SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 21, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #9,032 of 14,773
Nov 21, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #9,033 of 14,773
  now selling for 578 pounds (30% off) in amazon.uk 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T7S7DTM/

I didn't see this post until tonight. I can tell you I am totally screwing severely pi**ed off. I have been making my mind up between the NW-ZX2 and the AK JR for weeks now. I went for the AK due to my requirements and the price vs SQ difference. To think I could have had it for that price too. 
What makes it worse for me is I 'live' on my macbook air, spend hours on it and the first time it could have 'helped' me I am nowhere near it! Bast**d.
Well done to those that got one at that price. I'm going back to my AK to try and find some calming music! 

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #9,034 of 14,773
Yep the line out is really low

To overcome this, just set all the eq settings to max. This will increase volume a lot without altering frequencies
However, if you are using items, you may hear more hiss along with less battery life on that charge.
I'm using the line out from the Zx-2 to the line inputs of my Burson Solist headphone amp ( set to highest output).
To these ears, this combo sounds better than running the headphone out of the zx-2 to the Burson. More air around voices and instruments. I can hear into the recording a bit more. I am using LCD 2 and 3 headphones along with the even more inefficient Hifiman HE-560.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #9,035 of 14,773
Guys,

Having real problems getting both TIDAL & QOBUZ to work effectively in my NW-ZX2... Tidal now refuses to play offline content without an Internet connection.... QOBUZ I just find generally a problem, which is a pity as it seems to have great content... Anyone having same issue with TIDAL. Interestingly it works fine on my iPhone?

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #9,039 of 14,773
  Sony ZX2 + K10 re-cabled with DHC symbiote fusion cable and dayjoy tempered glass protector .. Enough said 

and the bleak, insightful timeless masterpiece of the titans playing.

right on 
gs1000.gif

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #9,042 of 14,773

I didn't see this post until tonight. I can tell you I am totally screwing severely pi**ed off. I have been making my mind up between the NW-ZX2 and the AK JR for weeks now. I went for the AK due to my requirements and the price vs SQ difference. To think I could have had it for that price too. 
What makes it worse for me is I 'live' on my macbook air, spend hours on it and the first time it could have 'helped' me I am nowhere near it! Bast**d.
Well done to those that got one at that price. I'm going back to my AK to try and find some calming music! 

no sweat , here is one for 549 pounds 
tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788054/sony-zx2-uk-eu

cheers

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #9,045 of 14,773
  £693 now on Amazon, from yesterday's £753. Was it really £578 the other day ? Tempted at £693, but don't want to bite the bullet & then find it drops to below £600 !!

a guy is selling his ZX2 here for 550 pounds 

what do you expect , free sex on top ? 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back