SONY NW-ZX2
Jun 6, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #11,791 of 14,773
2GB as I remember

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #11,792 of 14,773
Selling my Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable in mint condition, comes with (balanced) TRRS termination for zx2

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810514/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-c-iem-cable-3-5-mm-trrs-jack-for-sony-zx2-hifiman-901

in more ZX2-related news , i have received the zx2 Japan model and it is indeed significantly louder than the EU model 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #11,793 of 14,773
I have a question regarding ZX2 GUI, how can I remove the annoying google search bar from all screens?
I check in the net, there is several ways; to disable google search from settings, to use third party launcher app or to root the device.

There is no way to root it and i do not what to. 
For the first option, it is mentioned that it can cause stability problems mainly for vanilla android. I think that ZX2 is with almost pure android.
For third party launchers, like Nova for example, I'm not sure how the performance will be affected. ZX2 is not very fast and responsive due to slow hardware.

Is anyone encounter such problem and found reliable solution?

Thanks.

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #11,795 of 14,773
  I have a question regarding ZX2 GUI, how can I remove the annoying google search bar from all screens?
I check in the net, there is several ways; to disable google search from settings, to use third party launcher app or to root the device.

For the first option, it is mentioned that it can cause stability problems mainly for vanilla android. I think that ZX2 is with almost pure android.
For third party launchers, like Nova for example, I'm not sure how the performance will be affected. ZX2 is not very fast and responsive due to slow hardware.

Thanks.

i don't have my zx2 with me,

but if i understand you correctly, normally on any android the stuff on the main screen are widgets, it is usually removed easily by just pressing and holding the item for a second or 2 then remove it, try holding the google bar ..

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #11,796 of 14,773

Thanks.

Hi,

I am running Nova launcher on mine and it is an improvement over the Jelly Bean launcher. Also, if you enable developer options you can speed up the screen transition animations which improves things even further. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #11,798 of 14,773

Thanks.

Nova will be faster. If you have Nova (I think you might have to buy a paid version of it for this setting) if you go in to Nova Settings > Look & Feel go to "Scroll speed" you can set it to "Faster than light" which basically says screw animations, make things happen faster. Note that it's only going to affect speed in the launcher, not in apps. That said, I have no speed issues with the ZX1, and I run it at "Nova" speed, which is a medium setting, and the hardware has no issues running the animations smoothly. 

Been there, done that. Apparently you can't remove it. So I just leave mine there.

Sure you can

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #11,799 of 14,773

i don't have my zx2 with me,

but if i understand you correctly, normally on any android the stuff on the main screen are widgets, it is usually removed easily by just pressing and holding the item for a second or 2 then remove it, try holding the google bar ..

This is the first thing that I tried, it is not a widget. Based on what I red in net, it is vanilla functionality in android, it is same in all nexus devices with android 4.2 - 4.4. Custome Android implementations almost all have the option to remove it, but not available in native Android.

I will try Nova, if there is not problem with performance, even if it is faster it will be win-win situation.

Regarding the sound, still burning it, harshness of the highs is still ruining the enjoyment from the music, although there is improvement in space and mids /this is after ~70 hours playing/. I will leave it next days to play constantly as I cant wait any more to hear the it's real voice...:frowning2:  

Till now, my other sources are far better than ZX2. I mean LG V10 and Pioneer XPA-700. The last one is the best I ever hear, it is hidden jem, very lucky that I was able to supply one from Japan...:)

Now I'm waiting for Fiio L5 cable to arrive in order to pair ZX2 and the Pioneer through Sony's line-out, I'm very curious how they will sound together.
Also the Pioneer has balanced out and now I'm modding one Chinese cable with MMCX headphone plugs to male TRRS connection and female TRRS to RSA/ALO balanced adapter in order to use full potential of the ZX2 and eventually XPA-700. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #11,800 of 14,773
  This is the first thing that I tried, it is not a widget. Based on what I red in net, it is vanilla functionality in android, it is same in all nexus devices with android 4.2 - 4.4. Custome Android implementations almost all have the option to remove it, but not available in native Android.

I will try Nova, if there is not problem with performance, even if it is faster it will be win-win situation.

Regarding the sound, still burning it, harshness of the highs is still ruining the enjoyment from the music, although there is improvement in space and mids /this is after ~70 hours playing/. I will leave it next days to play constantly as I cant wait any more to hear the it's real voice...:frowning2:  

Till now, my other sources are far better than ZX2. I mean LG V10 and Pioneer XPA-700. The last one is the best I ever hear, it is hidden jem, very lucky that I was able to supply one from Japan...:)

Now I'm waiting for Fiio L5 cable to arrive in order to pair ZX2 and the Pioneer through Sony's line-out, I'm very curious how they will sound together.
Also the Pioneer has balanced out and now I'm modding one Chinese cable with MMCX headphone plugs to male TRRS connection and female TRRS to RSA/ALO balanced adapter in order to use full potential of the ZX2 and eventually XPA-700. 

Can't go wrong with Nova, it's a great launcher, very customizable, nice and fast, too.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #11,801 of 14,773
  Selling my Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable in mint condition, comes with (balanced) TRRS termination for zx2

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810514/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-c-iem-cable-3-5-mm-trrs-jack-for-sony-zx2-hifiman-901

in more ZX2-related news , i have received the zx2 Japan model and it is indeed significantly louder than the EU model 
rolleyes.gif

this is useful information, you had to buy the Japanese version EU version? on how many different volume? included is the headphones?

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #11,802 of 14,773
Guys and gals, whats the latest thoughts on Poweramp Alpha and having DSEE HX enabled? You still think this is good or do you have DSEE HX disabled again? Or should I say, do you have the sound enhancement settings disabled?

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #11,803 of 14,773

Thanks.
I use Nova Launcher, you can remove that bar with Nova Launcher, and do plethora of other things.

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #11,804 of 14,773
Folks - has anyone tried the ZX2 / NWH10 cable with an unpowered amp (Schiit Modi 2)?

Mine won't even light up and as I don't have another amp to test with at the moment, I'm not sure whether the NWH10 is faulty or the ZX2 just isn't able to power the Modi.

Much obliged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back