SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #12,166 of 14,755
Any idea on an adapter that would work well with this 2.5 TRRS cable? It's already L shaped so it should be straight and short.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/product/tinsel-wire-cable/

well search the thread for 2.5 trrs you will find some options as this was discussed before,

For me, i got a custom one from ted allen of headphone lounge for around 50$ an adapter from 2.5 trrs ak female to 3.5 trrs sony/hifiman male, if your gonna use it with sony only. To use it also with non balanced daps get it 2.5 trrs to 3.5 trs.

you can find in the thread other options for sale directly.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #12,167 of 14,755
Jul 12, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #12,168 of 14,755
which would be why I never suggested that it did.

and I don't believe I mentioned failing to disable sound adjustment either.

However, I do admit to being unaware that the ZX-2 offered a balanced output, and have yet to find any authorised statement to that effect.

There is lots of info in this thread about the trrs option including official Sony slides. It is in my terms not fully balanced. It has seperate ground for left and right so is L+, R+, L0, R0 whereas true balanced with an inverter is L+, R+, L-, R- for double voltage swing. However the improovements over trs are real and gives much the same results as true balanced does

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #12,170 of 14,755
Jul 12, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #12,171 of 14,755
There is lots of info in this thread about the trrs option including official Sony slides. It is in my terms not fully balanced. It has seperate ground for left and right so is L+, R+, L0, R0 whereas true balanced with an inverter is L+, R+, L-, R- for double voltage swing. However the improovements over trs are real and gives much the same results as true balanced does

That's what I thought, it wasn't true balanced, but still offered a vast improvement.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #12,172 of 14,755

The intention with balanced design is to cancel out noise induced in the cable by electrical interference.  Also since the common return path is removed, there will be no shared signal between R and L due to this common path impedance provided a 4 conductor cable is used. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #12,175 of 14,755
Hi I need help
I wanted to know if I did the right order for my Sony zx2 and Wistone um pro 50
I ordered a balanced cable TRRS 3.5 from norneaudio
Here are the features are okay? Thank you

Vorpal Series Type 4 OCC Litz (4 / 8 wire) CIEM / IEM replacement cable
- Wire Configuration: 4-wire no sleeve (cl..
- IEM Type: Shure / New Westone ..
- Length: 3 ft.
- Termination: 3.5mm TRRS balanced .. For Sony zx2
- IEM Splitter: Heatshrink only (bla..

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #12,176 of 14,755
Hi I need help
I wanted to know if I did the right order for my Sony zx2 and Wistone um pro 50
I ordered a balanced cable TRRS 3.5 from norneaudio
Here are the features are okay? Thank you

Vorpal Series Type 4 OCC Litz (4 / 8 wire) CIEM / IEM replacement cable
- Wire Configuration: 4-wire no sleeve (cl..
- IEM Type: Shure / New Westone ..
- Length: 3 ft.
- Termination: 3.5mm TRRS balanced .. For Sony zx2
- IEM Splitter: Heatshrink only (bla..

Looks right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back