SONY NW-ZX2
Apr 6, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #11,269 of 14,755
Has anyone gone the TRRS route with IE80? Can you tell me if its a significant upgrade or are there sub 200$ replacement cables (with the TRRS plug) I could buy online?

Be careful ordering cables for the IE80. The two pin connector is proprietary so make sure what you buy will specifically fit the IE80s. Standard two pin connector will not fit.

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #11,270 of 14,755
Dont think you will be happy with the PHA-3 using TH900 headphonesand other brand. Could be.... lacking power to drive it?
Maybe u will be satisfied with Sony own headphones Z7, SA series etc.
Quote:
That is a good question
smily_headphones1.gif

I love the combo with Z5. Aural heaven for me!
Unfortunately, I'm having a pre-occupation with mini discs atm.
  I have been using the combo for over a year now and do really enjoy the paring.  I think people will appreciate the PHA3 a lot more if they are able to utilize its balanced configuration.  Despite the short battery life of 5 hours, the PHA-3 has a lot going for it.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #11,271 of 14,755

Whoever suggested using the trrs cable with the idsd , i hate you right now..dammnnnn. I can't go back to my zx2 , the idsd sounds so good with my ciem trrs and the adapter provided by ifi. Listen i love my zx2 and will still be my number 1 dap but theres something about the idsd that makes it sound so addictive at least with my ciem ..

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #11,272 of 14,755
Have a question, and have searched and not found an answer. My apologies if this has been discussed. 

Question: Has anyone else when using Spotify (playing  spotify's streaming stations or playing titles over wifi)  noticed it stops at every 30 minutes?  Is this from the sleep mode?

If so, I have looked for hrs unable to find a solution.  Is this the unit going  into sleep mode or is there a work around? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

kip

I have the same issues but I suspect it's the wifi signal dropping and I just press play again.
Even w a strong signal it could be interferences that cause it to drop. Just my suspicion.

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #11,273 of 14,755

Whoever suggested using the trrs cable with the idsd , i hate you right now..dammnnnn. I can't go back to my zx2 , the idsd sounds so good with my ciem trrs and the adapter provided by ifi. Listen i love my zx2 and will still be my number 1 dap but theres something about the idsd that makes it sound so addictive at least with my ciem ..

:D lol, you hate me ? I hate myself for liking it that much lol...I agreed, Zx2 is a top DAP out there, but IDSD Micro is very addictive. I just hope that PHA-3 is not too lacking behind, or else...I will be in a bad shape

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #11,274 of 14,755
biggrin.gif
lol, you hate me ? I hate myself for liking it that much lol...I agreed, Zx2 is a top DAP out there, but IDSD Micro is very addictive. I just hope that PHA-3 is not too lacking behind, or else...I will be in a bad shape

Haha..funny thing is i've had the idsd for close to a year and never bothered to use my monitors with it cos i was ok with the zx2 until i saw your post yesterday and tried it, i was amazed at the total sound reproduction and this is just using my dx90 as transport into the idsd . I don't have the cable to use my zx2 with the idsd yet, but i'm even happy with what i'm hearing from this combo.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #11,275 of 14,755
You guys have certainly heard this question tons of times before, but I didn't find the answer when searching:
How can you EQ the sound of the Sony when using the digital out?
And has anyone heard if there will be an update of Android for the ZX2? :-D

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #11,276 of 14,755
You guys have certainly heard this question tons of times before, but I didn't find the answer when searching:
How can you EQ the sound of the Sony when using the digital out?
And has anyone heard if there will be an update of Android for the ZX2? :-D

I could EQ it by using Poweramp Alpha. When I have time I will check the Sony enhancement app

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #11,277 of 14,755
I could EQ it by using Poweramp Alpha. When I have time I will check the Sony enhancement app

I could EQ it by using Poweramp Alpha. When I have time I will check the Sony enhancement app[/quote]

The EQ of the stock Sony App does not work, that's why I asked. But with apps like Poweramp and Neutron it works then, very cool!
Thanks a lot for the quick answer, mate!

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #11,278 of 14,755
My PHA-3 is here. The Walkman digital cables that comes in the box is much nicer than the OEM cables that Sony sell out there. It is less bulky and have less potential to hurt the Walkman port on accident. Picture below, and you can see which one is more bulky.

PHA-3 with Balanced Silver Cables...Yes, I am obsessed by the Balanced connections by that much. The main reason to go for PHA-3

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #11,279 of 14,755
PHA-3 with Balanced Silver Cables...Yes, I am obsessed by the Balanced connections by that much. The main reason to go for PHA-3

These silver cables used for line out?  you made these yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back