SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 21, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #1,606 of 14,755
My only problem with this is the size. Found the zx 1 already massive. I have gotten used to the miniscule A17 in my pocket or the gym and there is no way the zx2 will ever be as portable. It's basically an at home, on the couch, or in bed substitute for my stereo system, not meant to be taken anywhere. If I go out walking or cycling, I'll still be using my A17.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #1,608 of 14,755
  Looking forward to anyone who can give impressions and compare with the AK120II or 240!  Unfortunately, I will probably be purchasing one of these with no auditions.  Dumb move, no doubt, but I've probably done dumber (?) things in my life.
rolleyes.gif

How is it a dumb move, most people here purchase on the advice of others, myself included. I put it at over 90% buy without audition. I'm amazed  by all the comments about size. People want more of everything like battery life, memory, screen and higher power output although expect the player itself to remain the same size or smaller.
Bigger is better.
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,609 of 14,755
9,980 Yen via Pricejapan. ($85,- or for me € 75,-) 

Thanks. I got a slightly more higher price quoted by pricejapan, but thats because im just looking to buy the case on its own. You got yours with the player so it worked out cheaper. I got quoted 15315 yen which includes shipping via ems. That comes to $130 (€113). I think thats abit too much for a case. Going to wait until i can find it at a better price. Im surprised its not avaliable outside of japan at the moment.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,610 of 14,755
Thanks. I got a slightly more higher price quoted by pricejapan, but thats because im just looking to buy the case on its own. You got yours with the player so it worked out cheaper. I got quoted 15315 yen which includes shipping via ems. That comes to $130 (€113). I think thats abit too much for a case. Going to wait until i can find it at a better price. Im surprised its not avaliable outside of japan at the moment.

They are getting as much for simple cases as some decent sounding daps. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #1,611 of 14,755
I'm scared to look at the Sony Aust. website to see the price when hopefully launched next month. They better come up with a decent price because I doubt they sold many ZX1's here. If true the sales numbers are going to be even lower this time round. If anybody knows someone who works at a Sony shop contact me as apparently they get a very generous discount on goods.....20% give or take.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #1,612 of 14,755

9,980 Yen via Pricejapan. ($85,- or for me € 75,-) 

9980 yen is sony's quoted price, I think gus922 forgot to add shipping on top, but he also did buy the ZX2, so not too sure the actual cost.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #1,613 of 14,755
9980 yen is sony's quoted price, I think gus922 forgot to add shipping on top, but he also did buy the ZX2, so not too sure the actual cost.

True. Cheapest on ebay is $110 (€97) which includes shipping.

Ive contacted advancedmp3players in the uk regarding the leather case. Just waiting to hear back from them. Hope they can get hold of some.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #1,614 of 14,755
My ZX2 arrived! 

First observations. This thing is build like a tank. :D  It feels expensive as it should. Feels better in de hand too (and I have small hands) because of the rounded edges compared to my ZX1. It's alsmost the size of my Nexus 5. Buttons on the side are great, even better than on the ZX1 I think. As mentioned there are twice as many volume intervals (60 over 30 with ZX1) which is great. Always hated that with de ZX1 when I couldn't find the perfect volume for the song. 

Whoa you actually counted - I'm impressed at your determination!

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,615 of 14,755

True. Cheapest on ebay is $110 (€97) which includes shipping.

Ive contacted advancedmp3players in the uk regarding the leather case. Just waiting to hear back from them. Hope they can get hold of some.

I will be getting it direct from japan during my visit, anyone have any idea's to where about it will be sold cheaper, I should also get it tax free if I spend 10001 yen or over.

does anyone know if the Ginza branch sells the Japanese version tax free, I know they have international section which is tax free, not too sure if the local section offer tax free.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #1,616 of 14,755

9980 yen is sony's quoted price, I think gus922 forgot to add shipping on top, but he also did buy the ZX2, so not too sure the actual cost.Yes

Yes you are right, that's without shipping. Sorry forgot to mention that. What I also forgot was the fee that goes to pricejapan (5% I think). All in all with all the accessories (flipcase, NWH10 cable, screen protecter) and shipping + tax it was € 100,00 cheaper for me to order in Japan. In the Netherlands the base price is € 1199,00. 
redface.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #1,618 of 14,755

9980 yen is sony's quoted price, I think gus922 forgot to add shipping on top, but he also did buy the ZX2, so not too sure the actual cost.Yes

Yes you are right, that's without shipping. Sorry forgot to mention that. What I also forgot was the fee that goes to pricejapan (5% I think). All in all with all the accessories (flipcase, NWH10 cable, screen protecter) and shipping + tax it was € 100,00 cheaper for me to order in Japan. In the Netherlands the base price is € 1199,00. 
redface.gif

is the screen protector plastic or glass, I will be getting a glass one after I get the ZX2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back