SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 18, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #8,371 of 14,773
Totally agreed, Chord has always been a superb product line, and honestly, the pricing of the Mojo is a killer. I agreed with you about Sabre DAC, and other op-amp devices. Non of them can really justify what the best technologies from Chord own DAC and amp design, or Sony S-Master design. As we all know, ZX2 is the flagship from Sony.

On paper, I wouldn't be surprised if Mojo would sound better. Impedance output is as low as 0.000017 or so ? ZX2 is like....below 2 ohms ? I don't even know...there is no solid claim. But I am trying to say that I have yet to see other products that get these 0 impedance output as Chord. This is just to show how over-priced AK240/380 is as well.

ZX2 and Mojo do go well together. However note your battery life will fall from 30 hours to around 10 hours.
Which is around the same as for the Mojo itself so maybe not an issue for some.

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #8,372 of 14,773
ZX2 and Mojo do go well together. However note your battery life will fall from 30 hours to around 10 hours.
Which is around the same as for the Mojo itself so maybe not an issue for some.

Makes me curious, how in the world that ZX2 drains more battery just because of pure Line Out Digital ? Are there possible explainations ?

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #8,373 of 14,773
I already pre-ordered a chord mojo to use with my zx2. I use a direct digital line out to micro usb from taobao which only cost like 25usd with shipping. Tried with a mojo from a friend and it works like a charm streaming at the right bit rates. Now waiting for my copy by end of this month.

On a side note note, zx2->mojo-> cdm is a total killer combo. Why bother getting zx2 then? Cause I have a choice without the entire chain and still sound fantastic. Not everyday we want a triple stack that weighs down your bag.

Can you post a link of the cable you got from taobao?

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #8,374 of 14,773
Can you post a link of the cable you got from taobao?

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=45034655500

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #8,375 of 14,773
Makes me curious, how in the world that ZX2 drains more battery just because of pure Line Out Digital ? Are there possible explainations ?

My guess is the smaster chip is highly optimized while the handling over of digital signal out of the device which requires normally a host and IO chip together with the cpu to queue the job consumes way more power. Also it may just be the port which requires a certain amount of current to operate .

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #8,376 of 14,773
Hey android walkman users does android has this quircky bug?

Scenario: use MEDIAGO.. have tw albums by different artits but same album title (Waltzes (Chopin with Vladimir ashkenazy) and Waltzes(liszt with Leslie Howard)) transfer them to your walkman

Output at least in ZX100 OS.. one single album Waltzed, one single cover, defaults to Liszt cover and never displays the chopins complete piano music cover... defaults to Varios Artistas (spanish mediago) really annoying

Tranfer those same via USB connection Drag and drop still in a single waltzes albums but they alternate between chopin and liszt artist and cover pictures

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #8,377 of 14,773
So my ultimate Resolution :

Go to setting, and disable the Sound-enhancement app. Make sure you use the app before disabling it like ticking DSEE HX and whatever else. Disable it for the best ultimate listening experience, and the truest form of quality from ZX2.

1/ open enhancement app, and tick DSEE HX or whatever options, don't matter.
2/ go to setting, then apps
3/ swipe left to the end for the tab "all"
4/ scroll down and look for "sound enhancement" app. Select it, disable
5/ confirm

***if you are listening while disabling the app*** turn your volume down....the sound will be 2-3x louder at the same volume level !! Don't blow your ears drums

I believe I get the best juices and quality from ZX2. Now this is true audio quality, and non of the color, software enhancement craps....won't even be possible to EQ, but I doubt you need it if "true, accuracy, realistic, quality" music is what you are chasing for. Assuming why you buy this ZX2 in the first place
biggrin.gif

1/ use TRRS connection whenever possible
2/ have to disable "sound enhancement" apps

Please sticky, if someone can
smily_headphones1.gif

quote again , in case someone missed it last night

great discovery , imho

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #8,378 of 14,773
so I disabled the app and everything but... it doesn't change the volume for me at all, it just changes the volume bar, max volume seems to be on 50% now... whenever I go past the 50% the volume doesn't change anymore, doesn't go louder at all, just stays the same..

