SONY NW-ZX2
May 26, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #5,521 of 14,773
I suggest we can go back on topic of this very fine player 
wink.gif

May 26, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #5,522 of 14,773
I suggest we can back on topic of this very fine player :wink:
Agreed...

Am very intrigued re cap burn in, after about five hours sounded absolutely terrible (boomy overblown bass), but - at 10hrs sounds glorious, would love for it to stay this way...

Truly unsure whether it is in my head, placebo, or - if the player changes seemingly hour by hour until it settles down.

May 26, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #5,524 of 14,773
I have just got the EU ZX2 and I have been comparing it with the iPod Classic+ CLAS DB + ALO Rx MKIII B combo and I can immediately tell the ZX2 sounds better. ZX2 is smoother with great soundstage while the CLAS/Rx combo sounds a bit unrefined and bit edgy. I didn't have the right cable to use with my Miracles but with HD650 (ZX2 is near its volume limit) the ZX2 sounds phenomenal. Just wish it had more juice to drive bigger headphones. I am getting the Hugo this week as well so I will be able to do the comparison.

May 26, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #5,525 of 14,773
  I have just got the EU ZX2 and I have been comparing it with the iPod Classic+ CLAS DB + ALO Rx MKIII B combo and I can immediately tell the ZX2 sounds better. ZX2 is smoother with great soundstage while the CLAS/Rx combo sounds a bit unrefined and bit edgy. I didn't have the right cable to use with my Miracles but with HD650 (ZX2 is near its volume limit) the ZX2 sounds phenomenal. Just wish it had more juice to drive bigger headphones. I am getting the Hugo this week as well so I will be able to do the comparison.

I find the ZX2 sounds glorious with Noble K10 ciem without an amp (not as good with the amp) but for more difficult loads like the HD-650 (specifically I tried both HD-600 and HD-650) it sounds way better with the help of an amp (in my case a Ray Samuels Predator). Bass authority is lacking substantially otherwise.

May 26, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #5,526 of 14,773
This thing's scarily resolving... I was listening to John Williams's Return of the Jedi, and it's the first time I hear distinctly that there are three splices from different takes in the first track. I have like 8-10 hours on it only for now.

May 26, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #5,527 of 14,773
I try install file explorer (ES File Explorer) from play store. With file explorer I can copy or delete files on external sdcard
So the restriction only applied if we try to write files from outside of ZX2 (via wifi) to external sdcard
Anyone here that use Spotify or Tidal (or any streaming services that allow you to download songs for offline use), please try if you can download songs to ZX2 external sdcard. Thanks

I just installed ES File manager and was not able to delete files from external sd card. Are you sure you were nit deleting from sdcard0? Sdcard0 is internal card and sdcars1 is the external.

But, you can delete songs from external sd card using Sony music player, however.

May 26, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #5,528 of 14,773

I try install file explorer (ES File Explorer) from play store. With file explorer I can copy or delete files on external sdcard
So the restriction only applied if we try to write files from outside of ZX2 (via wifi) to external sdcard
Anyone here that use Spotify or Tidal (or any streaming services that allow you to download songs for offline use), please try if you can download songs to ZX2 external sdcard. Thanks

I just installed ES File manager and was not able to delete files from external sd card. Are you sure you were nit deleting from sdcard0? Sdcard0 is internal card and sdcars1 is the external.

I think you cannot delete files with third party app on android 4.2, can you confirm, my galaxy S4 mini can't delete.

May 26, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #5,530 of 14,773

But, you can delete songs from external sd card using Sony music player, however.

I try again, and yes I can delete files on sdcard1 (external)
But I can't create or copy files to sdcard1

May 27, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #5,531 of 14,773
Whether I receive condemnation or not, I do not mind, however have to say that the combination of 1p2 and ClearAudio+ is awesome... I really, no, REALLY like this :)

May 27, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #5,532 of 14,773
Whether I receive condemnation or not, I do not mind, however have to say that the combination of 1p2 and ClearAudio+ is awesome... I really, no, REALLY like this
smily_headphones1.gif

1p2?

I have mixed feelings about the ClearAudio technology. I like this dirty garage sound it creates, goes well together with rock and metal songs. I hope you know what I mean.

But it lacks some clarity and emphasises the bass far too much, which is a problem when you listen to other genres. I would turn it on every now and then, but I want to avoid the hassling of having to go into the settings everytime I switch artists or genres.

May 27, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #5,533 of 14,773
1p2 = Tralucent 1Plus2...

Don't get me wrong, not saying this is a reference sound but seeing that I'm always on the move, adds some excitement to the sound that the 1p2 lap up and beg for more :)

May 27, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #5,535 of 14,773
Are you guys using default stock music player with it or Poweramp? I just got my ZX2 an hour ago and so far I noticed the previous/next buttons didnt seem to work in poweramp, too bad because the lock screen and better UI is what I prefer!

Also what is the best screen protector on the market for it that is good against fingerprints?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back