SONY NW-ZX2
May 26, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #5,491 of 14,773
Strange you should mention that two days ago my player reached around 40 hrs I think and It sounded like the soundstage disappeared which was not the case earlier. hoping it will come back. Hate to cycle player through burn in process as I want to see sound change and stabilize.. Something to note I guess

Yeah, at first I really thought this player doesn't need to be run in, (because out of the box it sounded very good) but as it started to sound awkward like, and I actually started to panic a little, questioning my massive investment in this DAP.
But have faith, for the sound stage comes back with glory, becomes 3 dimensional, with the best bass delivery (controlled and powerful).
With TRRS the cream on the cake.

This DAP is the best experience musicly I've had on anything to date.

I love my ZX2.

May 26, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #5,492 of 14,773
Hello Fellow Headfiers

So I have stumble upon the ZX2 to upgrade from the iPod touch 5th gen. I do some research on it and here I am reading everyone post from the start. It is a lot of reading, halfway through the thread, I've pulled the trigger.

Now my ZX2 is a month old, though I use it for a week after it arrive and then the worse happen. The ZX2 won't charge, it won't turn on, try to charge via wall charger and also from my laptop and work desktop pc but to no avail I have declare my ZX2 having a bad battery. Contact my local Sony support but I buy mine from Amazon, the Japanese version due to its price; so no local warranty.

Waiting for about 2 weeks but still no phone call and so last week I've decide to send it back to Japan but limited Japanese knowledge to communicate, I'm having a hard time on how to send my ZX2 through a courier and whether to send to a friend in Japan or direct to Sony but the Sony Japan I think I need to clarify and let them know first regarding my ZX2. So I decide to try to charge it again for a full 6 hours after 2 weeks and then a miracle, my ZX2 is back, alive and well.

I didn't really count how much burn in I have done and I just listen to it everyday, accommodating to and from work which takes around 2 hours each day and then night listening around 1.5 hour and sunday 6 hours. Roughly around 54 hours I can say. I am into wireless listening and due to my laptop setup at home using the Astro A50 which is also wireless for gaming and music. My bluetooth headset is the Astro A38( I just love Astrogaming product) and also Senheisser PX BT210( can connect via bluetooth and also via wired when the battery is dead).

I am planning to buy a CIEM but not sure where to start yet but using it with the Aukey Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Receiver Music Streaming Adapter for making it wireless though this Aukey product didn't have the APTX but planning to try it anyway but connecting the CIEM to the ZX2, the sound should be good. Another APTX amp is the Soundblaster E5, strong enough to power the PX210BT when using it in wired mode. 

Now my ZX2 is still rocking, looking to hear all the rollercoaster changes it will experience until it break the 100hr mark, 150hr and the 250hr as recommended by many of you headfiers while taking care of not to repeat the bug which cause my ZX2 to rest for two weeks( I have been searching but didn't find anything regarding my situation)

May 26, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #5,493 of 14,773
Any news on comparing an EU ZX2 to a Japanese? I think all Europeans would be so glad if someone would/could compare those two directly regarding volume cap.

My ZX1 does show an annoying message once in a while about loudness and ear-health... I can click it away and go back to the former loudness so I am pretty sure there is no volume cap on the ZX1. I could happily live without that annoying message especially because it is accompanied by the player putting volume on a quite low setting on its own.

I would very much appreciate, if someone could comment with real facts on this. Speculations had been around quite a few. So I have to say I did NOT read every post. More like 70 % I guess.

I find it interesting, that Sony Germany has the player in and out off stock every so often. To me that means there are quite some owners in Germany and throughout Europe. I am still debating on ordering from Japan or Germany... So any helpful input would be... well helpful.

Ilkyway

May 26, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #5,494 of 14,773
  Any news on comparing an EU ZX2 to a Japanese? I think all Europeans would be so glad if someone would/could compare those two directly regarding volume cap.

My ZX1 does show an annoying message once in a while about loudness and ear-health... I can click it away and go back to the former loudness so I am pretty sure there is no volume cap on the ZX1. I could happily live without that annoying message especially because it is accompanied by the player putting volume on a quite low setting on its own.

I would very much appreciate, if someone could comment with real facts on this. Speculations had been around quite a few. So I have to say I did NOT read every post. More like 70 % I guess.

I find it interesting, that Sony Germany has the player in and out off stock every so often. To me that means there are quite some owners in Germany and throughout Europe. I am still debating on ordering from Japan or Germany... So any helpful input would be... well helpful.

Ilkyway

It's basically the same with the ZX2. A warning pops up every now and then similiar to the one on the ZX1. Unfortunately, nobody has compared the Japanese model with the European model yet. Why would anyone take the plunge and spend quiet a fortune on a second ZX2 just to find that out? 
wink.gif

Some here assume that both the ZX1 and ZX2 cannot have a volume cap as they do not come with stock headphones. Don't know if that's true, though. 

(Kleiner Tipp: Versuch es lieber bei amazon. Billiger und wahrscheinlich schnellere Lieferzeit.
wink.gif
)

May 26, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #5,495 of 14,773

It's basically the same with the ZX2. A warning pops up every now and then similiar to the one on the ZX1. Unfortunately, nobody has compared the Japanese model with the European model yet. Why would anyone take the plunge and spend quiet a fortune on a second ZX2 just to find that out? 
wink.gif

Some here assume that both the ZX1 and ZX2 cannot have a volume cap as they do not come with stock headphones. Don't know if that's true, though. 

(Kleiner Tipp: Versuch es lieber bei amazon. Billiger und wahrscheinlich schnellere Lieferzeit.
wink.gif
)

all will be revealed mid-June as Duncan & I are meeting up, he has EU-ZX2 and I have Japanese ZX1 & ZX2... as you rightly point out these DAP's come without headphones and no-ones complained about low volume, so one would assume there is no cap... the warning-message is probably protecting Sony against any legislation, hth.

May 26, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #5,496 of 14,773
I don't know it it's capped for EU, but I know that the EU version, with reasonably easy to drive cans (Denon MM400) is plenty loud enough... Louder would become uncomfortable not to mention dangerous.

May 26, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #5,497 of 14,773
Zaroff it is the occasional message with the invasive lowering the volume that annoys me. My ZX1 is plenty loud enough too... most of the time. But this message often comes in an inconvenient moment.

Ilkyway

May 26, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #5,498 of 14,773
all will be revealed mid-June as Duncan & I are meeting up, he has EU-ZX2 and I have Japanese ZX1 & ZX2... as you rightly point out these DAP's come without headphones and no-ones complained about low volume, so one would assume there is no cap... the warning-message is probably protecting Sony against any legislation, hth.
FWIW, I can say as a fact that the EU ZX2 is louder / more powerful / more authoritive (pick your preference of term, but all apply) than the EU X and Z players that were known to be crippled...

Will still be interesting to have the official A/B/A/B verdict though :)

May 26, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #5,501 of 14,773
Where did you order from? I haven't seen them anywhere

available in amazon.
$250 lol, I'd rather wait for a couple of months and watch it drop below $200..
wouldn't even pay more than $150 for this.

May 26, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #5,504 of 14,773
Perhaps if there's competition from Samsung et al. Otherwise, good luck...

Nothing to do with luck. It's Sandisk trend to drop their prices after a few months just like their 64gb and 128gb model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back