SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 25, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #10,396 of 14,755
Just came across something here, has anyone got a problem not being able to load certain files? I've got a load of mix tapes and none of them are working. Just wondering if anyone else has a problem with an album or something like that and has maybe got a fix? The difference this app makes is insane btw to anyone who is yet to download it

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #10,398 of 14,755
In poweramp alpha, do you folks turn on dynamic volume?

If you mean DVC direct volume control, then yes, it sounds better with it on.
The volume will tend to ramp up a little past the half way point, on the scale, and the volume seems to be higher with it on in general. If you want a more linear volume, with more control, turn it off.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #10,400 of 14,755
  Putting the sound quality aside,one thing we can say about our ZX2 is shes built like a tank... I'm a bit weird about these issues but when you lay down a serious amount of your hard earned on a dap like the Onkyo unit,it should be perfect and free from any hardware issues at the very minimum...

Does the ZX2 make a better transport for the Hugo than a phone like the Z3c? TIA

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #10,401 of 14,755
Got the Dignis case today, me likey.  Pairs great with the Angies =)

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #10,403 of 14,755
  Does the ZX2 make a better transport for the Hugo than a phone like the Z3c? TIA

Ive never used a phone with it to be honest,I tend to only have the zx2  as a transport when I am at home. I take the zx2 stand alone when I am going to work or something.. Its a decent transport provided you get a good cable like the one below as using the 2 cables to connect to the USB of the Hugo is a pain..

The biggest downside is how the battery of the zx2 decreases when plugged in to the Hugo in comparison to when using it as directly..

If you are gonna just used it at home,you may be served by a cheaper option as using something as expensive as the zx2 purely as a source to the Hugo doesn't make much sense.. I used a dx90 previously without any issues to the Hugo,put a 4400mah battery in it and battery lasted for days...

Don't think so. From my experiences

Zx2+mojo didn't sound as good as Note4+Mojo

Have you heard the Hugo before?

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #10,404 of 14,755
Ive never used a phone with it to be honest,I tend to only have the zx2  as a transport when I am at home. I take the zx2 stand alone when I am going to work or something.. Its a decent transport provided you get a good cable like the one below as using the 2 cables to connect to the USB of the Hugo is a pain..

The biggest downside is how the battery of the zx2 decreases when plugged in to the Hugo in comparison to when using it as directly..

If you are gonna just used it at home,you may be served by a cheaper option as using something as expensive as the zx2 purely as a source to the Hugo doesn't make much sense.. I used a dx90 previously without any issues to the Hugo,put a 4400mah battery in it and battery lasted for days...

Never heard of Hugo, but that question wasn't about Hugo sound quality was it ? I thought he asked if Zx2 as a transport to Hugo does a better job than his phone as a transport. I have transported Zx2 to Mojo before, and hence I stated that. Zx2 with ancient android is not good as a transport compare to a phone period.

Is there a particular reason that Hugo should treat digitally feeds different than Mojo ?

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #10,405 of 14,755

Can I please ask where did you get that cable from?

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #10,406 of 14,755
Never heard of Hugo, but that question wasn't about Hugo sound quality was it ? I thought he asked if Zx2 as a transport to Hugo does a better job than his phone as a transport. I have transported Zx2 to Mojo before, and hence I stated that. Zx2 with ancient android is not good as a transport compare to a phone period.

Is there a particular reason that Hugo should treat digitally feeds different than Mojo ?

No need to have a hissy fit.. I was only interested in your thoughts on Hugo v Mojo.

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #10,407 of 14,755
No need to have a hissy fit.. I was only interested in your thoughts on Hugo v Mojo.

Lol, my apologies, sounded like you were asking me to have to listen to the Hugo prior to telling someone that his smartphone can feed digital audio better than Zx2 at the job, there were many limitations with Zx2+android 4.2 for it being an efficient transport. In that case of Hugo-mojo, I am interested myself, but I don't think It would happen

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #10,408 of 14,755
Can I please ask where did you get that cable from?

I got the cable from Taobao, here's the link..its a bit long so I just shortened it with tinyurl...

http://tinyurl.com/zk3eyzb

I just used an agent like Mistertao or something as its a struggle trying to navigate with Google translate and had it within a couple of weeks..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back