SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 27, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #2,042 of 14,773
I don't think that prices are dropping, amazon has always sold items cheaper.

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #2,043 of 14,773
You can contact Sony, and tell them, instead of having me to pay 1200 USD for a Malaysia made product, I will pay 2000 USD for a Japan Made one.
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #2,045 of 14,773
Just got mine delivered.
Initial impressions:
* Really nice built! Not today's iDisposable stuff,.
* Heavy
* Transfer speed is very slow. I get 10MB/s.
* You can't see both SD card and main storage when connected to Windows at the same time, you have to switch it on device side first

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #2,046 of 14,773
^ probably AK240 price
biggrin.gif
if it was made in Japan

Now , I found out why the Sound Adjustment Enable/Disable sometimes yield Louder sound and or not
biggrin.gif
.......wow what a discovery!!

****Warning****** turn your volumes down......wayssss down.......

Do not reboot if unnecessary, the volumes output will be back to normal even if Sound Adjustment app is disabled.....unless you want to walk through all these steps to disable the Sound Adjustment app again.....if you have to reboot your ZX2 >>>> enable Sound Adjustment >>>>> reboot >>>>> walk these steps again
1/ setting
2/ apps
3/ swipe left to "all"
4/ scroll 75% down, look for Sound Adjustment app
5/ before disabling the Sound Adjustment app>>>>>> tab out >>>>> open the Sound Adjustment app
6/ Dynamic Normalizer....tick this gosh dang culprit ......this is the guy which ultimately decide if the volumes output increase or not.......have to check this box
7/ Disable the Sound Adjustment

Interesting, the order of things... sorry but what do you mean by 'tab out'? 

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #2,047 of 14,773
Interesting, the order of things... sorry but what do you mean by 'tab out'? 

I meant to tab out of that window , then get to the opened window of Sound Adjustment where you are adjusting the sound setting, then check the box Dynamic Normalizer, tab out, return to your window where you can disable the app :D

If you don't like that, you can always do these.....*****lower your volume to 1-2 notch only.... It will definitely be loud******

1/ open Sound adjustment app
2/ check Dynamic Normalizer
3/ home button
4/ setting
5/ apps
6/ swipe left to "all"
7/ scroll down to 75% apprx
8/ click on Sound Adjustment
9/ Disable

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #2,048 of 14,773
Hmm. Well, I found my answer to "What happens if you make a playlist in Sony's Media Go software, and then transfer some of the tracks that belong to that playlist over to the SD card". And I can't say I like the answer.

Wherever the playlist gets transferred to, all the songs that are in the playlist need to be on the same drive. Apparently the database software in Sony's default player is not advanced enough to understand that even though a track may reside on the SD card, and have the exact same file name, exact same file size and exact same ID3 tag data, it belongs to a given playlist. No. Instead, the Media Go application will transfer over all the "missing" songs into the main storage. Consequently, you'll end up with two copies of the same song in your database, and storage space taken up on both the internal storage and SD card.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #2,049 of 14,773
My side buttons for ff and rewind do work with regular files, but not with spotify tracks. So there is nothing wrong with my Zx2.

I was impressed with Sony delivery. They email notified it was shipped on Monday. On Tuesday afternoon, I got it. My Cc was not even charged until two days later.

Let me say that my music collection sounds brand new. I was listening to Solaris soundtrack and I swear it sounded nothing like I remember it and I have heard this album many times. It was if I had been listening to 128 MP3 before and now it's a 320.

It really is like my ears have been freshly cleaned. battery is 16 hours usage at 13%. At least 11 hours is wifi streaming.

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #2,051 of 14,773
My side buttons for ff and rewind do work with regular files, but not with spotify tracks. So there is nothing wrong with my Zx2.

I was impressed with Sony delivery. They email notified it was shipped on Monday. On Tuesday afternoon, I got it. My Cc was not even charged until two days later.

Let me say that my music collection sounds brand new. I was listening to Solaris soundtrack and I swear it sounded nothing like I remember it and I have heard this album many times. It was if I had been listening to 128 MP3 before and now it's a 320.

It really is like my ears have been freshly cleaned. battery is 16 hours usage at 13%. At least 11 hours is wifi streaming.

And some people will not believe you, as they will always say high resolution is a placebo.....:D And that you wasted your money....etc

I also agree that the Zx2 sounds more like watching a 1080 vs 720. It is definitely different, and can be observed. :D I am in love again with Walkman, also afraid of Sony current situation....if they are bankrupted ....who will make my next gen Walkman :D

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #2,052 of 14,773
I am down to 8%. Should I recharge now or is it safe to drop it further? For streaming, I am losing about 4% per hour of playtime.

What kind of chargers are you using? I use my apple charger.

Does anyone know if clear bass EQ affects battery life? In the manual, they mention all the EQ settings and their cost on battery life, but clear bass is the only one not mentioned. Did they miss this or does it not affect battery?

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #2,053 of 14,773
I am down to 8%. Should I recharge now or is it safe to drop it further? For streaming, I am losing about 4% per hour of playtime.

What kind of chargers are you using? I use my apple charger.

Does anyone know if clear bass EQ affects battery life? In the manual, they mention all the EQ settings and their cost on battery life, but clear bass is the only one not mentioned. Did they miss this or does it not affect battery?

It probably affects battery life as well.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #2,054 of 14,773
@starfly
Will you be splurging on the ZX2 as well? :p

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #2,055 of 14,773
Has anyone found a way for this to be used with a sleep timer? Meaning the unit shuts down completely after 30 minutes, an hour, etc? I can't find it, and I can't believe it doesn't have this function.

Is that little hi res sticker on the glass supposed to be removed? Isn't the mic under it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back