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #8,379 of 14,773
so I did disabled the app and everything but... it doesn't change the volume for me at all, it just changes the volume bar, max volume seems to be on 50% now... whenever I go past the 50% the volume doesn't change anymore, doesn't go louder at all, just stays the same..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/8325#post_12001929

Yes sir, it is correct. It can not go over the true maximum capacity output power on Zx2. But if you see the effect of louder volume per tick of volume adjustment, you did it correctly. Most importantly that by disabling the app, you get the purest and truest, untouched Audio Quality from the ZX2.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #8,380 of 14,773

Yes sir, it is correct. It can not go over the true maximum capacity output power on Zx2. But if you see the effect of louder volume per tick of volume adjustment, you did it correctly. Most importantly that by disabling the app, you get the purest and truest, untouched Audio Quality from the ZX2.

How come I don't have this problem with the sound enchancement disabled? My volume for the Z7 headphones will still increase upto 100%.

My media volume is always at max 100% tho, I only change the master volume.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #8,381 of 14,773
  How come I don't have this problem with the sound enchancement disabled? My volume for the Z7 headphones will still increase upto 100%.

My media volume is always at max 100% tho, I only change the master volume.

same here  the volume keeps increasing up to 100% (not that i needed it , after 40% it gets too much anyway)

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #8,382 of 14,773
Mine also increases all the way up and volume wise it can now actually drive my HE-500 but nowhere near to their best sq

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #8,383 of 14,773

I probably know why :) this is volume cap U.S ver vs Europe :) That's why Europe version reach only 60 % of true volume .

Oct 18, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #8,384 of 14,773
If sony decides to release a ZX200... hope it is Sans-android, touchscreen like the x1060, same supercapaitor stuff that caims stepping the output power of class-D amps to 3x... let's see what sony has to woo us.... ZX100 is a great start for sans-android test-bed.

Uff Damn right now it has HOT TREBLE..... Harpsichord never sounded so ANALITYCAL, all the mechanism from the plectrum mechanisch frictoning, plectra clicking the strings (plucking err i emant plucking them), sharp transients when the pluck phase reelases the string .... nip.click.nip.clik.nip.click aarrrrgghhhh Oh Harpsichord I love you so much as I love my boyfriend but damn ZX100 calm your trebles now :)

Harpsichord has various makers: France, Felmish, German, Italian, English Kirckman famous cembalo :)) and there is a special one with gut-strings called lute-harpsichord

Right now the french, italian, flemish and english  variants are too shrill on my burn-in zx100... I don't have that much only two CDs one for Lute-Harpsichord Works and Goldberg Variations Pïerre Hantai on a copy of a  Mietke, most of my music is on the other cembalos... the shapier ones sigh....

EDIT: is insane again.. SQ xhanged out of nothing to muddy unclear soundstage skewed to the left....  wish i could reach final burn-in in abck to the future speeds
biggrin.gif

Cannot wistand the zx100 sharp tongue right now had to swap MDR-1R to XBA-A3  much better Harpsichord is tolerable right now on the A3, still the nip-click,nip-click sound of the plectrum but those sharp transients of the pluck releasing the strings smoothed by warmer A3

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #8,385 of 14,773
Media 3.0

http://cagcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/mediago30/a918f991-ee2b-4f86-aaba-b97796b7cbf6/3.0/1/mediago_setup.exe

This particular update could be interesting when we're connecting ZX2 to USB DAC/amp, just grab one of those cheap 7-inch Windows tablets and then install Media Go 3.0 for remote control purpose?

http://mediago.sony.com/ENU/update-info

1. Enjoy more options for playing media and working with devices using the expanded Throw functionality.

How to throw contents from DLNA Media Servers to DLNA Media Players?

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22083/~/how-to-throw-contents-from-dlna-media-servers-to-dlna-media-players%3F

How to throw contents from Sony Tablet to DLNA Media Player?

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22084/~/how-to-throw-contents-from-sony-tablet-to-dlna-media-player%3F

What applications contain the Throw function in Sony Tablet?

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22090/~/what-applications-contain-the-throw-function-in-sony-tablet%3F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back