SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 25, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #3,556 of 14,773

Purk...thanks for this...I just ordered from Crutchfield...shopping cart indicated item was in stock and I appear to have a March 30 delivery date.  I hope this is not some trick by Crutchfield to build pre orders.  I have been on Sony's pre-order list since February 28 and saw how so many others had received theirs from Sony so I cancelled my Sony pre order just minutes ago, figuring a February 28 position in line at Sony wasn't nearly as good as Crutchfield having the ZX2 now.  Will be nice to finally get this unit...I am upgrading from a NWZ-A17.

I had placed an order from a HK seller via Amazon but they were taking long to ship it, so I cancelled it and just placed one from Crutchfield. According to the checkout page it should be in my hands this Friday. I really hope its not a trick!

I can't wait to try it with my ACS Encores.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #3,557 of 14,773
I had placed an order from a HK seller via Amazon but they were taking long to ship it, so I cancelled it and just placed one from Crutchfield. According to the checkout page it should be in my hands this Friday. I really hope its not a trick!

I can't wait to try it with my ACS Encores.

I checked with them and they have 10 units available for immediate shipment. Mine should get here Friday.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #3,558 of 14,773
I knew it wouldn't be too long before you joined the party....   
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #3,560 of 14,773
I am addicted to the sound of Zx2
biggrin.gif

Could you do a short review or comparison with any other daps? (HM-901, DX100...)

http://hello.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/wm/1422714256/790
This article really surprised me, the person actually recommend PAWGOLD or zx2 over AK240 , line-ups. For him, PAWGOLD is the best, clearly better than the rest; However, the draw back point is UI. ZX2 might be slightly better than ak240 but not on level of PAWGOLD

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #3,561 of 14,773
Could you do a short review or comparison with any other daps? (HM-901, DX100...)

http://hello.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/wm/1422714256/790
This article really surprised me, the person actually recommend PAWGOLD or zx2 over AK240 , line-ups. For him, PAWGOLD is the best, clearly better than the rest; However, the draw back point is UI. ZX2 might be slightly better than ak240 but not on level of PAWGOLD

I wish I could :D as I don't have any other portable DAP to compare to. But I did connect ZX2 to 1600w amplifier though

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #3,562 of 14,773
Mar 25, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #3,563 of 14,773
Mar 25, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #3,565 of 14,773
Mar 25, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #3,566 of 14,773
Currently waiting for mine to arrive on early next week....will see how it will be compared to HDP R10

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #3,568 of 14,773
  I have also ordered the ZX2 and should receive it in the next few days. I am curious to compare it with my HDP R10

damn lol was asking if someone here could compare it to r10 before but no answers. Guess we are the only ones here

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #3,569 of 14,773
  The question that comes to me about these expensive audio devices is: "How much of the price comes from building the device itself, and how much comes from a person deciding to set a price that will match perceptions of quality?" If Sony can make a ZX2 for $200, does setting the price closer to $1K attract or deter buyers? If someone said "I can sell you an audio player for $100 that will beat the performance of the Sony!" would I buy it, or distrust the ads?

How much of the Veyron's price is for engineering, and how much for marketing cachet? What is good sound worth to me? By current standards the money I invested in stereo gear is middle-of-the-road but by many people's standards I paid way too much... or way too little. Take your pick.

All I really want is a good product that's reliable and sounds good. I used Sony Discman units for years, and they only quit working after too many hours. I'm attracted to the ZX2, but put off by its need for the Android OS and special software on the host computer.

I disagree in the sense that it should not matter how much of the price comes from what. The price is the price--Sony is free to set it at whatever, and consumers can choose to buy it or not regardless. It's the free market at work. I never understood the "complaining" of too high a price on anything. Pricing and value is relative. If someone can't hear the difference between the ZX2 or a Sansa, what does it matter how much difference the costs are? And if they did, who am I to tell them whether it's worth the difference to them or not?

Sony does NOT need to justify it's asking price. The product's success or failure in the marketplace will no doubt shape their future ventures. And make no mistake, Sony's motivation is the bottom line--after all, it is a for-profit company the last I checked.
wink.gif
They aren't doing this for some benevolent reason.

My ZX2 arrived yesterday. It feels solid, the build looks beautiful and IMO, it's worth the asking price. And I'm not seeing the requirement for "special software on the host computer?" All I did was plug it into my Windows 7 machine, copy music to the Sony's drive, and it's been playing music in an endless loop since. And it also works quite well streaming from a Kodi/XBMC/OpenELEC DLNA server over WiFi.

Sure, I too have niggles about it not detecting "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" as cover art or not recognizing ";" separators in the tags. My Squeezeserver library is really organized this way, and it's going to be a pain to embed artwork in every file and also remove all multi-tagged fields.

And yes--it sounds really good OOTB on a set of AD-H5000. Can't wait till I can get some 200+ burn-in hours on it.

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #3,570 of 14,773
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/91796638-post190.html
damn.....this is really something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back