SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #14,178 of 14,755
The ZX2 does have a fantastic sound, and solid UI, but unless you can get it for a reasonable sum, nowhere near the old retail, it is despite being wonderful in many ways, just getting too long in the tooth.

Apr 20, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #14,180 of 14,755
Picked up a used ZX2 up this week. Been using it with Neutron app and holy gawd it sounds amazin. Sounds ok with the stock app, but Neutron brings it up several levels, and I'm only listening from the standard SE output. Sold my WM1A and picked this up for 5 bills. Couldn't be happier. This DAP/app combo kills the WM1A.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #14,181 of 14,755
Picked up a used ZX2 up this week. Been using it with Neutron app and holy gawd it sounds amazin. Sounds ok with the stock app, but Neutron brings it up several levels, and I'm only listening from the standard SE output. Sold my WM1A and picked this up for 5 bills. Couldn't be happier. This DAP/app combo kills the WM1A.
Thats why I haven't sold it, i REALLY LIKE IT, i JUST USE IT FOR LISTENING TO MUSIC THROUGH THE sd CARD, HAVEN'T TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THE ANDROID SYSTEM, its been 2 and a half years since I purchased it, due to my mistake I made the glue inbetween the LCD and glass split, showing some air bubbles, had A NEW GLASS PUT IN AND WHILES AT IT, I GOT THEM TO PUT A NEW BATTERY IN, DID ALL THIS IN jAPAN THROUGH SONY DURING MY HOLIDAY VISIT TO jAPAN. COST ALOT FOR THE REPAIR, BUT NOW THE UNIT IS LIKE 100%, NO SCRATCH NO NOTHING.

SORRY ABOUT THE UPPER CASE, JUST NOTICED IT AFTER FINISHING TYPING, JUST TOO LAZY TO CORRECT IT.

Apr 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #14,182 of 14,755

Interesting...Neutron sounded off compared with the stock player for me.
The only one that I'm still using sometimes is GoneMad...best sound after the stock one but still not as good. PowerAmp also sounded better than Neutron.
Have you applied some special settings?

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #14,183 of 14,755
Im pretty happy with stock.

Apr 21, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #14,184 of 14,755
Went back to the stock app. Got a bit carried away with excitement re the Neutron app. The stock app is better than Neutron upon further examination. Loving the sound signature of this DAP

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #14,185 of 14,755
Went back to the stock app. Got a bit carried away with excitement re the Neutron app. The stock app is better than Neutron upon further examination. Loving the sound signature of this DAP

I was a bit worried what you all seem to hear and I dont. I checked out several Apps but usualy go for the stock one. I was most of the time interested in the EQ settings for my Auudeze iSine 20.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #14,186 of 14,755
Thats why I haven't sold it, i REALLY LIKE IT, i JUST USE IT FOR LISTENING TO MUSIC THROUGH THE sd CARD, HAVEN'T TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THE ANDROID SYSTEM, its been 2 and a half years since I purchased it, due to my mistake I made the glue inbetween the LCD and glass split, showing some air bubbles, had A NEW GLASS PUT IN AND WHILES AT IT, I GOT THEM TO PUT A NEW BATTERY IN, DID ALL THIS IN jAPAN THROUGH SONY DURING MY HOLIDAY VISIT TO jAPAN. COST ALOT FOR THE REPAIR, BUT NOW THE UNIT IS LIKE 100%, NO SCRATCH NO NOTHING.

SORRY ABOUT THE UPPER CASE, JUST NOTICED IT AFTER FINISHING TYPING, JUST TOO LAZY TO CORRECT IT.

how much did the battery cost by sony japan?

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #14,187 of 14,755
how much did the battery cost by sony japan?
The battery and display together is approximate 21000 yen, just the battery i think is about 7800 yen, this include battery, tax and repair cost, and because i did two items, i was only charged repair cost once.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #14,188 of 14,755
This player.. the way it showcases the highs.. so inoffensive and yet detailed. The WM1A used to destroy me with treble. I can listen to this player all day with ease. This bad baby's a keeper!

May 1, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #14,190 of 14,755
I actually like the SQ on this better than the ZX300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back