SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 20, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,546 of 14,773
  So I just got a notice that my ZX2 is supposed to ship tomorrow from Price Japan. Keeping my fingers crossed. And, I hope I like the sound. Seems like from descriptions it is very good and rock solid. Will be interesting to compare to the DX90 and so on. 

I look forward to your DX90 comparison... as I sold mine to help fund the ZX2 purchase. I can already say that overall I like the Sony a heck of a lot better because of the battery life, build quality, UI which is a pleasure to use, combined with very good SQ. It's an overall great package.

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,548 of 14,773
  When you guys say SQ, are you guys talking about how it comes out on your cans/iems on default settings? basically 0's out settings

For me, I like 0 settings. I don't want gimmicks, I don't use EQ, I want the sound as recorded and how the dap does with this. If I have to start making adjustments then I don't feel they did well in getting the dap fairly neutral and I also may be using the wrong phones with it. If you are referring to those who already have the ZX2, then I am sure someone with answer about that as well. :^)

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #1,553 of 14,773
What is the clear audio + ? Is it some form of EQ ? I know it is a Sony thing, and when it is on, all EQ is off. Anyone have any knowledges ?

From my experience this should be the last option to turn on :)

With good recorded songs, just flat plain settings is enough. You can keep the DSEE HX on as it just upscale non Hi Res songs, and it did improve the SQ. If thats still not fit your taste you can start to play the EQ, walkman's EQ really works well that will not degrade the SQ like some other brands. If you still looking for some special sounding experience, go for the Clear Audio Plus and enjoy the discotheque :rolleyes:

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,554 of 14,773
  When you guys say SQ, are you guys talking about how it comes out on your cans/iems on default settings? basically 0's out settings

the definition of sound quality is what sounds good to you ... try first the player with no sound enhancements .. see if you are missing something can be added by the sound enhancements .. 
when a reviewer talk about the sound quality for a device , they mean without any enhancements by default .

it is your journey and your way 

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,555 of 14,773
Found a little setting trick from japanese blog that can help lower the andriod load to the CPU.

Go to About device in Settings

Tap a few times on the Build number, it will told you how many time left you will become a developer :p

After you granted the Developer right, go back out to Setting screen and you will find a new Developer options setting, go into it.

Just scroll down to around the middle of all that setting options, you will find the following options:

Window animation scale
Transition animation scale
Animator duration scale

Just turn of these settings, and you can go back home, done.

And I had also disabled all that default google apps that I will not use on this device, save the cpu load a lot :wink:

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #1,557 of 14,773
  Better to wait until it's on Amazon or some other online retailer, then you don't have to pay sales-tax. I believe you'll have to pay sales tax through the Sony site. Given the price of this thing, that'll save you about 100 bucks.

tax from sony  $81 us   pre -ordered 2/1/15   thinking state side vender will get these for retail sale and offer  some incentive  like 20% off headphones

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #1,558 of 14,773
  tax from sony  $81 us   pre -ordered 2/1/15   thinking state side vender will get these for retail sale and offer  some incentive  like 20% off headphones

I'd much rather have 20% off the ZX2, then I'd jump on it :) Been looking for coupons and deals today, but no luck so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back