daps have that feature that I know of. As it is I'm not even using the case as I've just been using it at home. Mine is set to one minute off also :)

As far as sound I think it sounds better since I first listened to it- seems like the bass tightened up a bit and the treble is less sharp and the stage a touch wider, of course this could just be my imagination :wink: I think I probably have 30 hours on it? I've played it quite a bit since I've got it. That said I thought it sounded excellent out of the box, just maybe the treble was a bit peaky/hot just a bit.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #2,422 of 12,862
Has anyone used the power care setting, do I just charge normally, and the Zx300 battery indicator full, is considered to be 90% full in thoery.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,423 of 12,862
I also wish you could wake up the screen by touching it, but that's a minor niggle and really no daps have that feature that I know of. As it is I'm not even using the case as I've just been using it at home. Mine is set to one minute off also :)

As far as sound I think it sounds better since I first listened to it- seems like the bass tightened up a bit and the treble is less sharp and the stage a touch wider, of course this could just be my imagination :wink: I think I probably have 30 hours on it? I've played it quite a bit since I've got it. That said I thought it sounded excellent out of the box, just maybe the treble was a bit peaky/hot just a bit.
It's nice, isn't it, to hear your DAP improve? There's no hurry, as it indeed sounded fine out of the box. Love to just enjoy listening and every x hours it's getting a bit better :)

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #2,424 of 12,862
Has anyone used the power care setting, do I just charge normally, and the Zx300 battery indicator full, is considered to be 90% full in thoery.

I had Power care set from new and it still show full once charged so I'd say they reset full indicator to equate to 90%

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,425 of 12,862
I had Power care set from new and it still show full once charged so I'd say they reset full indicator to equate to 90%
I was just thinking whether the full charge just equals to 90℅, I just did a few playing from full to empty to build up the battery capacity, then turned on the battery case.

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #2,426 of 12,862
I've been lurking here for a while and have decided to buy a ZX300. Forgive me for going off-topic.

I'm in the US and am waiting to buy a ZX300 which will be my first Sony DAP. I already have the WH-1000X Mk II headphones I'm going to use with them when I travel. Being new to DAPs and Sony, I have some noob questions to ask while I wait for US availability. I also asked these on the Sony Community forum but this thread seems much more active.

1. When I travel my wife and I share audio output to two wired headphones using a splitter. Now that I have joined the 21st century and gone wireless, the splitter solution won't work. Is there any way to wirelessly connect two wireless headphones to one ZX300? It seems like Bluetooth is one host--one receiver only. I've searched for solutions to this but none that I have found seem very graceful or Hi-RES.

2. Can the Zx300 connect via LDAC to the 1000xM2s and at the same time drive a wired set of headphones through the analog audio out? Maybe one of you who has a ZX300 can test that for me. If this works it has some advantages. My wife can stay wired and have her own volume control and I can use the wireless set. She tends to listen at much lower levels than do I. She's happy with her wired Bose QC-15 anyway.

3. Is it reasonable to expect that Sony will add a search function at some point? How often do they do OS updates on Walkmen?

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,427 of 12,862
I've been lurking here for a while and have decided to buy a ZX300. Forgive me for going off-topic.

I'm in the US and am waiting to buy a ZX300 which will be my first Sony DAP. I already have the WH-1000X Mk II headphones I'm going to use with them when I travel. Being new to DAPs and Sony, I have some noob questions to ask while I wait for US availability. I also asked these on the Sony Community forum but this thread seems much more active.

1. When I travel my wife and I share audio output to two wired headphones using a splitter. Now that I have joined the 21st century and gone wireless, the splitter solution won't work. Is there any way to wirelessly connect two wireless headphones to one ZX300? It seems like Bluetooth is one host--one receiver only. I've searched for solutions to this but none that I have found seem very graceful or Hi-RES.

2. Can the Zx300 connect via LDAC to the 1000xM2s and at the same time drive a wired set of headphones through the analog audio out? Maybe one of you who has a ZX300 can test that for me. If this works it has some advantages. My wife can stay wired and have her own volume control and I can use the wireless set. She tends to listen at much lower levels than do I. She's happy with her wired Bose QC-15 anyway.

3. Is it reasonable to expect that Sony will add a search function at some point? How often do they do OS updates on Walkmen?

No you can't listen on BT and output on either of the headphone outputs at the same time.

Nov 5, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #2,429 of 12,862
Drat! They don't make it easy do they?

Thanks for responding. I guess I will remain wired for a while longer.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but my gut tells me that using a splitter will decrease audio quality. It'd be a shame to use that on a ZX300 if you ask me :)

Bluetooth is one-to-one protocol (for safety reasons I think, but not sure). Wireless technology that can stream to mulitple devices at the same time is by radio signals, like the Sennheiser RS series.
But that's not very portable, so :triportsad:
your best bet for a wireless two-person solution would be to buy a portable bluetooth speaker, but if you're travelling by plane that's not an option ofcourse.

Nov 5, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #2,430 of 12,862
Yes, I was looking for a airplane solution. I suspect that the neighbors would get upset when I took out my speakers and started blasting away.

Splitting doesn't affect audio quality on devices I have used thus far. It depends on the earphones but I am using powered earphones so the load on the audio output of the ZX300 would be essentially zero. If we were using a pair of difficult to drive passive phones it could be a problem as you suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back