SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 3, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #2,327 of 14,755
  Bought a WD mycloud 4 tb drive. I wanted to stream access my entire collection to the Zx2 without turning on the PC. I got it working and moved my music to the WD. I installed the mobile Android app for WDmycloud to my Zx2. I can see all my music files, but it will not play FLAC! It runs through them like 1,2,3,4,5...quickly as it can't read and tries the next one, and just keeps repeating. I tried an mp3 file and that works. I called WD support but they didn't have a clue about this. 

I wonder if the 4.2.2 version of Android on the ZX2 has something to do with this issue. I have the latest firmware and updates installed on the mobile version. This is really the only reason I bought the WDmycloud; to stream. Luckily I don't really need to stream FLAC as all my files are already converted to Lame vbr,  but it's a heads up in case anyone else is looking to try this.

I also tried the DNLA option on the Zx2 itself and it sees the WD drive but shows 'no content'.

Not many of these WIFI HD that uses app in the android will allow streaming of FLAC.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #2,328 of 14,755

Not many of these WIFI HD that uses app in the android will allow streaming of FLAC.

Yeah, you might have to find a special music app that supports accessing networked storage.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #2,329 of 14,755
Wow....135 hours....and the highs and details are still improving.....ghosts....it makes warmer IEMS such as Fx750 has beautiful, clear vocal....and those of more analytical to have little sibilances ......especially A83....couldn't stand it.......Argggg....are you changing again ?...

What if... the sound signature keeps changing forever? :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #2,330 of 14,755
What if... the sound signature keeps changing forever? :)

You know what ? I have wondered the same thing....believe it or not.....it has OsCON and POSCAP .....they are degradable :D.....what if, and when will the sounds started to be degraded ? :D

Anyways, I found out why.....and I can confirm this....

Sound adjustment disabled with Dynamic Normalizer ticked

Bass....less decays, more attacks, less extensions, faster speed........mids, and vocal is much more foward.....highs are harsh....like I said, it can turn a warm IEMS into a little analytical.....uncontrollable

Volumes is 3-4x louder

Sound adjustment enabled with Dynamic Normalizer ticked

Bass is more decays, less attacks, more extensions...slower speed....Mids, vocals is more controlled, and a bit further away....highs is less harsh with the extensions....and airy....some songs will be distorted

Suffer little output!!,

Sound adjustment enabled with Dynamic Normalizer unchecked

Bass is more decays, less attacks, more extensions....so so speed, mids, vocals is more controlled and realistic, about the same distant as above.....same highs.....and airy.....songs will not be distorted

Suffer little output !,!.

Short version : louder output = sound adjustment enabled = harsher mids and highs.....still natural...but not as good.....stock sounds is with sound adjustment enabled...EQ untouched = warmer, more organic and natural sounds.....but too little output !

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,332 of 14,755

Anyone here who ordered through the U.S. Sony store receive a ship notice yet?
I preordered and was given a March 2 ship date, but my order still says "processing."

Same here, still processing. I placed my order Feb 4.

About the WIFI-
I have WD My Cloud loaded with Flac files, so that is good news for me.

That's why i prefer to have my flacs on the memory and copy them from my WD mypassport 2TB USB 3.0 HD

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #2,333 of 14,755
I was walking around the house today with mine connected to the wifi to the 2 tb My Passport and even outside. Got down to one bar and the sound was fine, no odd sounds and the sound quality was excellent. That was through multiple walls at a distance of around 100 feet. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #2,334 of 14,755
I was walking around the house today with mine connected to the wifi to the 2 tb My Passport and even outside. Got down to one bar and the sound was fine, no odd sounds and the sound quality was excellent. That was through multiple walls at a distance of around 100 feet. 

All hail the new technology "LDAC" :D hahaha...good to know it is working though

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #2,335 of 14,755
Forget WD and their software, try using Macally WiFiHDD case, 2 Tb notebook HDD, WiFiStor, ES File Explorer, and Neutron Player for FLAC.

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #2,336 of 14,755
I don't use any of the software on the WD. Just turn it on and connect with the wifi. Very easy. The artwork shows up and navigating for albums or artists and most any way is fast. 

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #2,337 of 14,755
  I don't use any of the software on the WD. Just turn it on and connect with the wifi. Very easy. The artwork shows up and navigating for albums or artists and most any way is fast. 

I don't use the software either, for music files, hook it up and it just works. Although if you wanted to access files with their software, I think they make it easier, like for example excel files.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #2,338 of 14,755
Not sure how u guys ca play via network.. I tried a Seagate Wireless Plus..
Issue :
take over an hr to scan 2tb of audio files and it s only 70% done scanning ..files are from flac, hi res & DSD
Eats up my battery life drastically...
Using Seagate app to connect... Can't play flac files
Still experimenting with DLna app..

Download Gizmo for JRiver..
All files reside in my desktop Win7 pc..which is wireless connected to my router..
Played all my files
Downside,,,, home use only and pc with Jriver app running...

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #2,339 of 14,755
FYI: the Macally WiFiHDD enclosure runs Samba, so after the initial setup, you don't need additional software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back