SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 3, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #14,161 of 14,755
I don't remember mentioning here, but it may be of interest that I tried the Sony BCR-NWH10 cradle for the ZX2 with good power supplies (battery, a top switching PSU and a top LPS). There were minor differences between the "good" power supplies, but there was a big difference from the supplied PSU.

Compared to the microRendu, the USB out from the cradle+LPS sounded more open and more revealing in the midrange, but the slight midbass thickness of the ZX2 came through also via USB, so I'd say the mRendu was more lean/clean in the bass section, but depending on the headphone, I preferred either this or the other. This cradle + a good PSU makes the ZX2 a considerably good digital transport with USB output.

Thanks for this post. I was not aware of the cradle. Just ordered it.

It arrived yesterday and it is a very usefull addition.

385A3484-D540-4BDE-9E8A-C8D0A4D7242C.jpeg

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #14,162 of 14,755
I always first download via the Qobuz website and import it with Media Go. Afterwards I can play it with Onkyo HF or the intern player.

HI, thanks for responding. I think you're referring to when you purchase. I do the same and that works great. My problem is when importing for offline listening and streaming, neither will run at the new hi-res available in Sublime+. I've written to them so let's see. Same situation with my Xperia XZ PREMIUM. And yes it plays 24/192 great in Poweramp.....

Mar 4, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #14,163 of 14,755
HI, thanks for responding. I think you're referring to when you purchase. I do the same and that works great. My problem is when importing for offline listening and streaming, neither will run at the new hi-res available in Sublime+. I've written to them so let's see. Same situation with my Xperia XZ PREMIUM. And yes it plays 24/192 great in Poweramp.....
Sublime+ means you can stream everything in HiRes, right?
If I have bought something in HiRes for the special Sublime price, I can download it via PC and import it to the Sony NW-ZX2
or
import it in the Qobuz App. Both works, but the Qobuz app does only work very slowly on my Sony NW-ZX2, I therefore prefer the first way.
On my Sony only the old Qobuz App works for imports: https://static.qobuz.com/apps/qobuz-mobile/android/qobuz-4.0.10.apk
Maybe you try this version?

Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #14,169 of 14,755
Need your help guys. If i bought a trrs cable terminated to 2.5mm and purchased a connector 2.5mm female then 3.5mm male will this work with my zx2? Appreciate your input guys.

It depends of what you want from ZX2.
If the connector is 3.5mm Male SE To 2.5mm TRRS Female Balanced like, for example, Fiio L26, it won't work for the TRRS. For that, you will need a 2.5mm balanced female to 4-pole 3.5mm TRRS balanced male connector.
But it will work anyway in SE mode.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #14,170 of 14,755
It depends of what you want from ZX2.
If the connector is 3.5mm Male SE To 2.5mm TRRS Female Balanced like, for example, Fiio L26, it won't work for the TRRS. For that, you will need a 2.5mm balanced female to 4-pole 3.5mm TRRS balanced male connector.
But it will work anyway in SE mode.

Seller told me that balanced terminated to 2.5mm and balanced connector 2.5mm to 3.5mm will this have me the psuedo balanced out on zx2 really wanted to test if this really is an improvement. Thanks in advance. :)

Apr 2, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #14,174 of 14,755
I just picked up a second hand NW-ZX2. Sounds great. I'm a little suspicious of the battery life claims, but... The thing that I can't figure out is how to get to play a next album automatically. Playback stops at the end of an album. It always seems to be the case with Sony Walkmans, that you get something, but they take something else away. Is there another app/player that you can run on NW-ZX2 that has this basic function?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back