SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #14,491 of 14,755
The sad things is that Sony doesn’t update Android OS for older Walkman. They release the source codes but it is unrelated specifically to anything useful ....lol. Then they release zx500 which is newer android

Will old Android somehow affect the process of listening to FLAC files?
Of course i understand that it is slower then newer Android version, but when i will adjust all settings i will only use a player app and maybe some EQ.
So is it matters from that perspective that the Android is old?
I even dont use Android OS in my daily life.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #14,492 of 14,755
Will old Android somehow affect the process of listening to FLAC files?
Of course i understand that it is slower then newer Android version, but when i will adjust all settings i will only use a player app and maybe some EQ.
So is it matters from that perspective that the Android is old?
I even dont use Android OS in my daily life.
FWIW: I still enjoy my old zx2. Yes it is slow, but it doesn’t matter when the music plays. As for apps, I use an old version of tidal, without a lot of features! But again, when the music plays....:gs1000smile: I have a 400 gb memory card with flac, dsd, aac etc. Again slow in loading, but wonderful sound. And battery life is still great

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #14,493 of 14,755
unless you need the tidal etc , you should upgrade to wm1a

definitely a step up (or 2)

Apr 17, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #14,495 of 14,755
Is sound quality on wm1a as good or better?

much better , i had zx2 for 2 years and liked it a lot , but once i got wm1a i never looked back - 3.500 hour later i am still enjoying wm1a as the 1st day (if not more)

plus there is a ton of new FWs that really elevate the sound from the offered stock FWs

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #14,496 of 14,755
unless you need the tidal etc , you should upgrade to wm1a

definitely a step up (or 2)
Many Thanks for your valuable feedback. However, I do use Tidal a lot. Have considered the zx507, but battery life seems very short compared with that of zx2......

May 9, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #14,498 of 14,755
Bought zx2 yesterday and I'm so in love with it. Excellent clarity and very musical, much better than my dx160. A bit laggy when it comes to loading music or streaming but not a big problem at all since the sound is everything I need.

And ofc a perfect match with Andromeda.

95930000_2747081902193917_4808540093478338560_n.jpg

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #14,501 of 14,755
Anybody having problems log in to Tidal?
Tried every version and all I get is "Login failed due to an unidentified network error. Please try again"
Yes, problem just started this last week. I am still looking for any way to run Qobuz on it ideally (through a server app or however), if anyone has figured that out. Old version of Tidal was working until this week (tho very laggy of course), will probably try to reload the app. You fix yours yet?

May 19, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #14,502 of 14,755
Yes, problem just started this last week. I am still looking for any way to run Qobuz on it ideally (through a server app or however), if anyone has figured that out. Old version of Tidal was working until this week (tho very laggy of course), will probably try to reload the app. You fix yours yet?

Not any solution yet. Tried cleaning cache, even resetting to factory and no luck. DNS, VPN also didn't work... Maybe they changed something in the login procedure that made old versions stopped working.

I'm moving to deezer hifi as qobuz is not avaliable in my country (but no HiFi in old android, just HQ) I'm really sad about it, since I chose the ZX2 just because of Tidal compatibility, now it's gone and I'm uploading FLAC files to DAP memory

May 19, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #14,503 of 14,755
Not any solution yet. Tried cleaning cache, even resetting to factory and no luck. DNS, VPN also didn't work... Maybe they changed something in the login procedure that made old versions stopped working.

I'm moving to deezer hifi as qobuz is not avaliable in my country (but no HiFi in old android, just HQ) I'm really sad about it, since I chose the ZX2 just because of Tidal compatibility, now it's gone and I'm uploading FLAC files to DAP memory
Sh^t, just realised I have the same problem. What has changed? This is a disaster....

May 19, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #14,504 of 14,755
Sh^t, just realised I have the same problem. What has changed? This is a disaster....
A little strange, I tried to visit tidal.com and login from my iPad, strangely I got a similar net work error, although it opened my iPad tidal app....

May 19, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #14,505 of 14,755
A little strange, I tried to visit tidal.com and login from my iPad, strangely I got a similar net work error, although it opened my iPad tidal app....
FWIW just wrote to Tidal about this. Will report back when/if I get an answer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back