SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 9, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #12,106 of 14,755
i plan to get used sony ex800st for 110$ for use with nw-zx2.
i will replace cable and eartips/foam with spinfits.

my question: is there an easy/cheap way to get nw-zx2 compatible balanced cable for them?

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #12,107 of 14,755
Is the ZX2 made of a single piece aluminum block? e.g the top and botton faces are not glued plastic pieces?

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #12,109 of 14,755
Jul 9, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #12,110 of 14,755
Thats top quality , thans for your answers and thans to nc8000 for the pics .

Hell i saw on the ZX100 forum they are bashing the ZX2 for being bulky and that the zx100 has better build quality!!, in my experience this is not true at all, recently discovered zx100 has the top and the bottom faces are plastic (metal imitation paint) and glued after i noted it began to bulge. I tought well battery is dying, i peeled abit of the leather grip only to discover the leatherette had expanded and didn't fit anymore.

I trimmed a bit of it and i saw the top was plastic and it deglued so i applied a bit of UHU LOL and it all fine but $700 price for such a build mmm no just my 2 cents

o make things worse my down button on the D-pad has failed bummer! and well accessoryjack is mute to my emails of warranty servicing inquiry (bought it on oct 2015)

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #12,112 of 14,755
Thats top quality , thans for your answers and thans to nc8000 for the pics .

Hell i saw on the ZX100 forum they are bashing the ZX2 for being bulky and that the zx100 has better build quality!!, in my experience this is not true at all, recently discovered zx100 has the top and the bottom faces are plastic (metal imitation paint) and glued after i noted it began to bulge. I tought well battery is dying, i peeled abit of the leather grip only to discover the leatherette had expanded and didn't fit anymore.

I trimmed a bit of it and i saw the top was plastic and it deglued so i applied a bit of UHU LOL and it all fine but $700 price for such a build mmm no just my 2 cents

o make things worse my down button on the D-pad has failed bummer! and well accessoryjack is mute to my emails of warranty servicing inquiry (bought it on oct 2015)

Doesn't matter what build you are talking about, comparing it to headphones nowadays that go for thousands....like 3-4K ? It is still cheap.

why do I say so ? Because we are talking about board printing and engineering + tuning and software design VS some drivers inside some cups and a band, period.

So ? $3,000 or $4,000 for a headphones ? Lol....20 years ago, I would agree because the supplies for drivers, the materials and such to make it were so limited. Nowadays ? They are everywhere, and it is the ancient technologies as ever....you are not going to see Ground breaking or Jaw dropping technologies

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #12,113 of 14,755
@gerelmx1986 I wouldn't listen to those folks hating on the zx2, probably trying to make themselves feel better with the inferior Sony product.
wink.gif

That happens quite frequent here.

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #12,115 of 14,755
  yes and yes.

That is good for sure, but ultimately that won't have anything to do with sound quality at all. It may impact the strength of the unit, but I wonder in any practical sense if that matters at all? Still, nice to know for the money invested the construction is so robust, even if it doesn't make a real difference beyond knowing it.

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #12,116 of 14,755
No such line in our file (just checked).
Edit
Sorry, on my mobile and the quote option didn'twork! This post is in response to the idea that /system/build.prop can he edited in exactly the same was as on the Xperias to remove the Eu volume cap.

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #12,119 of 14,755
For real. That is what's holding me back right now. If Sony could improve on the zx2, I'd grab it instantly. If imagine it would be the best sounding by far.

So do you prefer the ZX2 or the X7? You seem conflicted my friend.

Jul 9, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #12,120 of 14,755
No confliction, zx2. It really blew me away when I heard it. X7 advantages are obviously the module system and the power. Other than that, Sony is a better device. So much better that I'm reconsidering getting one. Especially if there is root now. I loved the zx2 prior to root, and prior to the most amazing synergy I've ever heard (tralucent Plus 5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back