SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 24, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #9,062 of 14,773
What is apk ? I only updated my free onkyo software version

The Android application package, you install APK files for each application you want to load in an Android device, either automatically via Google Play, or it can be done manually as well

When you updated the app, in the background it downloaded the latest APK file, and updated the app within Android.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #9,063 of 14,773
The Android application package, you install APK files for each application you want to load in an Android device, either automatically via Google Play, or it can be done manually as well

When you updated the app, in the background it downloaded the latest APK file, and updated the app within Android.

Thank you! Got it, lol, it sounded so strange :)

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #9,064 of 14,773
Finally got my Whiplash TWau Reference cable for my JH13 back from a friend who has changed the Kobicon plug for a 3,5 mm trrs so I can extract every last bit of audio bliss from my ZX2. Lovely :)

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #9,065 of 14,773
Finally got my Whiplash TWau Reference cable for my JH13 back from a friend who has changed the Kobicon plug for a 3,5 mm trrs so I can extract every last bit of audio bliss from my ZX2. Lovely :)

How do you love your TRRS ? It is one of the noticeable huge improvements for the zx2. I have been listening to modern talking today with TRRS and z7 directly to zx2, and it is heaven so far.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #9,066 of 14,773
How do you love your TRRS ? It is one of the noticeable huge improvements for the zx2. I have been listening to modern talking today with TRRS and z7 directly to zx2, and it is heaven so far.

I agree with everything except Modern Talking 
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #9,067 of 14,773

download this pop masterpiece , thank me later

ABC - The Look Of Love

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #9,069 of 14,773
Trrs is clearly worth it, much the same effect (but with less power) as I had before from the balanced SR71-B amp. Better seperation and less background noise and hence clearer sound

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #9,070 of 14,773
Can anyone please briefly explain this TRRS connection for the ZX2? Is it different than just plugging in your headphones through the regular headphone jack?

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #9,071 of 14,773
Can anyone please briefly explain this TRRS connection for the ZX2? Is it different than just plugging in your headphones through the regular headphone jack?

Simple answer is that stereo headphones using a TRS plug has the right and left channels sharing a common ground connection. TRRS is wired so each channel has its own ground connection.

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #9,072 of 14,773

It is more like TRRS = balanced out on the zx2. But Sony is not, and never is a company that will fully disclose anything too detailed to the mass. Therefore they only say that it is an extra ground connection that will improve stereo separation. They didn't even disclose the maximum output on the zx2 either, but rather they answered it as that the impedance load doesn't matter, the output is always 25mw ?.....Sony dodges a lot of questions. The one thing for sure is that TRRS does increase soundstage , and imagines placement accuracy, not to mention that it even increase the clarity overall. Some people call it "pseudo balanced out", I call it balanced out. Why ? Because it improvements is too noticable....and it is built into a "class D" amp technologies. To me, that is a very "professional build" and nothing pseudo about it.

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #9,073 of 14,773
It is more like TRRS = balanced out on the zx2. But Sony is not, and never is a company that will fully disclose anything too detailed to the mass. Therefore they only say that it is an extra ground connection that will improve stereo separation. They didn't even disclose the maximum output on the zx2 either, but rather they answered it as that the impedance load doesn't matter, the output is always 25mw ?.....Sony dodges a lot of questions. The one thing for sure is that TRRS does increase soundstage , and imagines placement accuracy, not to mention that it even increase the clarity overall. Some people call it "pseudo balanced out", I call it balanced out. Why ? Because it improvements is too noticable....and it is built into a "class D" amp technologies. To me, that is a very "professional build" and nothing pseudo about it.

Pseudo balanced is actually a very good description. ZX2 is wired L+,R+,L0,R0 where a balanced has an inverter to give double voltage swing for L+,R+,L-,R-. So on ZX2 you get rid of the comon ground but you dont get the inverter

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #9,074 of 14,773
I think Sony did mention the output is 15mW + 15 mW @ 16ohms. If it's real balanced out, they would have made a TRRS plug for the MDR-Z5 optional cable but they didn't cuz it's not.

I plug my MDR-E484 into the D-555 Discman and then into the ZX2 and I can already experienced the improved stereo separation. They got the job done.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #9,075 of 14,773
In UK

Just picked up Amazon Warehouse one for £568.04. Shows as £635.91 but when you go to purchase it applies a promo discount of £67.87.

I had a Warehouse one last month and it was mint (just slight packaging damage) at £715 but decided I didn't want to spend that much but £568 is a nicer price. Only limited number but will have normal UK warranty and same great Amazon return policy if you don't want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back