SONY NW-ZX2
Dec 14, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #9,437 of 14,755
I am also obsessed with TRRS output from zx2...I would even recable the R10 in your avatar to TRRS if I was to have it
biggrin.gif
that is how obsessed I am when I hear directly from zx2...my latest th900 is already in TRRS removable cables Haha!

xxaaxxaaxaxaax you mad scientist you 
dt880smile.png

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #9,440 of 14,755
Dec 15, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #9,442 of 14,755
  Can you post a pic of the cable you are using for your JH13? Do they have the same pin? adapter? I was thinking of getting the Angies and have the stock cable reterminated to TRRS.

sounds like a winner

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #9,443 of 14,755
Can you post a pic of the cable you are using for your JH13? Do they have the same pin? adapter? I was thinking of getting the Angies and have the stock cable reterminated to TRRS.

Just request some vendor to make it for you ? Depends on what material you are using. Silver and especially solid silver is the most expensive and the best for analog signals conductivity.

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #9,444 of 14,755

My cable is from Whiplash Audio. The JH13 has the old standard 2 pin plug, I don't know what plug is used for Angie. You can only reterminate the stock cable to trrs if it has all 4 wires all the way to the trs plug

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #9,445 of 14,755

My cable is from Whiplash Audio. The JH13 has the old standard 2 pin plug, I don't know what plug is used for Angie. You can only reterminate the stock cable to trrs if it has all 4 wires all the way to the trs plug

Well, Angie has a balanced stock cable terminated to AK 2.5 mm trrs, so it has all the 4 wires.

so either you re-terminate to 3.5 mm trrs or get an adapter like i did to convert from ak 2.5 mm trrs to generic 3.5 mm trrs ( i got it from ted allen for around 60$), i still didn't receive it so i can't give you more feedback.

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #9,446 of 14,755
I believe, getting an adapter won't enable the pseudo balanced output of the ZX2.

The JH Audio pins are very expensive.

My plan is to get the pins & the adjuster from the stock cable (with 2.5mm TRRS) and request my someone to make a silver cable for me.

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #9,447 of 14,755
  ^ Can you post a pic of the adapter? Thanks.

I believe, getting an adapter won't enable the balanced output of the ZX2.

I will receive them in about a week, i will post pictures when received.

Well, first i was thinking i could get any generic adapter to convert between 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm trrs, but i was advised that it wouldn't work as the ak 2.5 mm trrs termination use different order of pin map,

thats why i got it from ted allen specially made to convert from ak 2.5mm trrs to sony(generic) 3.5mm trrs

i hope it works fine crossing fingers, i will report back after trying them..

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #9,450 of 14,755
I believe, getting an adapter won't enable the pseudo balanced output of the ZX2.

The JH Audio pins are very expensive.

My plan is to get the pins & the adjuster from the stock cable (with 2.5mm TRRS) and request my someone to make a silver cable for me.

Getting an adapter with 2,5mm female trrs to 3,5mm male trrs will work fine as long as the wires are connected correctly either end.

My full size phones are balanced terminated to Kobicon and I have various pig tails from female Kobicon to 2x3-pin xlr, 3,5 mm trrs and 3,5 mm trs so they can be used with various gear. My JH13 cable was reterminated from Kobicon to 3,5 mm trrs as it will be used 90% with ZX2 but I also have pig tails to 3,5 mm trs and Kobicon again so it can be used with other gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back