SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 26, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #10,411 of 14,755
Ive never used a phone with it to be honest,I tend to only have the zx2  as a transport when I am at home. I take the zx2 stand alone when I am going to work or something.. Its a decent transport provided you get a good cable like the one below as using the 2 cables to connect to the USB of the Hugo is a pain..

The biggest downside is how the battery of the zx2 decreases when plugged in to the Hugo in comparison to when using it as directly..

If you are gonna just used it at home,you may be served by a cheaper option as using something as expensive as the zx2 purely as a source to the Hugo doesn't make much sense.. I used a dx90 previously without any issues to the Hugo,put a 4400mah battery in it and battery lasted for days...

Have you heard the Hugo before?
[/quote
Thanks for the feedback

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #10,415 of 14,755

Thanks, the reason I was asking is I've tried both Hugo and Mojo with my Z3c and felt both lacked impact with rock music so thought I might try ZX2 as a transport.

I see, I am not an expert in enjoying rock music
biggrin.gif
, only listen to soft rock here and there. But i would look into Onkyo DP-X1

I only listen to classical

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #10,418 of 14,755
Dignis case ? This is stock case with real leather and the strap for securely connect my upgraded cables while having it in the pocket and travel around

Yes I see you just made a cut out to access the screen. I bought the Sony flip front case and am very pleased with it.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #10,420 of 14,755
Honestly, the only thing stopped me from buying that flip-case is...no strap to hold my cables, and I move around a bit with them in the office with a headphones on lol:)

Yes I could see how that would be a problem. I only ever use my ZX2 stationary

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #10,422 of 14,755
A couple more questions if you don't mind:tongue_smile:
Were you using the same player when comparing, if so which one?
What lead did you use to connect transports to Mojo? Cheers

I could not be using the same players.

1/ zx2 could only play 24/92 to Mojo by only stock player
2/ note 4 was able to with Onkyo hf player
3/ if I used Onkyo hf player on zx2, my files got down sampled to 16/44.1 by Mojo lights, and it still sounded just as bad

I used an OtG adapter found from Amazon

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #10,423 of 14,755
Has anyone of you experienced battery drained when playing songs via microSD card with ZX2?

I found that if playing songs from internal flash memory of ZX2, the battery last a lot longer that playing from microSD card. Is there anything wrong with my ZX2, or the SD card?

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #10,425 of 14,755
No

Users who are viewing this thread

Back