SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 29, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #8,071 of 14,755

very helpful thread , thank you for your hard work

cheers 
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #8,072 of 14,755
Regarding separation, I perceive the output to be very coherent.

Same here, I would even say separation is amazing up to micro details that contribute to the sense of depth and layering as well as precise imaging, while remaining coherent indeed a great listening experience.

maybe but my iems are K3003 which are not so shabby so maybe it was a bad recording that sounded muffled ? hm.....
i am gonna buy some new iems though , you know how this place works voodoo on your mind 
tongue.gif

Might be. K3003 are pretty resolving already the ZX2 should feed them a lot of details :) Maybe highlighting some weakness in mastering... what was the recording ?

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #8,073 of 14,755
is it my idea or is the separation kinda lacking ?

soundstage, yes immense

bass, robust

but something bugs me about the separation ....i sometimes feel like my dx90 has better separation

anyone who shares the same 'sand in the shoe' feeling ?

I think there is less space between instruments compared to the DX90. ZX2 soundstage is wider with superior depth and detail. But it does feel crammed compared to DX90. It's like you've got more coming at you.

I think instruments sound more realistic out of ZX2. Treble is smoother. Bass is deeper. Mids are warmer. It's a different sound, but one I prefer. If you listen for 6-8 hours per day then you're going to be pretty well attuned to the DX90's signature and it's only natural that your ears will pick out what the ZX2 does differently.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #8,074 of 14,755

may i ask what Micro SD card are you guys using.

Sandisk 200GB

My A10 gets a bit sluggish but only for a second or two  worst 5 sec and then is back to normal... that's nothing compared to the dreaded fiio x3 1st gen one minute to build the song list

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #8,076 of 14,755
hello

finnaly i decided to boost my EU ZX2, i want to use them with my Z7 and any other headphone other than iems. it will be a cheaper solution than 846:)

any suggestions for cabling between B1-zx2? 

many tnx

Off topic, but B1 has high impedance output .... Like 4 ohms so it is good for headphones only and no IeMs ? I think there will be a newer gen of B1 with lower output impedance soon in the next month or so ?

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #8,078 of 14,755
  off topic ?  matchin amp with zx2?  anyway i might wait for a while to see the new amp, IeMs will be fine even with EU ZX2 ( my share 535 are just fine ) so headphones only is ok 

You are new so you are forgiven 
wink.gif
 but you should avoid making such sweeping statements in the future if anything else for the other guests who are not experienced and are looking for valid information on this thread.The eu ZX2 is hardly adequate for all iems since there are large  variations on impedance/architecture/dynamics/armature.Btw the se535 are one of the easiest iems to drive,hardly an example representing other iems.

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #8,079 of 14,755
Thanks. That's very helpful. I confess I haven't even started thinking about different cable options. Do they really make much difference?

The meaning of "much difference" is defined by your taste and expectation. I believe that using a balanced setup provides a noticeable difference for me. Whether you think it is worth the cost of using that feature can only be determined by you trying it.

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #8,080 of 14,755
The meaning of "much difference" is defined by your taste and expectation. I believe that using a balanced setup provides a noticeable difference for me. Whether you think it is worth the cost of using that feature can only be determined by you trying it.

Truthful enough....my opinion, I can not listen to ZX2 without TRRS anymore :D

Sep 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #8,081 of 14,755

Yeah I have come to the same conclusion, I think the TRRS hasn't been made so apparent by Sony is because most of their own headphones can not work with it of the shelf.
And it would seem it's being left off other walkman models for the sake of useless N/C.
But I can't use the zx2 without it now, it is just the best soundstage I have experienced with it.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #8,082 of 14,755
Yeah I have come to the same conclusion, I think the TRRS hasn't been made so apparent by Sony is because most of their own headphones can not work with it of the shelf.
And it would seem it's being left off other walkman models for the sake of useless N/C.
But I can't use the zx2 without it now, it is just the best soundstage I have experienced with it.

i agree.

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #8,083 of 14,755

I agree as well. Now to put DSEE HX to bed. I really can't make up my mind. Mp3 sing with it on and flac get a subtle benefit. This week I am playing all my music with it off.. Hoping that will once and for all decide which way I go

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #8,085 of 14,755
Pay attention to the low end with the DSEE HX on. That is why I stopped using it rather quickly.

With it on the music becomes "impressive" but it somehow just sounds wrong so I don't use it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back