SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #2,056 of 14,773
Lol...remove the sticker and see for yourself ? It is too pretty a sticker for me to be removed.

There are many things I wonder here

1/ OsCON , POSCAP, both need to be burn in for better sound quality. Then does power consumptions, loads....etc other things can affect it ?

2/ does fully adjust EQ setting while burning in will create Digital memories as where your comports keep on using the same power and capacity after burn in ?

If they do..I think burn in with Sound Adjustment disabled = better as it by pass all software limitations, but raw hardware, it will futher increase the accuracy and full potential of the hardware in burn in ? I am not sure, but I will stick with this for the last 30 hours then :D and some more before I start playing with EQ

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #2,057 of 14,773
I've been wondering if anyone has released a new case for the ZX2 yet. So I went searching around.

I didn't really find anything that could be considered a true form-fitting plastic or leather case. But I did find a number of, uh...I guess you could call them carrying pouches for the ZX2 from Van Nuys.

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/fuwafuwa/index.html

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/muketsu_tate/index.html

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/yoko/index.html

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/zx2_pha3/index.html

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #2,058 of 14,773
@starfly
Will you be splurging on the ZX2 as well? :p

I'm still considering it. It's a lot of money to spend on a DAP, even for me. My last DAP purchase was a 120gb Ipod classic, which died last week. Used it for over 5-6 years and I do tend to use stuff until they die (with the exception of maybe smartphones). Heck, my last IEM was a Shure SE530 until the cable broke, had that for over 5 years as well. Replaced it with a custom JH13Pro (currently on its third refit tour, dammit!). So if I do go for the ZX2, I'll be able to spread out the cost over a longer time period.

But I really like the battery life rating (the most important criteria for DAP in my opinion. If it doesn't have a long battery life it's not really portable) and the 128GB storage + microSD. My FLAC collection is just a little over 200GB at the moment, with most of it in Redbook format. I also have all of it mirrored in MP3 320 CBR. I plan on doing a double blind test with myself to really see if I can hear the difference between FLAC and MP3 320. If not, I'll just use MP3 on the DAP to have even more storage space. Another thing is UI, and Android has that covered as I use an Android phone myself so am very familiar with the UI.

Otherwise, so far the reviews are promising, but my experience on Head-Fi has also been that initially new products seem to be overhyped during the honeymoon period (when people have just gotten it) and then things settle down a bit. I'm not in a hurry and am meanwhile using my smartphone for listening to music on the go. I hope to get more balanced impressions/reviews from people later in March. Expect to be making a decision around that same time.

And also, I just want to buy it in the US. If you buy it from Japan, you have to deal with warranty through Sony Japan, and that's way too much of a hassle for me. And I don't like pre-ordering stuff, and through the Sony.com website you have to pay sales tax, which is another $90.

So right now it's between the ZX2 or the A17, as these are the only DAPS currently out on the market that have a good battery life. Everything else seems to have 12 hours or less, which just doesn't cut it in my book. And anything else that's supposed to launch later this year also doesn't have great battery life so I don't have to wait for that. Some people are hoping Apple might release a high-end DAP, but I hate the iTunes eco-system so not waiting for that either.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #2,059 of 14,773
I've been wondering if anyone has released a new case for the ZX2 yet. So I went searching around.

I didn't really find anything that could be considered a true form-fitting plastic or leather case. But I did find a number of, uh...I guess you could call them carrying pouches for the ZX2 from Van Nuys.

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/fuwafuwa/index.html

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/muketsu_tate/index.html

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/yoko/index.html

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_sony_walkman_zx2/zx2_pha3/index.html

Just wait a bit and Dignis will release a nice leather case similar to the ZX1.

I'm still considering it. It's a lot of money to spend on a DAP, even for me. My last DAP purchase was a 120gb Ipod classic, which died last week. Used it for over 5-6 years and I do tend to use stuff until they die (with the exception of maybe smartphones). Heck, my last IEM was a Shure SE530 until the cable broke, had that for over 5 years as well. Replaced it with a custom JH13Pro (currently on its third refit tour, dammit!). So if I do go for the ZX2, I'll be able to spread out the cost over a longer time period.

But I really like the battery life rating (the most important criteria for DAP in my opinion. If it doesn't have a long battery life it's not really portable) and the 128GB storage + microSD. My FLAC collection is just a little over 200GB at the moment, with most of it in Redbook format. I also have all of it mirrored in MP3 320 CBR. I plan on doing a double blind test with myself to really see if I can hear the difference between FLAC and MP3 320. If not, I'll just use MP3 on the DAP to have even more storage space. Another thing is UI, and Android has that covered as I use an Android phone myself so am very familiar with the UI.

Otherwise, so far the reviews are promising, but my experience on Head-Fi has also been that initially new products seem to be overhyped during the honeymoon period (when people have just gotten it) and then things settle down a bit. I'm not in a hurry and am meanwhile using my smartphone for listening to music on the go. I hope to get more balanced impressions/reviews from people later in March. Expect to be making a decision around that same time.

And also, I just want to buy it in the US. If you buy it from Japan, you have to deal with warranty through Sony Japan, and that's way too much of a hassle for me. And I don't like pre-ordering stuff, and through the Sony.com website you have to pay sales tax, which is another $90.

So right now it's between the ZX2 or the A17, as these are the only DAPS currently out on the market that have a good battery life. Everything else seems to have 12 hours or less, which just doesn't cut it in my book. And anything else that's supposed to launch later this year also doesn't have great battery life so I don't have to wait for that. Some people are hoping Apple might release a high-end DAP, but I hate the iTunes eco-system so not waiting for that either.

At least you bought those after breaking yours years later. I've been buying stuffs and selling them only after a few months to fund for my next purchase lol.
Mad enough to buy the AK240 and selling it after a few months. Got myself the A15 to fill in my DAPless spot until I could find another relatively higher end one which doesn't break the bank.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #2,060 of 14,773
At least you bought those after breaking yours years later. I've been buying stuffs and selling them only after a few months to fund for my next purchase lol.
Mad enough to buy the AK240 and selling it after a few months. Got myself the A15 to fill in my DAPless spot until I could find another relatively higher end one which doesn't break the bank.

Well I like having high quality stuff, but I don't get obsessed about it either (thank goodness, or else it'd be a very expensive hobby). The thing is, you can only spend your money once, and there are so many other things I like to spend my money on as well, with one of the biggest things being travel. Owning stuff will not make me any happier, but having all sorts of life experiences potentially will. So I try to prioritize my spending habits accordingly. And otherwise I also like to save money, so while once in a while I might make an excessive splurge on 'stuff', most of the time I'm still able to save.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #2,061 of 14,773
Feb 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #2,063 of 14,773
Sorry if it has been mentioned already but is it possible to stream from Qobuz or TIDAL in Hifi quality from the ZX2 ?

And to purchase & download ( direct in the Zx2) Music files from Qobuz ?

Thanks

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #2,064 of 14,773
Oh common......don't tease me this now....unless it is 2000$ then I won't mind

let just say it's priced between USD 1100 to USD 1200
tongue.gif

Those who has both the ZX1 and ZX2, can you confirm the glass panel (not screen)are the same size, the reason I ask, as I seen some glass protector, and they say it's fit's both ZX1 and ZX2.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,066 of 14,773

tongue.gif

Those who has both the ZX1 and ZX2, can you confirm the glass panel (not screen)are the same size, the reason I ask, as I seen some glass protector, and they say it's fit's both ZX1 and ZX2.

Yes, panels are the same size. 

I seen some glass protector at about USD 10 online from china, if I got to china I should get them less than USD 5

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #2,067 of 14,773
other accessories available

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #2,069 of 14,773

tongue.gif

not sure what these glass panel's are so canyoulink me.

glass screen protector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back